Surf Cup Scandal: Dallas Texans (PST) Salazar colludes with TFA

Bottom line: no one is really contesting the fact that TFA and Texans colluded to fix a match.

Screen shots are in the originally linked article - did you not bother to read it?

You are right, there IS a video of the game. And it will come out.

The Surf CEO does not have any kids in the club - why lie?

And you cannot link ONE TFA match in which TFA managed to not attempt a shot on goal.

This game was shameful, and the attempted coverup by TFA parents to whitewash their poor decisions is even more shameful. You went along with a corrupt scheme. You got caught. Just take your lumps and teach your kids to do better next time. 10 year olds. What a joke.
Bottom line? you got your feelings hurt because your team did not advance to make it out of the weakest group. That bottom line ?

produce evidence, facts, real information incriminating TFA parents or coach.
There isn’t any.

email TFA, I’m sure they will oblige.

At least we agree the Surf “staffer” is SurfCup Sports CEO... same one that harassed, threatened and illegally recorded minors.

what’s your thoughts on this? Isn’t this shameful?
Unethical? I’m sure it’s not to you. Would really like to hear your take on this real issue.

no coverup, no shame, no guilt because there isn’t wrong with playing and tying 0-0. Move on.

Your a coward, called out a coach but yet you hide behind a computer screen trying to shame club and coach. I’m sure your coach or Director are really happy to have cancer parents on the team.

Welcome to the forum. Sic what some do to get a trophy.
Coach Caparelli is a "ME< ME< and ME! guy. All he cares is about winning and with high scores. He is guilty of this fixing game, Heaven knows how long he has been doing this. His team's parents are equality guilty or they just lack morals, which seems to be the case. I heard they were congratulating Caparelli for the great work he has been doing and in such a short time. One of the team's mother told everybody to keep quiet about all these because it would only hurt the coach and the kids, the kids? give me a brake! the coach and these parents just introduced these 10 year olds to cheat at all costs to win a medal. These two coaches should be kicked off for life coaching young kids. Caparelli is so bad that if a boy ,remember only 10 cries he tells him/them, MEN DON'T CRY. Is that a way to treat these young kids. If Paul Walker has any... he gets rid of this guy or is Paul Walker one of those cheaters? These coaches should refund parents from all the expenses they had to get there for 3 days. CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER!!!!!!

The two coaches should not be allowed to coach young kids ever again. Whoever owns these teams should get rid of each one and now. Ten year olds should not be associated with WIN AT ALL COSTS coaches. And the parents who went along with it, remember your kid to become a pro will face lots of competition so he must learn about losing, too. Paul Walker have you fired Caparelli for this LOW ACT of having the kids fix a game. Incase you don't know Caparelli told the kids about it and 2 of them said it was NOT RIGHT, but he went along. Two minutes before the game he told the parents about it so some of them didn't have much time to object, but then again there were parents who agreed with him a 100%. Soccer for kids like these is to enjoy and have fun and not to make a coach look like he is the next national coach.

I can confirm this is 100% true. It was raised to Surf Cup staff prior to the finals, but they elected to not punish the kids and let them play the final. TFA coach denied everything. TFA DoC backed him up. Never change, TFA.
The kids were allowed to play the final, but no medals were given. There was no champion! There's a video you should try to get hold of where the tournament people got on the coaches. These two coaches and most of the parents have no morals!

Can't agree more. While this is certainly stooopid, it's no surprise that adults are behaving this way. The more reason U10s should be playing sand lot soccer, developing foot skills, having fun ,etc. Hey 10 yr old, don't score.

This made my day...ha..
And these two coaches can't even cheat right. They should had allowed a few goals or even having their defenders play on top and the forwards on the back. But cheaters never prosper!!!!!! Why haven't anybody gone to the media?

I was confused so I looked up on Google :) This is a good kind of nosey imo. If the slander is wrong, then they can be sued. If I'm driving my 10 year old from CA to AZ to play the best, then I want the best to play their best. Agreeing to tie is discusting where I come from. This is best of the best tournament, not best who can fix a tie as to fix the finals. Pure lameness. I like you Happy but this one sucks, if true. If not true and we find out someone is lying and making up a nosey story for the hell of it then they should be in trouble with that nosey lie.

