G2010...how is the 2020 Season going?

Sockers858

SILVER ELITE
2019 was a great season and roughly 13 games remaining for the 2019 season.

Any new players added, removed, coaching changes, and what league / tournaments is your DD is planning on playing?

Topics
1. Tournaments
2. 9v9
3. Coaches Changes
4 Team rankings etc

Tier 1 teams
Blues
Eagles
SDSC - no longer a team

Possible Tier 1 teams
Surf SD - new additions of SDSC players
Albion - same as above and new coach
Legends - Beat Blues twice in league play but yet to win a big tournament
Slammers PA - knockout of state cup already and has work to do
OC Surf - same as above
MSA - Still playing in state cup and has a huge change to upset Albion.
Liverpool - shocked they did compete in president cup this year. Anyone know why they did not?
Ole - might be a rebuilding year with a loss of key players

please post any other candidates to compete for Tier 1

@WillJohn @TheRedDragon, @PaPa805 @Goforgoal @Luis Andres @Bri’s-DAD @Sokrplayer75 @dad4 @Veritas @EM3 @soccerfam714 @Dontknowsoccer @Socal0 @justneededaname @XBZ

I tell anyone who would listen to me that CDA Slammers Crowley is a good team that can make some noise.. if they get a few more pieces, they could beat anyone on this list.. matter of fact they played teams in state cup better than anyone would of thought.. this week will tell us more

I tell anyone who would listen to me that CDA Slammers Crowley is a good team that can make some noise.. if they get a few more pieces, they could beat anyone on this list.. matter of fact they played teams in state cup better than anyone would of thought.. this week will tell us more
Great to here about CDA Slammers Crowley and hopefully they get 2-3 pieces to be a
True contender next season. You guys have a tough matchup this week vs Blues.

San Diego teams I will be curious to watch next year are Attack and EC Surf.

I know nothing about Attack except what I see on paper. They were undefeated in flight 2 in league and were 3-0 in group in State Cup Governors. Attack sits right in the center of a triangle of Surf, SDSC, and LAGSD (now City SC). It is possible they keep the team together and move up to flight 1, where they might make some noise. Just as likely is the team is poached by SDSC to fill vacancies, by LAGSD who is underperforming so far for their club norm and how many teams they have in the age group, or by Surf because that is what Surf does.

EC Surf is a rebrand and expansion of Liverpool. The club is going from 2 2010 teams this year to 4 next year. Their top team is a mash up of kids from Liverpool, Crusaders, Albion and others. It is basically starting from scratch, but their coach is very good and his current 2010 teams (boys and girls) play some of the prettiest soccer in the age group. They are unlikely to compete with the Surf and Albion, but they will be enjoyable to watch. From a soccer as sports entertainment standpoint they are my current favorites.

Great job CDA Slammers Crowley. I know you guys are down a player too so even more impressive.

San Diego teams I will be curious to watch next year are Attack and EC Surf.

I know nothing about Attack except what I see on paper. They were undefeated in flight 2 in league and were 3-0 in group in State Cup Governors. Attack sits right in the center of a triangle of Surf, SDSC, and LAGSD (now City SC). It is possible they keep the team together and move up to flight 1, where they might make some noise. Just as likely is the team is poached by SDSC to fill vacancies, by LAGSD who is underperforming so far for their club norm and how many teams they have in the age group, or by Surf because that is what Surf does.

EC Surf is a rebrand and expansion of Liverpool. The club is going from 2 2010 teams this year to 4 next year. Their top team is a mash up of kids from Liverpool, Crusaders, Albion and others. It is basically starting from scratch, but their coach is very good and his current 2010 teams (boys and girls) play some of the prettiest soccer in the age group. They are unlikely to compete with the Surf and Albion, but they will be enjoyable to watch. From a soccer as sports entertainment standpoint they are my current favorites.

Heard 4 of the top Attack players are going to LAGSD(City SC) next season.

I did see that they had a new coach on the side line, could of that been the factor?
good group of young ladies

That could be a factor. All I know is that they had an amazing goalie that kept them in their games and also an utility player who plays the whole field.

That could be a factor. All I know is that they had an amazing goalie that kept them in their games and also an utility player who plays the whole field.
yeah! the goalie is top notch, good reflexes for her age. Itll be interesting to see them on 9v9, hopefully they get to keep the same group of girls.

I have a daughter who transitioned to 9v9 this past year and I know that the game is a lot different... the same teams who have success now (playing bully ball) won’t have the same success as the fields (assuming they’re 9v9 regulation) are bigger and can expose some less skilled teams.. exciting stuff!

Congrats to the Blues. Again….

It’s crazy to think that if you are a girl under the age of 12 you have not won a state cup unless you play for the Blues or Eagles. 6 for the Blues (2008s, 2010s, 2011s) and 2 for the Eagles (2009s). This could change in a couple weeks as the 09 Eagles are eliminated. My money is on Slammers PA, but I’m on the wrong board for 2009 talk.

