What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

gkmom

SILVER
I know nobody knows for sure, but what's your guess as to when clubs will resume on field training?

I can see mid June with very big restrictions. In a few other states it barely looks like soccer. 10 feet social distancing, coaches in masks, can't share pennies, no scrimmage, etc. So only technical work with spacing basically.

I think another important factor is will school/cities rent fields out when soccer is allowed back. Yes, they need money but won't risk anything happening on their fields. Will probably re-do the waiver forms for each club I'd imagine.

I can see mid June with very big restrictions. In a few other states it barely looks like soccer. 10 feet social distancing, coaches in masks, can't share pennies, no scrimmage, etc. So only technical work with spacing basically.

I think another important factor is will school/cities rent fields out when soccer is allowed back. Yes, they need money but won't risk anything happening on their fields. Will probably re-do the waiver forms for each club I'd imagine.

My son's club has mentioned phasing in exactly what you described, however with no date. Will this need a green light from the government? I don't see that happening soon in CA

June 15 is the absolute earliest in California but it's going to be with some caveats at first. No parents on the field, no large cattle call tryouts, single teams (and maybe pods) at a time, coaches wearing masks.

It may depend in part on where practices are held -- I could imagine public school districts, for example, not allowing use of their fields quite as early as some of the dates posted above.

Utah is starting to allow training again, obviously with modifications.

Basically you can't do tryouts for 11 v 11 or 9 v 9 (since it would put you over the limit of 20 players on the field....only by invitation maybe 1 or 2 kids at a time), no scrimmages/no tackling/no contact, no parents on the field.

Don't know as a practical matter how the shooting thing is suppose to work. No goalkeeper on an empty net? Or if GK, to maintain social distancing, only shooting from the top of the box (guess the old shoot up the keeper thing for a warm up is now standard policy)? The crossing thing is even more complicated.

The masks while not training for kids is even more funny. I can't see any of them wearing it. While fine in the ideal, I wonder how many teams are actually going to adhere to these limitations. And how are you going to control the kids from socializing. Unworkable and will break down quickly.

Basically you can't do tryouts for 11 v 11 or 9 v 9 (since it would put you over the limit of 20 players on the field....only by invitation maybe 1 or 2 kids at a time), no scrimmages/no tackling/no contact, no parents on the field.

Don't know as a practical matter how the shooting thing is suppose to work. No goalkeeper on an empty net? Or if GK, to maintain social distancing, only shooting from the top of the box (guess the old shoot up the keeper thing for a warm up is now standard policy)? The crossing thing is even more complicated.

The masks while not training for kids is even more funny. I can't see any of them wearing it. While fine in the ideal, I wonder how many teams are actually going to adhere to these limitations. And how are you going to control the kids from socializing. Unworkable and will break down quickly.

One additional note I missed my first time through. The no carpool policy. If work resumes, that effectively makes attendance at some practices impossible for some players, particularly working class players.

I think we will have training sessions, but there will be many false starts if we try to have games. Let's say in a league of 12 teams, Team #1 plays Team #2 in week 1, then in week 2, Team #1 plays #3, and Team #2 plays #4. What happens if two days later a kid or parent from Team #1 tested positive? We now have to isolate four teams and possibly cancel four of the six matches the week after.

Bundesliga is trying to re-start on May 15, but already they had to send an entire team into quarantine after players tested positive. Youth leagues obviously won't be able to provide testings like the pro leagues, so that makes it even more challenging.

At this point my kids will happily take small-group, in-person training with social distancing. Zoom-based training is getting pretty boring.

I think we will have training sessions, but there will be many false starts if we try to have games. Let's say in a league of 12 teams, Team #1 plays Team #2 in week 1, then in week 2, Team #1 plays #3, and Team #2 plays #4. What happens if two days later a kid or parent from Team #1 tested positive? We now have to isolate four teams and possibly cancel four of the six matches the week after.

Bundesliga is trying to re-start on May 15, but already they had to send an entire team into quarantine after players tested positive. Youth leagues obviously won't be able to provide testings like the pro leagues, so that makes it even more challenging.

At this point my kids will happily take small-group, in-person training with social distancing. Zoom-based training is getting pretty boring.
It was a Bundesliga 2 team that had to quarantine.

The CCAA Men's conference D2 soccer cancelled their Fall Season . Conference includes Cal Poly Pomona , ,CSULA , Dominguez Chico St and so on.

Florida and some of the other state might have some soft openings for sports in June.

For SoCal youth sports almost sure summer tournaments like Surf won't happen and aug-sept might be the time frame when facilities open back, Cal south can sanction, issue cards, provide insurance, etc but it's all fluid and depends on the state, counties, and cities.

Back