What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

No, not in the short term.

It shouldn't because supposedly teams are distance practicing. You don't need to wear a mask outside if you can socially distance 6ft. But it means moving beyond the distancing phases is pretty much impossible which puts the season in doubt unless this gets modified and no way you can do an August tournament in 100 degree heat. For other sports like football and waterpolo, getting game ready for the fall is pretty much going to be an impossibility.

How long until a club tells someone that another club has players with COVID so they have to suspend their practices for a few weeks?
Most kids who get covid are asymtomatic. So we probably won't know if someone is infected until parents or coach have symptoms and their families are tested. By then, who knows how many will have it. The entire team will have to be tested. Just a reminder to everyone, even though 75% of those who die from covid are over 65, 25% are under 65. The largest group testing positive at this time is between 40-49 and 50-59. Even though that age group does pretty well from mild to serious, if you are hospitalized the bills will be huge! We are talking thousands of dollars, figure 80% coverage from insurance the cost to the family could be really high. Also, figure in lost wages if you do test positive. We have to all be careful so we can continue to stay open.

Most kids who get covid are asymtomatic. So we probably won't know if someone is infected until parents or coach have symptoms and their families are tested. By then, who knows how many will have it. The entire team will have to be tested. Just a reminder to everyone, even though 75% of those who die from covid are over 65, 25% are under 65. The largest group testing positive at this time is between 40-49 and 50-59. Even though that age group does pretty well from mild to serious, if you are hospitalized the bills will be huge! We are talking thousands of dollars, figure 80% coverage from insurance the cost to the family could be really high. Also, figure in lost wages if you do test positive. We have to all be careful so we can continue to stay open.
Or $1,100,000 Corona Virus bill. For the record, I'm super stoked the guy lived and it's worth every penny!

It shouldn't because supposedly teams are distance practicing. You don't need to wear a mask outside if you can socially distance 6ft. But it means moving beyond the distancing phases is pretty much impossible which puts the season in doubt unless this gets modified and no way you can do an August tournament in 100 degree heat. For other sports like football and waterpolo, getting game ready for the fall is pretty much going to be an impossibility.

I read the new guidance and unless somethings change or additional clarification is provided could delay or cause problems for contact or close contact sports.

Reguired:
While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible."

Exempt:
"Persons who are engaged in outdoor work or recreation such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling, or running, when alone or with household members, and when they are able to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others."

Football, basketball, and soccer don't seem to fit the above exempt definition. Who's selling those sports masks again?

I read the new guidance and unless somethings change or additional clarification is provided could delay or cause problems for contact or close contact sports.

Reguired:
While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible."

Exempt:
"Persons who are engaged in outdoor work or recreation such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling, or running, when alone or with household members, and when they are able to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others."

Football, basketball, and soccer don't seem to fit the above exempt definition. Who's selling those sports masks again?

I guess the Goalkeeper Wars that some clubs tack onto tournaments as an extra competition could become the main event. You can maintain the required distance and everyone playing wears gloves!

Or $1,100,000 Corona Virus bill. For the record, I'm super stoked the guy lived and it's worth every penny!

I have a neighborhood who's referred to as the $40$ million dollar man, he had one hospital stay that was over $6$ million, his room was 5k a day for the ccu he was in.

Just his daily prescriptions total what most people take home in a week. He's happy to still be around but medical care when your get really sick or have chronic conditions can end up devastating people financially some of the time, 10% or deductibles can really get you when the numbers are in the millions.

I guess the Goalkeeper Wars that some clubs tack onto tournaments as an extra competition could become the main event. You can maintain the required distance and everyone playing wears gloves!

Yeah we could do freekick wars, penality kick shootouts, field goals comps maybe time to "reimagine" the games as they say

I have a neighborhood who's referred to as the $40$ million dollar man, he had one hospital stay that was over $6$ million, his room was 5k a day for the ccu he was in.

Just his daily prescriptions total what most people take home in a week. He's happy to still be around but medical care when your get really sick or have chronic conditions can end up devastating people financially some of the time, 10% or deductibles can really get you when the numbers are in the millions.

you understand a Tylenol at the hospitals over $300....

health care systems been broken for years

I have a deal for the kids who love soccer and really miss playing in a game. Training starts next week. Lets let the kids play in Surf Cup or SilverLakes. Add $50 charge to to each player for food and games and parking. Parents drop off and go on a date each day to make up for lost dates ((if you date)). Kids need a soccer rally. I would like to go too and watch because I miss it too, but I'm willing to do whatever to let the kids play.

I have a deal for the kids who love soccer and really miss playing in a game. Training starts next week. Lets let the kids play in Surf Cup or SilverLakes. Add $50 charge to to each player for food and games and parking. Parents drop off and go on a date each day to make up for lost dates ((if you date)). Kids need a soccer rally. I would like to go too and watch because I miss it too, but I'm willing to do whatever to let the kids play.

I'm all for kids returning to training but tournaments not sure just yet.

Don't know many parents that want to drive for hours each way to drop there kids off and come back in two hours but in some places like San Diego at least there places to go. Turning soccer into child care I dunno if coaches will go for that with 3 teams per could get tricky.

I can see testing required at some point, high school clearance maybe coming:

I'm all for kids returning to training but tournaments not sure just yet.

Don't know many parents that want to drive for hours each way to drop there kids off and come back in two hours but in some places like San Diego at least there places to go. Turning soccer into child care I dunno if coaches will go for that with 3 teams per could get tricky.

I can see testing required at some point, high school clearance maybe coming:

Before we try for U17 tournaments, how about drop off U9 games with youth refs?

Much safer.

Before we try for U17 tournaments, how about drop off U9 games with youth refs?

Much safer.

Safer in what sense?

Kids those ages normally need guidance and some sort of adult supervision or child care right?

Coaches are there to teach soccer and normally have multiple teams right? Are they appropriate, willing or even have the time or capacity to take on additional responsibility and keep track of each individual kid all the things that go with that and wait for each parent to return in a tournament format with so many other players, . At a local practice yes ? But a out of town tournament not sure

Back