G2010...how is the 2020 Season going?

Ok, I’m going to try to steer us to focus on the 10s. Below is my top 10 teams nationally.Much like others on this board, I’ve seen little of teams outside of SoCal, but this is my best shot:

1. Blues - the champs when it matters. Winning is nothing new to them. The question is can they smoothly transition to 9v9 with their style of play.
2. Albion- showed the most improvement from 2018 to 2019. 2019 State Cup Finalist. They also added players from SDSC.
3. Arsenal/Sporting/Legends - I’m not sure how to label this team given the rumored switch, but what I do know is that they these little girls are some ballers.. They made it to the State Cup Semifinals two years in a row. Given this high rank, they are still underrated.
4. Eagles - could be higher, but the last time we saw them was when they got knocked out of State Cup in the Quarterfinals. There is also talk that they got a new coach. I’m not sure how they will bounce back from it all.
5. SD Surf Select - made it to the State Cup Semifinals this past season. They also added some excellent players from the SDSC Team. I’ll be interested to see how they gel on the field.
6. MVLA- great showing at the Surf’s Cup. Beat two of the ‘Big Dogs’ in this group. I’m not sure if the team they brought was an ‘All-Star’ Team because if you look at their next games through the season they lost to some questionable teams up North.
7. Real Colorado- though there isn’t much intel on them, you must respect that they beat up on teams that are older than them consistently. From that standpoint, this team reminds me of SDSC before they played down in the 2018 State Cup to almost take it all!
8. Solar SC- the only reason this team isn’t higher is because their level of competition has been inconsistent. They’ve beaten up on older teams (much like Real Colorado), but lack the competition that a SoCal region brings per se.
9. Dallas Texans - much like Solar, but they have beaten up on boys teams their on age. Really not a lot of intel on this squad but this is a toss-up between the next team I’ll rank..
10. St. Louis Elite Navy - it’s a recurring theme.. little warriors beating up on older girls or boys. This team has done that consistently for the last 2 years. Given their region, we have heard little on what this team has done. The box score shows me that they are building for the future as they compete on the ECNL Platform..

Should be interesting how this all shakes out, but this is my Pre-Season top 10.
Writing from norcal here. There was no great norcal conspiracy to send an all star team to surf*. The MVLA team was their regulars.

*-Though I do like the all star team idea. We’ll have to do that some time.

Ok, I’m going to try to steer us to focus on the 10s. Below is my top 10 teams nationally.Much like others on this board, I’ve seen little of teams outside of SoCal, but this is my best shot:

1. Blues - the champs when it matters. Winning is nothing new to them. The question is can they smoothly transition to 9v9 with their style of play.
2. Albion- showed the most improvement from 2018 to 2019. 2019 State Cup Finalist. They also added players from SDSC.
3. Arsenal/Sporting/Legends - I’m not sure how to label this team given the rumored switch, but what I do know is that they these little girls are some ballers.. They made it to the State Cup Semifinals two years in a row. Given this high rank, they are still underrated.
4. Eagles - could be higher, but the last time we saw them was when they got knocked out of State Cup in the Quarterfinals. There is also talk that they got a new coach. I’m not sure how they will bounce back from it all.
5. SD Surf Select - made it to the State Cup Semifinals this past season. They also added some excellent players from the SDSC Team. I’ll be interested to see how they gel on the field.
6. MVLA- great showing at the Surf’s Cup. Beat two of the ‘Big Dogs’ in this group. I’m not sure if the team they brought was an ‘All-Star’ Team because if you look at their next games through the season they lost to some questionable teams up North.
7. Real Colorado- though there isn’t much intel on them, you must respect that they beat up on teams that are older than them consistently. From that standpoint, this team reminds me of SDSC before they played down in the 2018 State Cup to almost take it all!
8. Solar SC- the only reason this team isn’t higher is because their level of competition has been inconsistent. They’ve beaten up on older teams (much like Real Colorado), but lack the competition that a SoCal region brings per se.
9. Dallas Texans - much like Solar, but they have beaten up on boys teams their on age. Really not a lot of intel on this squad but this is a toss-up between the next team I’ll rank..
10. St. Louis Elite Navy - it’s a recurring theme.. little warriors beating up on older girls or boys. This team has done that consistently for the last 2 years. Given their region, we have heard little on what this team has done. The box score shows me that they are building for the future as they compete on the ECNL Platform..

Should be interesting how this all shakes out, but this is my Pre-Season top 10.
The big key is which team can make the transition to 9v9. Back in the day, we were forced to go from 7x7 right up to 11x11. I like this 9v9 better so stay away from kickball. Good luck and stay safe. I like MLVA as #1 because.

Top 10 So Cal (I don't know much about No Cal, so I can't go there). Hope I'm not missing a team.....A few of the teams below could flip flop based on new adds that I am unaware of.

1. Blues
2. SD Surf
3. Albion
4. Eagles
5. Arsenal/Sporting FC?
6. Slammers PA
7. Slammers HB
8. MSA
9. Ole
10. TV Hawks

TV hawks merged into TV legends ..Half the team left to different clubs

W
Everyone has a similar top 10 and with Blues being #1 across the board. The real question is below I’m hoping all the local so cal team join Surf Cup as well with MVLA, and some Texans teams (odds are low for out of state.

What teams are in Surf Cup?

@Sokrplayer75
@Trojan_mule
@Dontknowsoccer
@HE>I
@dad4
@Goforgoal
@WillJohn
@PaPa805
@justneededaname
when is Surf Cup again? I’m hoping far enough in the future to have it but close enough to see some competitive matches soon ! Can’t wait to see how these teams look out of the gate...

W

when is Surf Cup again? I’m hoping far enough in the future to have it but close enough to see some competitive matches soon ! Can’t wait to see how these teams look out of the gate...
August 22 for surf. 2 days, min 3 games.

Starting to have small group practice in norcal, but varies by club. Nowhere close to scrimmages.

August 22 for surf. 2 days, min 3 games.

Starting to have small group practice in norcal, but varies by club. Nowhere close to scrimmages.
Arizona is having tournaments, but that’s one of the states that had uptick in new COVID19 cases. It’s going to be a balancing act.

This age group has SO MUCH talent.!!!

2019 scdsl F1 2010 was loaded with talent!!!
I watched #2 when she was at Ole. They played Blues and then their was another game going on with two other top teams. I'm super impressed with the commitment these young goats are putting in to be the best of the best. Keep it up and never give up on soccer. This sport will bring unity to all of us in the future.

Back