Back to the 10s - now that the season is officially over, I’m thinking about next year. Here’s my top 5 based on what I’ve heard. I think all 5 of these teams are a step above the rest, and it is very tight…not much separates any of them. I welcome any and all comments.

1. Blues- 2 time defending champs, #1 until someone can beat them consistently when it counts. Also should be improved next year with Ole’s top player, and knowing RR I’m sure there are others coming.
  2. Albion- The State runner up should be improved with the SDSC players. It will be their first time as a top dog with everyone gunning for them. I’m guessing they will react well, but you never know.
  3. SD Surf- State semifinalist is much improved after poaching the top SDSC players.
  4. Eagles- They went out in the quarters after some bad luck with injuries and a red card. I have no reason to think they’ve taken a step backwards, it just seems the 2 SD teams have jumped them.
  5. Legends- I don’t know what they’re brining in next year, but they beat SDSC and almost got the Blues in the semis. The core is there and they are a real threat to win it all.

And a quick opinion on going 9v9. I have 2 kids playing 11v11, so I’ve been through the changes a couple times. For those who think things are going to change dramatically, you’re kidding yourself. Yes, the field is bigger, but there are also 4 more players on the field. The biggest change will be the ability of “lesser” teams to clog up the area in front of the goal when they are outmatched and try for the 0-0 draw. I’ve seen some games where there are 6 defenders in the box…that’s a lot of traffic. The real change happens at 11v11 where they go to a full size 120 yard by 60 yard field.

Congrats to the Blues. Again….

It’s crazy to think that if you are a girl under the age of 12 you have not won a state cup unless you play for the Blues or Eagles. 6 for the Blues (2008s, 2010s, 2011s) and 2 for the Eagles (2009s). This could change in a couple weeks as the 09 Eagles are eliminated. My money is on Slammers PA, but I’m on the wrong board for 2009 talk.

Back to the 10s - now that the season is officially over, I’m thinking about next year. Here’s my top 5 based on what I’ve heard. I think all 5 of these teams are a step above the rest, and it is very tight…not much separates any of them. I welcome any and all comments.

1. Blues- 2 time defending champs, #1 until someone can beat them consistently when it counts. Also should be improved next year with Ole’s top player, and knowing RR I’m sure there are others coming.
  2. Albion- The State runner up should be improved with the SDSC players. It will be their first time as a top dog with everyone gunning for them. I’m guessing they will react well, but you never know.
  3. SD Surf- State semifinalist is much improved after poaching the top SDSC players.
  4. Eagles- They went out in the quarters after some bad luck with injuries and a red card. I have no reason to think they’ve taken a step backwards, it just seems the 2 SD teams have jumped them.
  5. Legends- I don’t know what they’re brining in next year, but they beat SDSC and almost got the Blues in the semis. The core is there and they are a real threat to win it all.

And a quick opinion on going 9v9. I have 2 kids playing 11v11, so I’ve been through the changes a couple times. For those who think things are going to change dramatically, you’re kidding yourself. Yes, the field is bigger, but there are also 4 more players on the field. The biggest change will be the ability of “lesser” teams to clog up the area in front of the goal when they are outmatched and try for the 0-0 draw. I’ve seen some games where there are 6 defenders in the box…that’s a lot of traffic. The real change happens at 11v11 where they go to a full size 120 yard by 60 yard field.
Crazy how Blues and Eagles are so good. Same two teams when my dd was u10. Thank God we played 7x7 and then jumped right to 11x11. Way better. Talk about parking the bus. 9x9 is not the greatest I hear. Did @Luis Andres really take the Blue Pill? If true, then the Blues will be a Fabulous team to watch.

It's for sure official. Good luck to #2 and to all the girls and boys playing soccer. No one coach is perfect or no one club does everything right. We all make mistakes.

"I've been a scoundrel in my life. I've been selfish. I've been cruel at times, hard to work with, and I'm grateful that so many of you in this room have given me a second chance," he said. "And I think that's when we're at our best -- when we support each other." JP

Tryouts should be mostly over and the new season of trainings and team meetings may have started.

I hope everyone is enjoying the break and looking forward to the first tournaments in a couple of months.

What’s your DDs first tournament?

Any word on plans for Surf?

Seems like it would be tough to justify the usual crowds, but you might be able todo something more distributed or delayed.

Nif
I hope everyone is hanging in there during these tough times. I congratulate all the little ones that are making the effort to train at home. Please share your videos of what some are doing to stay in shape. The only thing they can do is train at home now and wait until the day they can come back to the fields. God bless everyone stay safe and keep training. We got the chance to sneak to the park and do a little banging the box midfielder training session with her trainer. My little one staying sharp during covid19 she’s been training daily. So proud of her keeping her spirits up. She was so excited for summer soccer camp this June but I’m about to break the bad news to her.

ty footage for sure. This is your daughter training during Covid lockdown? Or is this Fabi training in December of last year like the video title suggests? Judging by hand movements, I think this video is sped up...maybe 5%? Nice workout in any case.

Back