Surf Cup's Fate

“We have reached a point where COVID-19 is so widespread in California that just leaving the house is a risky behavior, which is why we adopted the regional stay-at-home order,” Dr. Mark Ghaly, secretary of the California Health and Human Services Agency said in an e-mail. “This is not about which sector is riskier than another sector, it’s about that fact that any mixing among households presents a risk of disease transmission.”

Stay home all winter and avoid the risky behavior of leaving one's house. How can I work? I just need food, water and shelter. Please have Amazon and door dash bring me my stuff. Grub up can bring me my tasty food. The future looks so nice for all of us. Oh Joy, what wonderful leaders we have.

Roughly 46% of the 306k tests run yesterday in the State of CA where dine in LA Co alone.

IMO, the cold air theory coincides with people staying indoors (avoiding the cold). In LA everything outdoors has been pretty much shut down forcing everyone to do things inside.
The problem with restrictions is that you don't know what other activities will replace those that are restricted. When you start restricting low-risk behaviors (outside dining, outdoor sports) those behaviors will be replaced with something else and it won't always be lower risk.

On a separate note, our park was full of soccer and lacrosse players last night around 8:00 PM when we drove past. Our club isn't even allowed to train in the county (Santa Clara). I'm really not sure what is being accomplished.

The problem with restrictions is that you don't know what other activities will replace those that are restricted. When you start restricting low-risk behaviors (outside dining, outdoor sports) those behaviors will be replaced with something else and it won't always be lower risk.

On a separate note, our park was full of soccer and lacrosse players last night around 8:00 PM when we drove past. Our club isn't even allowed to train in the county (Santa Clara). I'm really not sure what is being accomplished.
100%.....

From Hotel man,
“It’s very challenging for businesses to do litmus tests on a guest’s essentialness, or how far they’ve traveled,” he said. “It’s a little all over the place. I don’t think there’s any consistent understanding among the 50 some counties in California.

“If you walk into a hotel, and say ‘I’m essential.’ Is that hotel going to say ‘no’? Each hotel has their different protocols.”

Crush Example

Hotel Desk Lady: What county you from

Dad with soccer player: OC baby

Hotel Desk Lady: OH are you.........

Dad with soccer player interrupts lady: Were both essential people and we feel it's essential to be here

Hotel Lady: Cool with us. Welcome. We will upgrade you to any room you want. No one is here and you might as well enjoy it all. The pool is all yours. Enjoy your stay and play with us again :)

I'm really not sure what is being accomplished.
Nothing. Actually I take that back. Ruining the lives of people who have built businesses and those that work in those places that have been shut down.

People are social creatures. If they don't allow X to be open, we will go to Y. Y may be hanging out more at friends houses, etc.

Nothing. Actually I take that back. Ruining the lives of people who have built businesses and those that work in those places that have been shut down.

People are social creatures. If they don't allow X to be open, we will go to Y. Y may be hanging out more at friends houses, etc.
I mostly agree but also want to mention a large majority of the population has complied to mask and distancing requirements. So much compliance that the flu has nearly been eradicated. Yet our officials and governor continue to try and place blame on the people for the viruses spread. All while evidence shows waves of cases come and go in states with and without strict mandates. The only difference is what you pointed out that California had ruined a large part of its economy and mental health of their population, especially the children with school and sports closures. The people have done their part. The governor and his health authorities have failed.

If we all are doing our part, why is cell phone mobility only down 40%?

I understand the temptation to say "nothing works". After all, if nothing works, then we can get rid of all these annoying restrictions.

But there is a reason Riverside and San Bernardino each had over 2500 cases per million population, while every Bay Area county was at 1000 or less.

It isn't seasonality- RC and SB have more daylight and less cold than we do.
It isn't density- RC and SB are less dense than the bay area.
It isn't seroprevalence- RC and SB have more built up immunity than we do.

I suspect it is behavior. Socal may just have more people holding small indoor gatherings. Which is part of why Grace hates the thought of fines for dinner parties, but I don't mind it. Its hard to imagine the police breaking up your party if you have forgotten what it is like to be at a party.

Which is part of why Grace hates the thought of fines for dinner parties, but I don't mind it. Its hard to imagine the police breaking up your party if you have forgotten what it is like to be at a party.

