Surf Cup Scandal: Dallas Texans (PST) Salazar colludes with TFA

YOU CANT TAKE THE FACT THAT YOUR 10 YEAR OLD DIDN’T MAKE A FINAL, WHAT ARE YOU SHOWING HIM? What a bunch of crying wuss bags. You tied a game and didn’t make the final. You depended on someone else to make the final. How about teaching YOURSELF how to lose.
It has nothing to do with playing soccer well, or being a good winner or loser.

You kid may well be better than mine at soccer. Ok. Congrats to him or her. Well played.

That's different from throwing a game. And hugely different from teaching 10 year olds to throw a game.

While I think its super lame for them to have allegedly "fixed" the game, I don't think it warrants publicly shaming the coach by name and photo across the internet without much evidence. Whoever posted it on their hack website obviously has an axe to grind with this coach. I'm sure he and others think they're providing a "public service" to the soccer community, but this has no impact on any of us unless we were the team that missed the playoffs. I don't condone this but its hardly that scandalous, it happens on occasion in some form of the other. Its really no worse than having to run up a score on a team to make the playoffs. Seems like another example of the rise of the Nosey Neighbor.
YOU ARE ALL MESSED UP.

Nobody is denying this “cheating” was wrong. It’s obvious they did it to screw Surf. And yes, the coaches should be punished. But for somebody to call for their jobs and livelihood over this, is wrong. The fact that it’s Surf that got screwed blew this up out of proportion. It it was an RSL AZ tournament and thier club got screwed, we wouldn’t find out about it. Surf parents feel entitled, and you were screwed out of a final. Yes, 2 coaches conspired to knock you out of a tournament, but you gave them that chance by tying against a team you had no business tying to. Move on and do better next time. And stop bitching and trying to get people fired.

Nobody is denying this “cheating” was wrong. It’s obvious they did it to screw Surf. And yes, the coaches should be punished. But for somebody to call for their jobs and livelihood over this, is wrong. The fact that it’s Surf that got screwed blew this up out of proportion. It it was an RSL AZ tournament and thier club got screwed, we wouldn’t find out about it. Surf parents feel entitled, and you were screwed out of a final. Yes, 2 coaches conspired to knock you out of a tournament, but you gave them that chance by tying against a team you had no business tying to. Move on and do better next time. And stop bitching and trying to get people fired.
If you really felt that this case of cheating was wrong, you wouldn’t have used quotation marks to say so.

Also, Surf wasn’t cheated out of a final. The top two teams that weekend were TFA and Texans. Look at the match scores. Surf did not belong in the final that weekend.

If you really felt that this case of cheating was wrong, you wouldn’t have used quotation marks to say so.

Also, Surf wasn’t cheated out of a final. The top two teams that weekend were TFA and Texans. Look at the match scores. Surf did not belong in the final that weekend.

Who "belongs" in a final is not determined by parents. It's determined by results of competition on the field. If the Texans and TFA had played for real, like they did in the final, Texans would have advanced with a 2-1 win, and TFA would have been eliminated.

Let me see if I can compile all the flimsy justifications parents have put forth to excuse TFA and Texans' cheating:

1) We don't have enough evidence if we ignore all the eyewitnesses, all the text messages, the kids own admission, all the decent parents testimony, and a complete video of the entire "match" that Salazar refuses to release in full.

2) Match fixing wouldn't be a big deal if the team negatively affected wasn't SD Surf.

3) Teams throw matches all the time in State Cup.

4) Maybe they fixed a match, but why do we have to shame the coaches?

5) Match fixing is justified because I don't like how the tournament set up their brackets.

6) We shouldn't blame the coaches, we should blame the parents who failed to keep their mouths shut about the cheating.

7) The cheating was SD Surf's fault because they tied a group game.

8) 20-something coaches directing 10 year old kids to cheat is no big deal.

9) No one is perfectly moral, so we shouldn't complain about this immoral act.

Did I get them all? Pathetic.