"Can't/couldn't agree more" (not "any more") is an English idiomatic turn of phrase that means "agreeing fully." Think of yourself agreeing 100% already, so it's impossible to agree even more than that -- couldn't agree more.
No lie, the organizers got on the two coaches before the final was played just to not dissapoint the kids. The game did not count. No medals given.

TFA (and Texans) parents all had a choice, when the coaches proposed to fix the match. They could go along with a corrupt plan because their fear of repercussions from the coach, or they could take a stand on their principles and teach their sons a lesson he would take with him for the rest of his life. Cheating is wrong.

I feel badly for the kids. They didn't fully grasp that what they were doing was wrong, but the coach did. The parents did. Shameful.

Neither coach will ever coach a team at any Surf Cup event again.
Neither coach should ever associate with young kids!

You are obviously a TFA parent.

If a coach sent texts and teamsnaps to the team telling them they would arrange the bracket to be easy, parents would complain...almost no one who plays COMPETITIVE soccer wants that. Take you kid to AYSO with that garbage.

Your complaint about bracketing is null because there were no complicit coaches or parents who planned it. The difference is you knew and chose to be blind or a hypocrite calling yourself a competitive team.

So yeah, it makes sense that people judge your teams for having no morals, you proved it! Oh wait never mind, I just remembered you walk around with your shirts tucked in....amazing values!

The good news is you begged Dallas to have mercy on you in the group stage so you can get your butt whooping in the finals. Little Panfilo got to get his losing medal from competitive soccer. You really wanted that silver SURF medal...badly. Little Panfilo will definitely go pro with this new confidence of cheating to get second place.

BTW welcome to the B team.
Indeed! TFA parents (most of them) are always making the coach's head get bigger so their kid always play.

It looks like the post on nxt.soccer has been taken down. Someone either came to their senses or were compelled to come to their senses.

Could you imagine if Surf had disqualified one or both of the teams, the furor that would cause by putting Surf into the semi-finals. We have enough Surf axe grinding threads as it is.
They were allowed to play the final for the kids sake, but no medals were given.

I'm laughing to myself thinking just how dumb these coaches were to agree to 0-0. I doubt this conversation even happens if they were smart enough to finish 2-2 or 3-3.

0-0 is easy. Skilled players can even make it look unintentional with hard shots that just miss, but that might be hard to pull off with `0-year-olds. Fixing a tie at any other score means that someone is ahead at some point and risks missing the targeted outcome.

Surf Cup staff learned of the situation the night before the finals, a few hours after the semifinal match. And then received independent confirmation from Dallas Texans parents who reached out a few hours before the final. The coaches were confronted prior to the match, and both lied about it. I'm not privy to exactly what was said to the coaches, but Surf Cup decided to let the match go on and ban the coaches from all future Surf Cup Sports competitions.
No medals were given. Game played just because the kids.

Who cares. This Is all silly and lame. Why would you care personally what cal south does? In my opinion all parties involved have learned their lesson. Surf won’t allow these coaches into their tournament, therefore diluting top teams from going to their tournaments and surf will continue to make their brackets easy for their teams to win. Unless you personally have a grudge against a coach getting their license let it be. That coach just won’t go to that rigged tournament anymore. BTW LAUFA is the best 2010 team prove me wrong.
It looks like you are one of those parents who lack morals!

Bottom line? you got your feelings hurt because your team did not advance to make it out of the weakest group. That bottom line ?

produce evidence, facts, real information incriminating TFA parents or coach.
There isn’t any.

email TFA, I’m sure they will oblige.

At least we agree the Surf “staffer” is SurfCup Sports CEO... same one that harassed, threatened and illegally recorded minors.

what’s your thoughts on this? Isn’t this shameful?
Unethical? I’m sure it’s not to you. Would really like to hear your take on this real issue.

no coverup, no shame, no guilt because there isn’t wrong with playing and tying 0-0. Move on.