It's easy for the cops to catch a rave in the hollywood hills if they wanted to. It's much harder to catch a dinner party. You either have to shut down all transit and keep people out only for essential activities (the freeways are packed now in Los Angeles in the afternoon) which means shutting down the retailers and box stores and hollywood productions (doing that also allows you to constitutionally shut down indoor worship), or you have to police going door to door without a warrant. The police couldn't even shut down the dangy bros having their kegger next to my house.

You logic always leads you to Australia/New Zealand, whether you'll admit or not.

I understand the temptation to say "nothing works". After all, if nothing works, then we can get rid of all these annoying restrictions.

But there is a reason Riverside and San Bernardino each had over 2500 cases per million population, while every Bay Area county was at 1000 or less.

I suspect it is behavior. Socal may just have more people holding small indoor gatherings. Which is part of why Grace hates the thought of fines for dinner parties, but I don't mind it. Its hard to imagine the police breaking up your party if you have forgotten what it is like to be at a party.
Or it could be more people are screwing in those counties than up north. Just a theory I'm testing. Give it a try. It might be the fix.

Roughly 46% of the 306k tests run yesterday in the State of CA where dine in LA Co alone.

IMO, the cold air theory coincides with people staying indoors (avoiding the cold). In LA everything outdoors has been pretty much shut down forcing everyone to do things inside.

It’s simple. We have great weather and we are not used to doing the quarantine thing like other states. People from Cold area states don’t go out in the winter. Also in LA you have a lot of low income Latino families that cannot quarantine because they have to work every day. They work in hospitals, retailers, warehouses, and grocery stores. They live with 2 generations of families and there’s no financial emergency fund to quarantine for so long.

Weather is amazing today. I recommend everyone taking a look at the moon the next 4 nights and all the planets. 2021 will be for WOMAN!!!!
December 21st will be amazing light show.

Or it could be more people are screwing in those counties than up north. Just a theory I'm testing. Give it a try. It might be the fix.
Crush DM’ed me and said it’s because NorCal has a large population of predominantly boring, socially inept, tech people that are Howard Hughes’s in training therefore they naturally social distance and actually prefer it that way. Ok, Crush didn’t actually DM that to me, but he probably thought it.

Crush DM’ed me and said it’s because NorCal has a large population of predominantly boring, socially inept, tech people that are Howard Hughes’s in training therefore they naturally social distance and actually prefer it that way. Ok, Crush didn’t actually DM that to me, but he probably thought it.
It's hard to catch covid when you program 84 hours a week and play first person shooters the other 84.

It's easy for the cops to catch a rave in the hollywood hills if they wanted to. It's much harder to catch a dinner party. You either have to shut down all transit and keep people out only for essential activities (the freeways are packed now in Los Angeles in the afternoon) which means shutting down the retailers and box stores and hollywood productions (doing that also allows you to constitutionally shut down indoor worship), or you have to police going door to door without a warrant. The police couldn't even shut down the dangy bros having their kegger next to my house.

You logic always leads you to Australia/New Zealand, whether you'll admit or not.
I think my point is that your neighbors apparently would not think of cancelling their kegger, even with a police visit.

If that's the norm, no wonder closing restaurants wasn't enough.

Lol! He might be right.

If you think about it, to control the socialization aspect of things you'd have to tell anyone who isn't married or living together (but including anyone having an affair), that they can't screw for a 1+ years. Short of shutting down the highways and permitting only supermarkets, pharmacies and medical visits, I don't know how you do it. Even Fergueson, the architect of the lockdowns himself, couldn't do it for a few weeks during the first round of lockdowns.

If you think about it, to control the socialization aspect of things you'd have to tell anyone who isn't married or living together (but including anyone having an affair), that they can't screw for a 1+ years. Short of shutting down the highways and permitting only supermarkets, pharmacies and medical visits, I don't know how you do it. Even Fergueson, the architect of the lockdowns himself, couldn't do it for a few weeks during the first round of lockdowns.
Let's not give the state government any ideas on this subject. ;)

Lol! He might be right.
Look, here's the truth about me. I snuck in this Matix by luck and some love. I come from deep Scottish Highlander Ancestry ((SHA!!!!)). My peoples land was stolen from them. We were raped and left to die. However, we snuck over to the Carolinas and made a life for ourselves. The other Scots hooked up with the Imperialist.

Poverty rate for SB County is 17% and RC County is 15%. Bay area is 8% to 10%. Where you have higher poverty you have more people living in small quarters together.

Back