So much for the fall season or tournaments:

" Outdoor and indoor sporting events, assemblies, and other activities that
require close contact or that would promote congregating are not permitted
at this time. For example, tournaments, events, or competitions, regardless of
whether teams are from the same school or from different schools, counties, or
states are not permitted at this time.

• Youth sports and physical education are permitted only when the following can
be maintained: (1) physical distancing of at least six feet; and (2) a stable
cohort, such as a class, that limits the risks of transmission (see CDC Guidance
on Schools and Cohorting). Activities should take place outside to the
maximum extent practicable.

• For sports that cannot be conducted with sufficient distancing or cohorting,
only physical conditioning and training is permitted and ONLY where physical
distancing

So much for the fall season or tournaments:

" Outdoor and indoor sporting events, assemblies, and other activities that
require close contact or that would promote congregating are not permitted
at this time. For example, tournaments, events, or competitions, regardless of
whether teams are from the same school or from different schools, counties, or
states are not permitted at this time.

• Youth sports and physical education are permitted only when the following can
be maintained: (1) physical distancing of at least six feet; and (2) a stable
cohort, such as a class, that limits the risks of transmission (see CDC Guidance
on Schools and Cohorting). Activities should take place outside to the
maximum extent practicable.

• For sports that cannot be conducted with sufficient distancing or cohorting,
only physical conditioning and training is permitted and ONLY where physical
distancing
Except it does not say this is valid for the entire fall. They could change their guidelines in 2 weeks or a month from now. Talk about a pessimistic approach.

Are adult team sports allowed?
Adult, amateur (non-professional) team sports are not permitted at this time. The state plans to issue guidance for amateur, adult team sports soon.

I would say these guidelines are a step in the right direction. Much better than prohibiting any sports trainI gotta regardless of distance. The state has to hit these steps before moving to less restrictive rules.

The guidance is at:

Good news is some more facilities, counties, cities should permit distant training now, more things can open outdoors.

A start but still need a bridge to competition, ways to move beyond phase 1 to play, scrimmage, tournaments, contact play. At the pace the govt moves, just to get this interim document seemed like forever so I don't know will have to see?

Except it does not say this is valid for the entire fall. They could change their guidelines in 2 weeks or a month from now. Talk about a pessimistic approach.

The fact that it doesn't include a sliding scale is actually bad news. It means counties in the far north of the state with low case counts are being treated the same way as southern counties with falling case counts or northern counties with rising case counts. If they were going to allow competition at all this fall, they would have put in place a sliding scale that allowed the far northern counties to play. The fact they are treating the entire state the same is a bad sign.

Further, they've been working on these guidelines for over a month. It would take a very long time to put in place revisions, and then gear up for the season or tournaments. Once these limitations are in place, it makes it really hard to open up because the public health authorities will be blamed for any incidents resulting from the loosing of standards.

Finally, there's the issue of public schools being closed making it difficult to justify contact sports.

I just don't see competitions or tournaments happening any time soon.

The fact that it doesn't include a sliding scale is actually bad news. It means counties in the far north of the state with low case counts are being treated the same way as southern counties with falling case counts or northern counties with rising case counts. If they were going to allow competition at all this fall, they would have put in place a sliding scale that allowed the far northern counties to play. The fact they are treating the entire state the same is a bad sign.

Further, they've been working on these guidelines for over a month. It would take a very long time to put in place revisions, and then gear up for the season or tournaments. Once these limitations are in place, it makes it really hard to open up because the public health authorities will be blamed for any incidents resulting from the loosing of standards.

Finally, there's the issue of public schools being closed making it difficult to justify contact sports.

I just don't see competitions or tournaments happening any time soon.

New York of all places is authorizing games and small tournaments starting Aug 17. Large ones soon to follow.

Eastern New York returns to play.

AZ fall leagues will start on time, we are running full team practices now. Desert Conference is on track to start in Salt Lake on Sept 11. At this time we are getting more worried about physical injury as the players may not be game fit by the time the season starts.

New York of all places is authorizing games and small tournaments starting Aug 17. Large ones soon to follow.

AZ fall leagues will start on time, we are running full team practices now. Desert Conference is on track to start in Salt Lake on Sept 11. At this time we are getting more worried about physical injury as the players may not be game fit by the time the season starts.

Is AZ currently allowing contact training/games/tournaments?

Big concern in AZ is for the GA and ECNL - if Cali doesn't open up there we be no teams to play against even with AZ ready.

Big concern in AZ is for the GA and ECNL - if Cali doesn't open up there we be no teams to play against even with AZ ready.

The new CA youth sports guidance is a baby step but at least that should allow us some distant training for now.

The bigger concern is how long this ban will go on for " california bans most youth sports competitions and events"

As of today no sanctioned scrimmages, play, tournaments, or leagues can move forward until the ban is lifted or the youth guidance is changed which is doubtfull for at least the next 60 days.

The new CA youth sports guidance is a baby step but at least that should allow us some distant training for now.

The bigger concern is how long this ban will go on for " california bans most youth sports competitions and events"

As of today no sanctioned scrimmages, play, tournaments, or leagues can move forward until the ban is lifted or the youth guidance is changed which is doubtfull for at least the next 60 days.
I agree. It is at least some good new and a change in the right direction.

I wish dates would stop being thrown out there.. honestly nobody knows anything so why throw dates out?? everyone gets all stoked, their hopes up then...... Nothing. I mean it is what it is, numbers continue to fluctuate, still no vaccine, etc., so now that there is the official okay to train, lets celebrate the small victory, get the kids training then see what happens next. I know a lot of the parents on here are overly hyped to get their kids on the pitch, but let's just accept it for what it is... baby steps. And hey, it's heading in the right direction so at least there is hope right??Don't crucify me. @Ellejustus I know you're biting at the bit to get your girl out there, but it sounds like you're prepping her to be ready when the time comes...so patience grasshopper.....

In regards to AZ i was literally thinking the same thing... @Soccer8

@Grace T. yup... agree

Back