Surf Cup Scandal: Dallas Texans (PST) Salazar colludes with TFA

1609638365477.png

During the 2020 Surf Cup, we often see some of the best teams in the nation competing on the pitch. Most of these are teams playing at the top level in their respective local areas, and do so with integrity and respect for all involved. Here in NTX, Kevin Salazar's PST/Dallas Texans youth teams are certainly considered among the best. Kevin, and his braggadocious persona, is both well known and respected for his team's success against both local and national competition. They've been featured multiple times on Univision for their success, and the legacy of travel tournament success is unrivaled locally. His teams are incredibly successful, often dominating the competition enroute to hoisting multiple trophies at each tournament. Nobody can deny this success. However, several sources reached out to us directly, during the final days of 2020, concerning what took place between Salazar's Dallas Texans 2010 boys and Total Futbol Academy (TFA).

5ff0b7def357d.png

So the morning of the game, Kevin notified his team parents via TeamSnap that they would throw the game. Instructed them that they would not score any goals against TFA. PST/Texans and TFA both conspired to "not score any goals" so that both would advance, thus eliminating SanDiego Surf Academy. Basically fixing 10 year old soccer at a national tournament. Our next steps were to confirm the tournament results and the scenario. So we went and looked at the Surf Cup results for the team:

5ff0bc9a0ad99.png

There it is, the nill draw with TFA, which helps both advance and eventually meet up again in the final. The draw removes the risk of losing in the group stage for both. They know that they are likely stronger than teams from the other brackets, so the coaches basically made a side deal like "Hey lets save it for the final and whoever loses stillgets massive GotSoccer points for being a finalist at Surf Cup"...

Over the next few days, our team worked to peice together more evidence to confirm, and I reached out to the initial source for an "in-person" meeting. (We can't just take people's word for it, especially when they are hiding their identity). The source and I met in person, and I was shown screenshots and text messages from parents on the team confirming that it happened, and the aftermath of several parents being upset. The ultimate tragedy is that those 10 year old boys were asked to be complicit and "NOT SCORE". I think that they are also victims here, as their innocence sacrificed by those coaches. There will be a follow-up to this one, as even more information is forthcoming. Stay tuned... Happy New Year!

View attachment 9848

During the 2020 Surf Cup, we often see some of the best teams in the nation competing on the pitch. Most of these are teams playing at the top level in their respective local areas, and do so with integrity and respect for all involved. Here in NTX, Kevin Salazar's PST/Dallas Texans youth teams are certainly considered among the best. Kevin, and his braggadocious persona, is both well known and respected for his team's success against both local and national competition. They've been featured multiple times on Univision for their success, and the legacy of travel tournament success is unrivaled locally. His teams are incredibly successful, often dominating the competition enroute to hoisting multiple trophies at each tournament. Nobody can deny this success. However, several sources reached out to us directly, during the final days of 2020, concerning what took place between Salazar's Dallas Texans 2010 boys and Total Futbol Academy (TFA).

5ff0b7def357d.png

So the morning of the game, Kevin notified his team parents via TeamSnap that they would throw the game. Instructed them that they would not score any goals against TFA. PST/Texans and TFA both conspired to "not score any goals" so that both would advance, thus eliminating SanDiego Surf Academy. Basically fixing 10 year old soccer at a national tournament. Our next steps were to confirm the tournament results and the scenario. So we went and looked at the Surf Cup results for the team:

5ff0bc9a0ad99.png

There it is, the nill draw with TFA, which helps both advance and eventually meet up again in the final. The draw removes the risk of losing in the group stage for both. They know that they are likely stronger than teams from the other brackets, so the coaches basically made a side deal like "Hey lets save it for the final and whoever loses stillgets massive GotSoccer points for being a finalist at Surf Cup"...

Over the next few days, our team worked to peice together more evidence to confirm, and I reached out to the initial source for an "in-person" meeting. (We can't just take people's word for it, especially when they are hiding their identity). The source and I met in person, and I was shown screenshots and text messages from parents on the team confirming that it happened, and the aftermath of several parents being upset. The ultimate tragedy is that those 10 year old boys were asked to be complicit and "NOT SCORE". I think that they are also victims here, as their innocence sacrificed by those coaches. There will be a follow-up to this one, as even more information is forthcoming. Stay tuned... Happy New Year!

