What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

I'm all for kids returning to training but tournaments not sure just yet.

Don't know many parents that want to drive for hours each way to drop there kids off and come back in two hours but in some places like San Diego at least there places to go. Turning soccer into child care I dunno if coaches will go for that with 3 teams per could get tricky.

I can see testing required at some point, high school clearance maybe coming:

No, just a few games before were shut down again. I'm only talking youth sports btw. I'm seeing shut down in certain states and counties coming and that's life. The kids deserve a little fun too and a tournament is not too much to ask for is it? Let's say my dd team is invited to Silver Lakes Aug 21-23rd ((I have no idea what tournament were in btw)). Friday 10am game. My wife and I drop her off at the Temperature drop off place at 8am. They take her temp and all is good. After a nice breakfast and maybe some shopping, we come back for pick up at 12pm. Saturday we drop off and do the temp thing and go to lunch & a movie this time. No crowds bro at all. Sunday, we repeat. Local colleges can come and make the drive. This is all doable imo. If kids under 24 start dying like crazy, lets shut it all down.

Safer in what sense?

Kids those ages normally need guidance and some sort of adult supervision or child care right?

Coaches are there to teach soccer and normally have multiple teams right? Are they appropriate, willing or even have the time or capacity to take on additional responsibility and keep track of each individual kid all the things that go with that and wait for each parent to return in a tournament format with so many other players, . At a local practice yes ? But a out of town tournament not sure
Safer in the sense that small groups have fewer interactions, and kids under 10 carry lower viral loads.

I am thinking small games at the local elementary school. More about play than P5 scholarships.

OC needs to stop pissing off the Nanny.

"While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible."

I read the new guidance and unless somethings change or additional clarification is provided could delay or cause problems for contact or close contact sports.

Reguired:
While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible."

Exempt:
"Persons who are engaged in outdoor work or recreation such as swimming, walking, hiking, bicycling, or running, when alone or with household members, and when they are able to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others."

Football, basketball, and soccer don't seem to fit the above exempt definition. Who's selling those sports masks again?

Agree or not with the mask guidance it's not enforcable as a crime or anything. No mask police ,sheriff's or local police basically saying they won't enforce.

Businesses could deny and there can be some legal and insurance ramifications but not sure how that might play out?

No, just a few games before were shut down again. I'm only talking youth sports btw. I'm seeing shut down in certain states and counties coming and that's life. The kids deserve a little fun too and a tournament is not too much to ask for is it? Let's say my dd team is invited to Silver Lakes Aug 21-23rd ((I have no idea what tournament were in btw)). Friday 10am game. My wife and I drop her off at the Temperature drop off place at 8am. They take her temp and all is good. After a nice breakfast and maybe some shopping, we come back for pick up at 12pm. Saturday we drop off and do the temp thing and go to lunch & a movie this time. No crowds bro at all. Monday, we repeat. Local colleges can come and make the drive. This is all doable imo. If kids under 24 start dying like crazy, lets shut it all down.

My HS son drives so I'm good at watching the highlights. He's responsible enough to take care of whatever needs there are.

Will take the thermo gun with to help everyone if they need checking. He will play with a mask, some pros wear those in training so its doable.

My HS son drives so I'm good at watching the highlights. He's responsible enough to take care of whatever needs there are.

Will take the thermo gun with to help everyone if they need checking. He will play with a mask, some pros wear those in training so its doable.
Well, my dd can drive soon when DMV is ready for her to take her test. I hear their back logged. I will also say I know how to sneak into Silver Lakes so I will probably give the Mrs some spending money and I'll get my sport fix for the rest of the year on Friday. Just one more game, please.......

"While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible."

Agree or not with the mask guidance it's not enforcable as a crime or anything. No mask police ,sheriff's or local police basically saying they won't enforce.

Businesses could deny and there can be some legal and insurance ramifications but not sure how that might play out?

Governors rule came after a billion dollar mask deal with China....we gonna take this one up the cheeks too?

Anyone actually read some of the releases Cal South and the clubs are having us sign?

I'm not opposed to sending my kids back and I understand and assume responsibility for the risks, but some of the verbiage on these releases is interesting to say the least, especially the parts about negligence.

Anyone actually read some of the releases Cal South and the clubs are having us sign?

I'm not opposed to sending my kids back and I understand and assume responsibility for the risks, but some of the verbiage on these releases is interesting to say the least, especially the parts about negligence.
Please share on the message board what that means bro. Me dumb dumb, ty kindly :)

where did you find a mask that is comfy to play in?

Waivers generally are for negligence. You're asking people to assume the risk that you'll make a mistake or your precautions will be inadequate or not done properly and their kid (or the parent) will be harmed. You're telling them they should just not participate if that inherent risk worries them.

If you do everything perfectly under the reasonable care standard, the waiver is unnecessary since you're not liable anyway (the indemnity might be necessary, though, to cover the defendant's costs if you bring suit against them). In California, courts generally won't let you waive your right to sue for gross negligence, wanton disregard for safety, intentional actions to harm you etc, but they will for regular negligence (mistakes made when trying to do the right thing).

