What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

Olders I just not see how they will have enough time to get into proper playing shape or form in time for early August stuff like Surf but some might try it anyway. My player has no reason to risk it and nothing to gain from that so he not even considering that as a option and will be traveling somewhat before school starts again.
Last Saturday I watched FC Barcelona in its first match back since March. A couple of changes were implemented to lower the risk of injuries:
-Five subs per game instead of three (I think this is across all pro leagues now)
-Cooling breaks at the 32:00 mark of each half, even though Barcelona's match started at 10pm local time

I expect and hope youth leagues will implement similar measures when we return to actual games.

Some other interesting/silly observations:
-The stadium was empty, but they superimposed a computer generated image that made it look like a Wii game.
-They also added fake crowd noise. It did make the game more enjoyable than just showing an actual empty, quiet stadium.
-If you're on the pitch, everything goes. But if you're on on the bench, you have to social distance. LOL.
-Not much in-your-face complaining to the referees. Not sure if players are just happy to be back or they were ordered to social distance from the refs.

I expect we will have a lot of silliness when youth soccer returns, and there will be false starts. But man oh man, life is definitely better with soccer. For two hours Covid and other social issues did not cross my mind.

1592338364202.png

My best guess is next Tuesday. With all that we ALL have gone through the last three months, I look forward to getting back to some soccer and seeing all of you at the Great Park, Oceanside, Arizona and Vegas baby soon :)

My oldest daughter's softball team played two friendlies this past Sunday in Menifee. My youngest daughters soccer team started small practices with her club this week.
I will confess my jealousy jumbo jack. Already getting in on all the action. Youth sports is the bomb btw. I wanted one of my kids to play baseball or softball too and I couldn't get my dd to even try and my son had asshole coach Dave for Mustang Pony Ball. This guy thought he was all that. Ruined any chance to get my son to try again after that horrible first season. I'm dead serious. We a had a 2nd baseman named Trevor who let a ball go through his legs in the 6th inning of a tie game and in the quarter finals of big time playoffs. Coach Dave yelled "Trevor, I told you to keep your glove down and now we lost. "Thanks a lot Trevor." Trevor cried and my son said he would never go back. I had a great talk with that punk of a coach at the banquet. He got kicked out the following season for being verbally abusive towards his own kids and other kids on the team. Anyway, enjoy the moment and go sports :)

Hearing OC is back by latest next week and a lot of OC clubs back possibly tomorrow. As for LA, not looking good and they may not start back until July sometime. Guess no LA teams at surf cup?

Hearing OC is back by latest next week and a lot of OC clubs back possibly tomorrow. As for LA, not looking good and they may not start back until July sometime. Guess no LA teams at surf cup?
Can’t be sure until the last minute. Older teams that can’t train might skip Surf because of the injury risk.

If teams are afraid to travel, maybe Surf isn’t the big one this year. What events come later that might replace it? (Nov-Feb time frame)

How about no.

The rest of the world sees things differently and it's really nice to see soccer again.

bfc69c434daf48f98a6054397daacfa0_md.jpg

Modified soccer camps retuning next week to orange county at some facilities and a couple places in LA also but the college's we normally train at still no estimate on those opening up, July 1st was in the conversation as the earliest but need Heath dept ok for that which is in progress.

When night time and regular training resumes we will have a better idea when playing full games might be feasible.

Pretty much everyone will be practicing by July 1st. August Tournaments will happen. The biggest concern for all of us is if this expected 2nd covid wave will hit hard and shut down the state again in late Sept/October. If this happens, you can kiss all soccer good bye until next Spring. Recent death trends in OC are not good but still less than .01% of population

Pretty much everyone will be practicing by July 1st. August Tournaments will happen. The biggest concern for all of us is if this expected 2nd covid wave will hit hard and shut down the state again in late Sept/October. If this happens, you can kiss all soccer good bye until next Spring. Recent death trends in OC are not good but still less than .01% of population
This is wear I will bee.
1592432420394.png

Catholic high schools will apparently be going on campus starting in August. Some schools starting football practices in July. Assuming fields open, club soccer should start up soon.
My son's high school in San Diego starts conditioning camp for football on Monday. They started on-site summer school this Monday. His previous soccer team (yeah, he decided on a career change) started training last Thursday. My daughter's team had their first training tonight.

My son's high school in San Diego starts conditioning camp for football on Monday. They started on-site summer school this Monday. His previous soccer team (yeah, he decided on a career change) started training last Thursday. My daughter's team had their first training tonight.

Yep, this high school thing will do that to boys. Both of mine reached high school and they walked away from soccer without even looking back. LOL

Yep, this high school thing will do that to boys. Both of mine reached high school and they walked away from soccer without even looking back. LOL
He has played flag football since he was in third grade. His middle school had a flag football team that played in a private school league. At the first game in 7th grade when I saw him on the sidelines with all his school friends, all the parents in the stands, and all the 7th grade girls watching, I knew I was probably watching the beginning of the end of his soccer career.

He has played flag football since he was in third grade. His middle school had a flag football team that played in a private school league. At the first game in 7th grade when I saw him on the sidelines with all his school friends, all the parents in the stands, and all the 7th grade girls watching, I knew I was probably watching the beginning of the end of his soccer career.

For my son it was the opposite, he played in the NFL junior league up until HS and was highly recruited and everyone thought for sure he would continue.

He attend some high school postseason tournaments & all star games as a guest spectator behind the scenes and talked with several plays & coaches. Couple weeks later turns downs offers and tells them he's not playing football anymore and I was like what?

Dad....it's not worth the abuse you have to put your body through , I don't want to bulkup anymore, too many risks, head bangers, bloody fingers, sore body parts without time to recover so I'm going to concentrate on sports where there is less contact and I don't have to bulk up and feel sore all the time.

Turned out well for him and he even thought about playing his senior year but he's set and just doesn't want to risk injury and his future soccer play in college. He goes to all HS games and cheers them on, several of his good friends still play and he gets in some pickup games ever now and again.

We'll see in the coming days if this gets adjusted butCalifornia just torched the upcoming season. Unless things change no way fall football happens either. So as far as I can gather outdoor recreational activities are exempt from mask requirements but only if you can maintain social distancing of 6 feet. Given masks are not only impractical with soccer but may cause potential issues, I don't see how we ever move out of the day camp phase for soccer. ? now is how much pushback there is and if there's going to be any adjustment, but we may be stuck in the socially distanced phases for some time.

My kids started "camps" this week in San Diego. It's a lot of separated individuals dual skills stuff for now, but at least it's something. The hope is they move on the phase 2 in a few weeks and can start closer inter-group play.
Same here, "practice" was postponed this week. "Camps" hosted by the club to start next week on 6/22.

Back