New Youth Sports Guidance

I wish dates would stop being thrown out there.. honestly nobody knows anything so why throw dates out?? everyone gets all stoked, their hopes up then...... Nothing. I mean it is what it is, numbers continue to fluctuate, still no vaccine, etc., so now that there is the official okay to train, lets celebrate the small victory, get the kids training then see what happens next. I know a lot of the parents on here are overly hyped to get their kids on the pitch, but let's just accept it for what it is... baby steps. And hey, it's heading in the right direction so at least there is hope right??Don't crucify me. @Ellejustus I know you're biting at the bit to get your girl out there, but it sounds like you're prepping her to be ready when the time comes...so patience grasshopper.....

In regards to AZ i was literally thinking the same thing... @Soccer8

@Grace T. yup... agree
I agree 100%. Talk about being teased with fake hopes and dates. This is the story of my life. I get all pumped up and start dreaming the dream that all the goats will be playing at the great Surf Cup or at the Great Park. I would prefer a big kickoff at the Grand Daddy of them all. You need to believe things so they become true. Plus, thsi kind of training reminds me of the GDA to be honest. Boring......lol.........just kidding former GDA fans. I like jokes when times are hard. BTW, footy, I'm with you 100% on baby steps. I read the book and saw the movie.

1596566358141.png

Big concern in AZ is for the GA and ECNL - if Cali doesn't open up there we be no teams to play against even with AZ ready.
Short term positives - clubs in AZ that are historical rivals but haven't been able to play against each other (top teams) due to ECNL/GDA now have a chance to revive the rivalry, should be fun. Long term - not good if CA stays locked down, hard to keep interest if you are playing the same teams over and over again over a 4-5 month span. I'm sure a Vegas trip two would help.

Short term positives - clubs in AZ that are historical rivals but haven't been able to play against each other (top teams) due to ECNL/GDA now have a chance to revive the rivalry, should be fun. Long term - not good if CA stays locked down, hard to keep interest if you are playing the same teams over and over again over a 4-5 month span. I'm sure a Vegas trip two would help.
No one from Socal has played a game since last Feb ((allegedly)) and our socal goats need at least four weeks of full time ganas training before the big games . I see a light at the end of the tunnel everyone. Hope is hope and sometimes all you have is hope :)

Yea.. Call it the COVID Cup and have all the MLS, GAL, ECNL, DPL and ECRL teams play each other at each age level both Girls and Boys. Make all the medals look like a face mask over a soccer ball. They may as well. I am thinking the AZ and NV teams will simply shift schedules and get all their intraleague games out of the way while they wait for when/if SoCal comes back online.

Problem is the clubs will not play each other - to afraid they may lose someone. Grass is greener... big egos would get hurt... Just keep taking the $$$$ and promising a season. It would be awesome - create kind of a AZ champions league but it would NEVER happen!

Problem is the clubs will not play each other - to afraid they may lose someone. Grass is greener... big egos would get hurt... Just keep taking the $$$$ and promising a season. It would be awesome - create kind of a AZ champions league but it would NEVER happen!
If Cali doesn't come back they are quickly going to run out of teams to play. At least at their skill level.. unless they want to go to Texas.. which is doubtful. At this rate RSL will play SCDS for GAL and DPL and Arsenal will play Rising for ECNL, and ECRL and maybe FC Tuscon. That is what... 4 games? They could knock out their LV games as well but that doesn't add much more. Sure they may lose some at one age level but they could gain in others. Its more about geography than players... how far will you drive for practice?

Arizona has a POSITIVE TEST RATE of 18.4
California has a POSITIVE TEST RATE 6.4

Is Arizona going about this right by opening up or is California just dragging its feet about opening up more?

All I know is I miss watching my kids compete!

No one from Socal has played a game since last Feb ((allegedly)) and our socal goats need at least four weeks of full time ganas training before the big games . I see a light at the end of the tunnel everyone. Hope is hope and sometimes all you have is hope :)
Mine is ready today. 3 days a week keeper training and facing shots from two male college players has definitely improved her reaction time, plus kept her in shape. Be fun to see her face some of her teammates in the next few weeks. She actually feels like she can play college soccer. :)

Mine is ready today. 3 days a week keeper training and facing shots from two male college players has definitely improved her reaction time, plus kept her in shape. Be fun to see her face some of her teammates in the next few weeks. She actually feels like she can play college soccer. :)
That is awesome to hear bro. My dd will be looking for some GK to take on some of her shots. She makes them all and we all know that is not reality. Get ready because soccer will be played, mark my words!!!!

Back