Attorneys often advise the group drafting the waiver to specify that the parent is waiving their right to sue for negligence. That's because your reaction is common. Many parents will sign a waiver, but, according to the court, not realize they've waived their right to sue if the soccer club or field did something the wrong way (i.e., negligently). Not sure what parents think they're waiving in that case, but people don't always put 2 and 2 together. The court will rule that the waiver was ineffective because there was inadequate information or notice about the rights they were waiving. That's why they specify negligence here. It's also because "reasonable care" is so uncertain with a new virus where transmission methods are unclear that there is a decent chance what seems reasonable care now may seem like negligence in hindsight years later when there is a trial and they don't want to fight about that.

Waivers generally are for negligence. You're asking people to assume the risk that you'll make a mistake or your precautions will be inadequate or not done properly and their kid (or the parent) will be harmed. You're telling them they should just not participate if that inherent risk worries them.

If you do everything perfectly under the reasonable care standard, the waiver is unnecessary since you're not liable anyway (the indemnity might be necessary, though, to cover the defendant's costs if you bring suit against them). In California, courts generally won't let you waive your right to sue for gross negligence, wanton disregard for safety, intentional actions to harm you etc, but they will for regular negligence (mistakes made when trying to do the right thing).

Attorneys often advise the group drafting the waiver to specify that the parent is waiving their right to sue for negligence. That's because your reaction is common. Many parents will sign a waiver, but, according to the court, not realize they've waived their right to sue if the soccer club or field did something the wrong way (i.e., negligently). Not sure what parents think they're waiving in that case, but people don't always put 2 and 2 together. The court will rule that the waiver was ineffective because there was inadequate information or notice about the rights they were waiving. That's why they specify negligence here. It's also because "reasonable care" is so uncertain with a new virus where transmission methods are unclear that there is a decent chance what seems reasonable care now may seem like negligence in hindsight years later when there is a trial and they don't want to fight about that.
Then don’t sign and have your kid sit out. You are picking apart something that allows your kid to participate in a sport and agree not to blame the club for the risk that there is with every sport. What point are you trying to make with your post?

Then don’t sign and have your kid sit out. You are picking apart something that allows your kid to participate in a sport and agree not to blame the club for the risk that there is with every sport. What point are you trying to make with your post?
@Technician72 asked about the Cal South waivers and the part about negligence and @Ellejustus asked what that meant. I was explaining why it was a standard part of a waiver.

Under Armour marketed a work out mask. It sold out immediately. You can order now and it will take a few weeks to arrive. I ordered and hope they are here next week just to have.
The thing that sucks, once practices start and things look up at least in OC, Clemson, K State and LSU football are shutting down due to outbreaks. If college football can't go will they let youth sports go?

Under Armour marketed a work out mask. It sold out immediately. You can order now and it will take a few weeks to arrive. I ordered and hope they are here next week just to have.
The thing that sucks, once practices start and things look up at least in OC, Clemson, K State and LSU football are shutting down due to outbreaks. If college football can't go will they let youth sports go?
Thank you.

Best I have found is string king. Fogs lenses, but breathes easily if you dont wear glasses.

Interesting haven't read the Cal South stuff since doesn't apply in my players case but the usclub one seemed pretty straight forward I don't remember any negligence verbiage.

I've signed several waivers where I crossed out things and have been rarely questioned so I don't feel it's a take it or leave it type of deal but that's just me. Not one to think about suing anybody, leave that up to insurance companies if needed.

Easy tiger, he just did all of us a favor by breaking down the waiver and telling us what we are signing. Think of it as free legal advice.

Easy tiger, he just did all of us a favor by breaking down the waiver and telling us what we are signing. Think of it as free legal advice.
Be careful who you believe on these forums, I wouldn’t take “free legal advice” from someone who I am pretty sure is not a lawyer.

Under armour sports mask we have a couple of the XL's. The inside is poly so kind of a like a wetsuit on your face. These are non medical and do not protect vs a virus anymore than most cloth masks.

I've been wearing neck gAiters for yrs while biking or certain high pollen situations so wanted to give these a try since I exercise outdoors and sometimes with a small training group. In the cooler temps ok but not sure if I was running 9 miles in the heat I could handle it.

Son didn't really want to bother with them but he tried it out one night during some shooting drills,. Didn't like it at all but they fit at least I would image he would take down if nobody was close and i don't think these are practical for kids running around for 40-5 minute half's.

Interesting haven't read the Cal South stuff since doesn't apply in my players case but the usclub one seemed pretty straight forward I don't remember any negligence verbiage.

I've signed several waivers where I crossed out things and have been rarely questioned so I don't feel it's a take it or leave it type of deal but that's just me. Not one to think about suing anybody, leave that up to insurance companies if needed.
I would imagine that no one questions what you cross out as it has no legal bearing. An attorney can chime in as to the legal bearing, but my experience with contracts & waivers has been that someone crossing something out does not eliminate that part of the waiver or change the contract. Cross out all you want if it makes you feel better, but I don't expect it to matter should something arise related to the waiver. The electronic signature is taking away the option to cross out verbiage all together. It will be interesting.

I would imagine that no one questions what you cross out as it has no legal bearing. An attorney can chime in as to the legal bearing, but my experience with contracts & waivers has been that someone crossing something out does not eliminate that part of the waiver or change the contract. Cross out all you want if it makes you feel better, but I don't expect it to matter should something arise related to the waiver. The electronic signature is taking away the option to cross out verbiage all together. It will be interesting.

Ok if you say so, I've had lawyers, real estate, medical, and other people striking things out of many different documents including waivers so I'm assuming they don't do so to make themselves feel better but I'm no lawyer either.

Back