Your a coward, called out a coach but yet you hide behind a computer screen trying to shame club and coach. I’m sure your coach or Director are really happy to have cancer parents on the team.
You have serious problems! The TFA coach told his players and two of them objected to it, that it wasn't fair. There's your evidence! If those two kids are still on the team they may not admit it being afraid the coach will take it on them. The kids were told not to score at all.

View attachment 9848

During the 2020 Surf Cup, we often see some of the best teams in the nation competing on the pitch. Most of these are teams playing at the top level in their respective local areas, and do so with integrity and respect for all involved. Here in NTX, Kevin Salazar's PST/Dallas Texans youth teams are certainly considered among the best. Kevin, and his braggadocious persona, is both well known and respected for his team's success against both local and national competition. They've been featured multiple times on Univision for their success, and the legacy of travel tournament success is unrivaled locally. His teams are incredibly successful, often dominating the competition enroute to hoisting multiple trophies at each tournament. Nobody can deny this success. However, several sources reached out to us directly, during the final days of 2020, concerning what took place between Salazar's Dallas Texans 2010 boys and Total Futbol Academy (TFA).

5ff0b7def357d.png

So the morning of the game, Kevin notified his team parents via TeamSnap that they would throw the game. Instructed them that they would not score any goals against TFA. PST/Texans and TFA both conspired to "not score any goals" so that both would advance, thus eliminating SanDiego Surf Academy. Basically fixing 10 year old soccer at a national tournament. Our next steps were to confirm the tournament results and the scenario. So we went and looked at the Surf Cup results for the team:

5ff0bc9a0ad99.png

There it is, the nill draw with TFA, which helps both advance and eventually meet up again in the final. The draw removes the risk of losing in the group stage for both. They know that they are likely stronger than teams from the other brackets, so the coaches basically made a side deal like "Hey lets save it for the final and whoever loses stillgets massive GotSoccer points for being a finalist at Surf Cup"...

Over the next few days, our team worked to peice together more evidence to confirm, and I reached out to the initial source for an "in-person" meeting. (We can't just take people's word for it, especially when they are hiding their identity). The source and I met in person, and I was shown screenshots and text messages from parents on the team confirming that it happened, and the aftermath of several parents being upset. The ultimate tragedy is that those 10 year old boys were asked to be complicit and "NOT SCORE". I think that they are also victims here, as their innocence sacrificed by those coaches. There will be a follow-up to this one, as even more information is forthcoming. Stay tuned... Happy New Year!
Kick them off for life. They should not work with young kids. Winning is not everything, cheating is another and when you are found cheating everybody says, NO WONDER THEY WON ALL THE TIME!

why would Cal South allow Caparelli to obtain He’s D license he shouldn’t be allowed. Should be allowed to corrupt young mind. Let see what Cal South does .....
Someone wrote
“produce evidence, facts, real information incriminating TFA parents or coach.
There isn’t any.
email TFA, I’m sure they will oblige.”

your funny individual .... TFA won’t admit to anything... if you really think they will hand over evidence produce on the Band app (they use Band not TeamSnap) you really think the owner P.W will allow any of this evidence out ??? Parents know that if they piss him off their child will eventually fee the wrath. He probably already warn them if they say anything they would be kick out with no refund!!!

TFA does a lot things outside the books to WIN at all cost and when paretns want to speak up/ leave they suffer the consequences. Their motto “ITS THE TFA WAY”
Why do you think a lot 2010 players left to LAUFA. Before that they lost their best Coach who is where LAUFA

Someone also mention players didn’t receive medals ect may be wrong on their Instagram page it look like they did. When you teach a player to be part something this low it’s just wrong. Am glad to hear some kids say that not fair , I hope those parte a speak up and put that club on the spotlight

I played in Surf Cup as a kid same old story of schedule manipulation the last 30 years to make sure Surf teams have an easy path to the finals. It looks like these coaches were finally sick of it. It’s probably about time that someone runs a competing tournament that is not run by a club playing in the tournament. Is it the “Best of the Best” if the schedules are rigged in one clubs favor? I know every host club does the same but Surf doesn’t even try and hide it.

Back