Surf Cup's Fate

You think we should keep indoor dining open?

Ok. What's your plan for ICU bed staffing? 'Cause you'll need it for the case spike that will follow.

And how should we help non restaurant small businesses when the case spike kills their foot traffic?
Nope but the restaurants back up plan, outdoor dining should absolutely be open.

How about this, what's your plan for providing income to shuttered businesses? For paying their mortgages? For feeding their families?

Ok. What's your plan for more room at homeless shelters? Cause you'll need it when the business owners lose everything.

Indoor dining has been closed in Los Angeles from the beginning. Hasn't stopped anything.
One factor among many.

As Jim notes, if everyone just has a dinner party because the restaurant is closed, it doesn't help much.

LA may be close to done. You're at 5.9% confirmed. Some states went into decline at 6.5%.

Out would not surprise me at all if LA has a big Christmas spike, but declines quickly in January.

Nope but the restaurants back up plan, outdoor dining should absolutely be open.

How about this, what's your plan for providing income to shuttered businesses? For paying their mortgages? For feeding their families?

Ok. What's your plan for more room at homeless shelters? Cause you'll need it when the business owners lose everything.
I only object to indoor dining. Outdoor dining is a completely different question. Especially if there is a breeze.

Given Jim's point about indoor dining at private homes, opening outdoor dining may even reduce overall cases. This assumes that patio dining replaces dinner parties.

I only object to indoor dining. Outdoor dining is a completely different question. Especially if there is a breeze.

Given Jim's point about indoor dining at private homes, opening outdoor dining may even reduce overall cases. This assumes that patio dining replaces dinner parties.
Not at all what you said. You said to get a back up plan, well the state shut down their back up plan so now what?

Not at all what you said. You said to get a back up plan, well the state shut down their back up plan so now what?
Not here to defend everything Newsom does any more than you are here to defend everything Trump does.

If you want to talk paycheck replacement for waiters, that's a real discussion.

If you want to ask that we infect more people so that hound can make a buck, you're crazy.

Not here to defend everything Newsom does any more than you are here to defend everything Trump does.

If you want to talk paycheck replacement for waiters, that's a real discussion.

If you want to ask that we infect more people so that hound can make a buck, you're crazy.

Not sure if you're deflecting what you wrote on purpose or just dont even realize what you wrote but I cant anymore. It would just be talking in circles.

Not sure if you're deflecting what you wrote on purpose or just dont even realize what you wrote but I cant anymore. It would just be talking in circles.
What I've said is perfectly clear. We should close the things that significantly spread the disease. I don't understand why this is a radical thought, but it clearly is.

What I've said is perfectly clear. We should close the things that significantly spread the disease. I don't understand why this is a radical thought, but it clearly is.
Hold up, you stated businesses needed a back up plan, the state shut down their back up plan without regard to their livelihoods and now its I'm defending Trump whom I've never mentioned on this forum or didnt even vote for FYI. You politicized just like Newsom. Nobody including myself mentioned indoor dining should be open. Sure, perfectly clear.

Hold up, you stated businesses needed a back up plan, the state shut down their back up plan without regard to their livelihoods and now its I'm defending Trump whom I've never mentioned on this forum or didnt even vote for FYI. You politicized just like Newsom. Nobody including myself mentioned indoor dining should be open. Sure, perfectly clear.
Not nobody. Hound has been advocating indoor dining since May. Still is. Arizona for him, not LA. They’ve had a lot of indoor dining open, and have had very high case rates as a result.

Yeah, they are super responsible, selfless individuals which can always be relied upon to do the right thing for the greater good.
For the record, I am pretty sure we have all broken a rule or two over the past 8 months of covid restrictions. I know I broke it 20 times playing some type of soccer this year.

For the record, I am pretty sure we have all broken a rule or two over the past 8 months of covid restrictions. I know I broke it 20 times playing some type of soccer this year.
Yeah, there stretching the rules and then there's driving your, say, 11 year old GOAT 6+ hours to a state that is seeing record cases, record daily deaths and record hospitalizations. Clearly those 3 days of soccer will make or break that 11 year olds prospects for the future. Fortunately, you, as the adult in the room, know that this tournament and your GOATs participation will ensure that they stay ahead of the pack. You'll know that this decision, that you made, will be the final nail that ensured they became the player you dream nightly that they will be.

Yeah, there stretching the rules and then there's driving your, say, 11 year old GOAT 6+ hours to a state that is seeing record cases, record daily deaths and record hospitalizations. Clearly those 3 days of soccer will make or break that 11 year olds prospects for the future. Fortunately, you, as the adult in the room, know that this tournament and your GOATs participation will ensure that they stay ahead of the pack. You'll know that this decision, that you made, will be the final nail that ensured they became the player you dream nightly that they will be.

True. Our family has strict rules: no hotels, no vacations, no indoor dining, and minimal trips to box stores or markets. We learned our lesson on thanksgiving gatherings ( 3 covid cases and 1 scare with my son). Outdoor activities is open game every day. Futsal is open game every week.

would it be more palatable for you if they flew 45 minutes instead?

Apple just closed all CA stores 5 days before Christmas.

Online still open. But I don’t think they’d give up on that much revenue if they thought it was overblown.

Back