Who "belongs" in a final is not determined by parents. It's determined by results of competition on the field. If the Texans and TFA had played for real, like they did in the final, Texans would have advanced with a 2-1 win, and TFA would have been eliminated.
In this case, who belongs in the final was determined by tournament organizers.

It is true that TFA and Texans cheated through match fixing.

It is also true that Surf cheated through bracket manipulation.

And no, the Surf cheat does not excuse the TFA/Texans cheat.

SD Surf Cheats thru bracket manipulation that is a fact . Did anyones semis games changed this past weekend at the older..

Seventy minutes of soccer played and they released 20 seconds of a kid reflexively taking a half-hearted shot? That's all they have?

Salazar is so worried about his reputation, and also maintaining his innocence - just release the whole video. It would surely exonerate him, right?
I don’t understand why you are so concerned about some other teams issues. Yeah there is drama but your obviously directly affected likely cus your a Surf parent if not then why so much passion and energy to out, shame, name call other teams and other coaches. Let it go! I’m sure the appropriate parties will intervene or the coaches will be reprimanded in someway. Your just so stuck on this thread! And the name calling, really?!!

Let me see if I can compile all the flimsy justifications parents have put forth to excuse TFA and Texans' cheating:

1) We don't have enough evidence if we ignore all the eyewitnesses, all the text messages, the kids own admission, all the decent parents testimony, and a complete video of the entire "match" that Salazar refuses to release in full.

2) Match fixing wouldn't be a big deal if the team negatively affected wasn't SD Surf.

5) Match fixing is justified because I don't like how the tournament set up their brackets.

6) We shouldn't blame the coaches, we should blame the parents who failed to keep their mouths shut about the cheating.

You really have a bone to pick don’t you?? Your so stuck on proving your point! I think you accomplished what you wanted.
From the outside looking in TFA and Dallas coaches made decisions. Surf stacked the bracket in their favor.
Not the first time not the last time. You won! You proved point! Congrats. Now move on.
I will say this cheese site of people bashing each other is hilarious and entertaining. Cheers mate!

Seventy minutes of soccer played and they released 20 seconds of a kid reflexively taking a half-hearted shot? That's all they have?

Salazar is so worried about his reputation, and also maintaining his innocence - just release the whole video. It would surely exonerate him, right?
Great question
And why did they block the surf “staffer”s name and not the sender or recipient
On the email

Great question
And why did they block the surf “staffer”s name and not the sender or recipient
On the email

email has legitimate concerns and your right,

Why only block the name of the “staffer” that happened to be Surf Cup CEO - Brian Enge

can of worms keeps getting more interesting.

What’s really pathetic is that an allegedly U11 fixed game is living rent free in your head. It’s time to let it go. Don’t let this consume you any further. If you keep letting this take a hold of your life, you will eventually need to seek some help. I’m only looking out for your well being. Tomorrow is Sunday, maybe a good day to find Jesus.

Just wondering...what's the feeling in N Texas towards Salazar and the Texans....

Filled with both compassion and contempt. Most there have accepted the true. The match was indeed fixed by these two coaches.

For those still defending the TFA’s coach involvement, perhaps consider this:

The fact that the Texans coach sent a message to his parents prior to the match (which has been confirmed and reported) should be proof enough of collusion. There is no way the Texans coach could predict the behavior of another team and the outcome of a game, without directly colliding with the TFA coach. Collision is the only rational explanation, unless you believe in magic.... only David Blaine could pull this entire thing off without colluding in some way. Let’s remember, this was an elimination game, neither could afford to lose it.

Filled with both compassion and contempt. Most there have accepted the true. The match was indeed fixed by these two coaches.

For those still defending the TFA’s coach involvement, perhaps consider this:

The fact that the Texans coach sent a message to his parents prior to the match (which has been confirmed and reported) should be proof enough of collusion. There is no way the Texans coach could predict the behavior of another team and the outcome of a game, without directly colliding with the TFA coach. Collision is the only rational explanation, unless you believe in magic.... only David Blaine could pull this entire thing off without colluding in some way. Let’s remember, this was an elimination game, neither could afford to lose it.

But is it like this?

Back