G2010...how is the 2020 Season going?

6 of their starters have joined with and is bringing in 2 top players to help round it out. I think they’ll be fine.
Given that the DA programs dissolved, you think that Arsenal/Sporting will make a come up with IE talent switching to that club because ECNL? Is so, that’ll be a game-changer for that club..

Actually all six girls that left started the majority of the games when they won their tournaments and had most of their success. They are only leaving behind one starter from the team that won Blues Cup. The 6 that left were 6 of the 7 that were actually on the team the entire season.
Actually all six girls that left started the majority of the games when they won their tournaments and had most of their success. They are only leaving behind one starter from the team that won Blues Cup. The 6 that left were 6 of the 7 that were actually on the team the entire season.

It’s simple math... there were only 8 girls on the team last year to end the season. 6 of them left, but some how there was only 3 starters that left. I’m not sure that adds up.

It’s simple math... there were only 8 girls on the team last year to end the season. 6 of them left, but some how there was only 3 starters that left. I’m not sure that adds up.
[/QUOT
There was 9 on players on the 11s not including the goalie 6 left 3 out of the 6 were starters but the leading scorer and there best defensive back stay back legends still have a lot of talent to fill in the gaps and won’t skip a beat

Time-Out. We’re actually talking about soccer now? I’m happy to jump in on this. And, this being a SoCal forum I will admit my SoCal bias upfront. But, I will also say I’ve seen every team on this list within the last year except for Solar Colvin and Real Colorado. I can’t speak to those teams other than what I can see on their game logs which tells me nothing because I don’t know who they were missing, who was sick, who overslept and showed up to the game late, or who was sad cause their dog just died. So, I will rank only the teams I know something about with comment.

1. Blues. There is a lot of hate out there for this team, I think for a couple reasons. First, everyone hates a winner (see Patriots). Second, when in a close game or a final they play very direct so people scream “kickball”. The post isn’t about who plays the prettiest, it’s about who is the best. Oh yeah, they have the GOAT from Ole next year so this team is only getting better.
  2. SD Surf. They got arguably the top 3 players from SDSC added to the state cup semi-finalist. Enough said.
  3. Albion. State cup finalist who added a few SDSC players including the Keeper, which was the one position they were missing. This team will be scary. *In no way am I saying anything bad about their keeper who played at the end of last year. She played her heart out and played well…she just isn’t a full time keeper
  4. MVLA. But they won Surf Cup, beating Eagles and Blues, you will say. I saw both games, and they each could have gone either way but congrats to MVLA for winning the big prize. However, when ranking teams I can’t put too much stock in the Blues game as the Blues were missing 2 starters and had no one on the bench. I don’t care who you are, if you’re missing 1/3 of the team things change.
  5. Eagles. For the last 3 years they’ve been at or near the top, I think they are just a step below the teams above them.
  6. Legends. Fast, athletic, scary potential. I’m excited to see them this year, hopefully sooner rather than later

Those are the 6 teams I’ve seen and I’m impressed with. Again, I can’t comment on Real Co or Solar Colvin.
Ok, I’m going to try to steer us to focus on the 10s. Below is my top 10 teams nationally.Much like others on this board, I’ve seen little of teams outside of SoCal, but this is my best shot:

