New Youth Sports Guidance

When were allowed to play for reals, we will be doing that at practice. Our GK is big time and she also wants to save her fingers for real practices and games. My dd has been known to break GK fingers sometimes......lol!!!! Just kidding, she shanks hers always over the goal post and really sucks as a player. I just come on here to talk smack with all the snowflakes in soccer......lol!!!
You should see my daughter smash it, maybe you will this year.

Nah. You are taking one person's opinion and turning it into a fact. Relax.

Nah games, scrimmages, tournaments are not permitted the guidance is clear, distant training 6' for contact risk sports like soccer at all times, 8' if you're in LA + masks.

Nothing has changed much perhaps when or if the levels change things will be different but to promise parents that sanctioned scrimmages, games, tournaments will all of sudden be played is a pipe dream at this point.

CIF did the right thing and moved soccer to Spring. Train all you want until then and make the most of of but let's not pretend it's anything more than distance training and drills until the guidance is changed.

Parents at some point will not be willing to continually pay the regular club fees for distance training only, will need some reductions.

CIF did the right thing and moved soccer to Spring. Train all you want until then and make the most of of but let's not pretend it's anything more than distance training and drills until the guidance is changed.

Parents at some point will not be willing to continually pay the regular club fees for distance training only, will need some reductions.
Excellent takes. Because of all the stuff going on in SoCal, *EJ, 100% believes we should shut down tournaments for sure and all leagues openings. Let the girls finish this amazing summer of freedom. September we will look at the data and trust and follow the experts directions. Maybe a few scrimmages before Thanksgiving. Much will be better understood by Turkey Day, right? My opinion today is to start the new life, school, sports and youth sports in Jan or Feb 2021 and just let everyone take a break from of this we will have endured. It's only 5 months. However you spin all this, everyone is getting dizzy. We will know so much more by the end of the year. Start ECNL Season at the beginning of 2021 in Socal. The August 1st date was for the school age any who and we dont play by those rules anymore. This is easy to do.

*The opinions of EJ are EJ's only and not the opinions of his goat. Throwback Thursday is upon us all :)

Nah. You are taking one person's opinion and turning it into a fact. Relax.

Everything I've seen so far is totally open ended. They can't turn fall sports on a dime but they can flip the switch to more normalcy anytime they want. This isn't necessarily a death sentence.

CIF already delayed high school sports until December. If anything, the new announcement is progress:

I've said this before.....I don't believe we will have any competitive games this year, but we will have normal training starting soon.

I've said this before.....I don't believe we will have any competitive games this year, but we will have normal training starting soon.
Do you think the main leagues (CSL, SSCDSL) will just delay, delay, delay until they can start? January, February? It wont impact HS as CIF has said it will be ok to play club and HS sports at the same time.

Excellent takes. Because of all the stuff going on in SoCal, *EJ, 100% believes we should shut down tournaments for sure and all leagues openings. Let the girls finish this amazing summer of freedom. September we will look at the data and trust and follow the experts directions. Maybe a few scrimmages before Thanksgiving. Much will be better understood by Turkey Day, right? My opinion today is to start the new life, school, sports and youth sports in Jan or Feb 2021 and just let everyone take a break from of this we will have endured. It's only 5 months. However you spin all this, everyone is getting dizzy. We will know so much more by the end of the year. Start ECNL Season at the beginning of 2021 in Socal. The August 1st date was for the school age any who and we dont play by those rules anymore. This is easy to do.

*The opinions of EJ are EJ's only and not the opinions of his goat. Throwback Thursday is upon us all :)
Throwback Thursday is upon us all :) ......................I found this old photo of my Dad playing soccer with his village friends, He's the one in the center.......They won the Village Cup that year and mysteriously the Trophy was stolen and their statue was beheaded and sent to the chancellor...................Throwback Thursday, anybody else want to post old soccer photos this Thursday while we wait for the restrictions to ease up?Monarchs Atatu FreeburgFC.jpg

Back