Dang I was wondering why no final scores where posted.

ban_hammer_stickers-r87d63a2571d94fecae136125a504981c_0ugmp_8byvr_307.jpg

I can confirm this is 100% true. It was raised to Surf Cup staff prior to the finals, but they elected to not punish the kids and let them play the final. TFA coach denied everything. TFA DoC backed him up. Never change, TFA.

Sounds about right. TFA is corrupt as fuck, top to bottom. Multiple teams faking ages, getting teams disbanded from Coast, etc etc etc.
Wow not surprised coming from TFA , it’s their way or the high way. The funny thing is that the coach for the 2010 who colluded is currently taking their cal south licensing !!!! Wonder how that going to go not ....

So just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the final score was?? Seems kinda far fetched that you could rig a game at this age but who knows.

So just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the final score was?? Seems kinda far fetched that you could rig a game at this age but who knows.

Not going to be posted because of the obvious reasons. Scoreless draw with those teams at that age is about as likely as you getting struck by lightning.

The kids are the ones who lose in the end unfortunately two really good teams that now are tainted for no good reason. Puts new meaning to winning at all costs.

The fix was in again? Dam, I thought 2021 was going to be about merit and what you do on the field and not make a deal to tie, yuck!!!! The last man that tried to help me told me my dd needs to "earn it." I hope now he can see how folks earn a trip to da finals.

Clubs lose on purpose to avoid match-ups come State Cup.......dont see whats any different in this scenario.

Until rules change at tournaments to throw out a draw this wont be the last time we see this.

Also not believing that parents didnt speak up. This is now 2021 the year of entitlement. Playing not to win wouldn't look good on mommys Instagram Account.

Well anything is possible, are all the parents on both teams who were notified of the planned cheating without morals too? Every one of them went along with the conspiracy? Seems unbelievable, but I have seen some serious cheating before in youth soccer so nothing surprises me....sad

Clubs lose on purpose to avoid match-ups come State Cup.......dont see whats any different in this scenario.

Until rules change at tournaments to throw out a draw this wont be the last time we see this.

Also not believing that parents didnt speak up. This is now 2021 the year of entitlement. Playing not to win wouldn't look good on mommys Instagram Account.
My dd was on a team where we had to drive almost an hour to play one of the clubs franchises sister team. We tied 0-0 and most starters rested so as to not make the sister team feel bad. Basically, a complete waste of time on a Saturday. As the world changes, let's get rid of fake soccer games.

While I think its super lame for them to have allegedly "fixed" the game, I don't think it warrants publicly shaming the coach by name and photo across the internet without much evidence. Whoever posted it on their hack website obviously has an axe to grind with this coach. I'm sure he and others think they're providing a "public service" to the soccer community, but this has no impact on any of us unless we were the team that missed the playoffs. I don't condone this but its hardly that scandalous, it happens on occasion in some form of the other. Its really no worse than having to run up a score on a team to make the playoffs. Seems like another example of the rise of the Nosey Neighbor.

While I think its super lame for them to have allegedly "fixed" the game, I don't think it warrants publicly shaming the coach by name and photo across the internet without much evidence. Whoever posted it on their hack website obviously has an axe to grind with this coach. I'm sure he and others think they're providing a "public service" to the soccer community, but this has no impact on any of us unless we were the team that missed the playoffs. I don't condone this but its hardly that scandalous, it happens on occasion in some form of the other. Its really no worse than having to run up a score on a team to make the playoffs. Seems like another example of the rise of the Nosey Neighbor.

Huh?

this has no impact on any of us unless we were the team that missed the playoffs.

Respectfully disagree -- if this coach is willing to do this, what other garbage are they going to pull when you go up against them. Abuse of the substitutions rule, fake kids ages, fake club pass players, targeting kids, you immediately become suspicious of every single thing this coach does. Match fixing is probably one of the worst things you can do to your reputation and while I understand parents may feel pressured into not talking about it, they should demand that this coach not be let anywhere near their kids after this.

Can't agree more. While this is certainly stooopid, it's no surprise that adults are behaving this way. The more reason U10s should be playing sand lot soccer, developing foot skills, having fun ,etc. Hey 10 yr old, don't score.

This made my day...ha..

Back