1. Blues - the champs when it matters. Winning is nothing new to them. The question is can they smoothly transition to 9v9 with their style of play.
2. Albion- showed the most improvement from 2018 to 2019. 2019 State Cup Finalist. They also added players from SDSC.
3. Arsenal/Sporting/Legends - I’m not sure how to label this team given the rumored switch, but what I do know is that they these little girls are some ballers.. They made it to the State Cup Semifinals two years in a row. Given this high rank, they are still underrated.
4. Eagles - could be higher, but the last time we saw them was when they got knocked out of State Cup in the Quarterfinals. There is also talk that they got a new coach. I’m not sure how they will bounce back from it all.
5. SD Surf Select - made it to the State Cup Semifinals this past season. They also added some excellent players from the SDSC Team. I’ll be interested to see how they gel on the field.
6. MVLA- great showing at the Surf’s Cup. Beat two of the ‘Big Dogs’ in this group. I’m not sure if the team they brought was an ‘All-Star’ Team because if you look at their next games through the season they lost to some questionable teams up North.
7. Real Colorado- though there isn’t much intel on them, you must respect that they beat up on teams that are older than them consistently. From that standpoint, this team reminds me of SDSC before they played down in the 2018 State Cup to almost take it all!
8. Solar SC- the only reason this team isn’t higher is because their level of competition has been inconsistent. They’ve beaten up on older teams (much like Real Colorado), but lack the competition that a SoCal region brings per se.
9. Dallas Texans - much like Solar, but they have beaten up on boys teams their on age. Really not a lot of intel on this squad but this is a toss-up between the next team I’ll rank..
10. St. Louis Elite Navy - it’s a recurring theme.. little warriors beating up on older girls or boys. This team has done that consistently for the last 2 years. Given their region, we have heard little on what this team has done. The box score shows me that they are building for the future as they compete on the ECNL Platform..

Should be interesting how this all shakes out, but this is my Pre-Season top 10.

Ok, I’m going to try to steer us to focus on the 10s. Below is my top 10 teams nationally.Much like others on this board, I’ve seen little of teams outside of SoCal, but this is my best shot:

1. Blues - the champs when it matters. Winning is nothing new to them. The question is can they smoothly transition to 9v9 with their style of play.
2. Albion- showed the most improvement from 2018 to 2019. 2019 State Cup Finalist. They also added players from SDSC.
3. Arsenal/Sporting/Legends - I’m not sure how to label this team given the rumored switch, but what I do know is that they these little girls are some ballers.. They made it to the State Cup Semifinals two years in a row. Given this high rank, they are still underrated.
4. Eagles - could be higher, but the last time we saw them was when they got knocked out of State Cup in the Quarterfinals. There is also talk that they got a new coach. I’m not sure how they will bounce back from it all.
5. SD Surf Select - made it to the State Cup Semifinals this past season. They also added some excellent players from the SDSC Team. I’ll be interested to see how they gel on the field.
6. MVLA- great showing at the Surf’s Cup. Beat two of the ‘Big Dogs’ in this group. I’m not sure if the team they brought was an ‘All-Star’ Team because if you look at their next games through the season they lost to some questionable teams up North.
7. Real Colorado- though there isn’t much intel on them, you must respect that they beat up on teams that are older than them consistently. From that standpoint, this team reminds me of SDSC before they played down in the 2018 State Cup to almost take it all!
8. Solar SC- the only reason this team isn’t higher is because their level of competition has been inconsistent. They’ve beaten up on older teams (much like Real Colorado), but lack the competition that a SoCal region brings per se.
9. Dallas Texans - much like Solar, but they have beaten up on boys teams their on age. Really not a lot of intel on this squad but this is a toss-up between the next team I’ll rank..
10. St. Louis Elite Navy - it’s a recurring theme.. little warriors beating up on older girls or boys. This team has done that consistently for the last 2 years. Given their region, we have heard little on what this team has done. The box score shows me that they are building for the future as they compete on the ECNL Platform..

Should be interesting how this all shakes out, but this is my Pre-Season top 10.
Looking good...…..Top 10 So Cal teams? Top 10 No Cal teams?

This was my best attempt for ranking the top 10 National Teams. I would love to see your top 10 SoCal and your top 10 NorCal teams.
Top 10 So Cal (I don't know much about No Cal, so I can't go there). Hope I'm not missing a team.....A few of the teams below could flip flop based on new adds that I am unaware of.

1. Blues
2. SD Surf
3. Albion
4. Eagles
5. Arsenal/Sporting FC?
6. Slammers PA
7. Slammers HB
8. MSA
9. Ole
10. TV Hawks

Back