New Youth Sports Guidance

Arizona has a POSITIVE TEST RATE of 18.4
California has a POSITIVE TEST RATE 6.4

Is Arizona going about this right by opening up or is California just dragging its feet about opening up more?

All I know is I miss watching my kids compete!
IDK honestly...

AYSA (arizona youth soccer) looked at what is going on in Utah where they ran ODP and have been running Rec soccer for awhile with no issues. It was determined that outdoor youth sports including soccer did not incur serious risk and therefore should be allowed. They are demographically and geographically (one giant city where most population lives) similar to us so it is a favorable comparison. There may be some cities in metro Phoenix that may not allow use of their fields but.. there enough that will.

IDK honestly...

AYSA (arizona youth soccer) looked at what is going on in Utah where they ran ODP and have been running Rec soccer for awhile with no issues. It was determined that outdoor youth sports including soccer did not incur serious risk and therefore should be allowed. They are demographically and geographically (one giant city where most population lives) similar to us so it is a favorable comparison.
That's great news.

IDK honestly...

AYSA (arizona youth soccer) looked at what is going on in Utah where they ran ODP and have been running Rec soccer for awhile with no issues. It was determined that outdoor youth sports including soccer did not incur serious risk and therefore should be allowed. They are demographically and geographically (one giant city where most population lives) similar to us so it is a favorable comparison. There may be some cities in metro Phoenix that may not allow use of their fields but.. there enough that will.

From Utah here, it's not like they are letting the the thing go whilly nilly. Temperature checks are being done for getting onto the field. The kids wear masks until they start. The coaches wear masks (but some do breach the rules). At least the trainings and games I've seen the parents aren't allowed near the field (they watch from the grass near the parking lot).

In reading the CDPH's guidelines, that meshes with Cal South's phase 1 from the return to play guidelines. Outdoors. Skills training. Six+ feet away, no contact. Get your kids back to limited training ASAP.

From Utah here, it's not like they are letting the the thing go whilly nilly. Temperature checks are being done for getting onto the field. The kids wear masks until they start. The coaches wear masks (but some do breach the rules). At least the trainings and games I've seen the parents aren't allowed near the field (they watch from the grass near the parking lot).
That is correct. We are following the same protocols. Mask up to the field. No parents on the field and if out of their cars 6ft apart.

Like Utah, NJ was able pull off what's normally a very large event. This year obviously smaller, more control. From what I understand, more play to follow

Amazingly enough ( I used to live there), they were able to put their CV19 politics aside and coordinated an effort to allow kids to play. They remain under very stringent lockdown measures. Most comply, some do not.

https://www.edpsoccer.com/page/show/4543899-edp-s-us-youth-soccer-conference-showcase

Arizona has a POSITIVE TEST RATE of 18.4
California has a POSITIVE TEST RATE 6.4

Is Arizona going about this right by opening up or is California just dragging its feet about opening up more?

All I know is I miss watching my kids compete!
Dominic, I assume that since the post above wasn't flagged as political, I could give my perspective. In no way do I wish to get into the politics of why this is occurring - just the science behind the risk and each populations' risk tolerance.

On a high level this appears to be more of a tolerance of risk difference between the states such as CA and states such as FL, TX and AZ.

From an "immunity" perspective, AZ is now likely in better shape than CA as a higher percentage of their population has some level of immunity due to already having the virus. They are trending down now and I wouldn't be surprised if they have infection levels similar to NY in the next month or two due to this immunity - just a guess, though. Also, there is little evidence that playing soccer is a high risk activity - despite the charts I have seen that put it up at a significant risk level. Texas is in a similar situation to AZ and haven't had any large outbreaks associated with training/games. Time will tell, but there is little scientific evidence to indicate soccer is a high a risk. However, I am aslo sure the risk is not 0.

I found a cool red whistle for you Dom. After the first foul is called, when you say ban, please clarify. I really need to know and I have to follow the rules. Thanks-

1596577463070.png

Dominic, I assume that since the post above wasn't flagged as political, I could give my perspective. In no way do I wish to get into the politics of why this is occurring - just the science behind the risk and each populations' risk tolerance.

On a high level this appears to be more of a tolerance of risk difference between the states such as CA and states such as FL, TX and AZ.

From an "immunity" perspective, AZ is now likely in better shape than CA as a higher percentage of their population has some level of immunity due to already having the virus. They are trending down now and I wouldn't be surprised if they have infection levels similar to NY in the next month or two due to this immunity - just a guess, though. Also, there is little evidence that playing soccer is a high risk activity - despite the charts I have seen that put it up at a significant risk level. Texas is in a similar situation to AZ and haven't had any large outbreaks associated with training/games. Time will tell, but there is little scientific evidence to indicate soccer is a high a risk. However, I am aslo sure the risk is not 0.

A similar thing is happening in Spain as TX, AZ...see good news thread in COVID forum.

@Dominic MLB has an interesting way to deal with rule breakers and cheaters. Ban in my brain always=life time. Are you saying one red card and then a lifetime ban of the Kicker4life Avatar? Please clarify. Also, any appeal process?

A player's first positive test for steroids, stimulants, masking agents, diuretics, cocaine, opiates, PCP, or LSD results in a 10-game suspension without pay. A second positive test results in a 25-game unpaid suspension. A third positive test results in an unpaid suspension of 1 season.

Players who receive a lifetime ban after a third positive test may apply for reinstatement after one year and be eligible to be reinstated after two years. Jenrry Mejía became the only player to be permanently banned under the drug policy on

List of banned substances (not exhaustive)
  • Natural cannabinoids (e.g., THC, hashish and marijuana)- Not anymore (weed is legal)
  • Synthetic THC and cannabimimetics (e.g., K2 and Spice)
  • Cocaine.
  • LSD.
  • Opiates (e.g., fentanyl, oxycodone, heroin, codeine, and morphine)
  • MDMA (Ecstasy)
  • GHB.
  • Phencyclidine (PCP)

@Dom??? This is only about Youth Sports and if IT is happening. Go to off topic thread and we chat there :)
Elle make sure you are running around and yelling at people to put there mask on too. Were you a hall monitor in school too?

Elle make sure you are running around and yelling at people to put there mask on too. Were you a hall monitor in school too?
Frank, I was in the dumb dumb class and then special needs because i couldnt speak dude. The hall monitor was wise to keep their mouth shut when I was running the halls at Aliso bro. I got away with most things but I did get in trouble a lot, especially from a substitute teacher that had it out for me in 6th grade. This guy was some ex-Marine and he was going to teach me how to be a man. Let me to you Frankie, that guy quit after I was suspended for the third time. I was so bad. I can;t share with you because it's horrible. It was 1977 and times were way different back then, My sweet teacher who loved me was out sick with the flu for a few weeks and this abusive teacher was friends with our Principle. 6th grade was ruff for my mom. Suspended three times by this guy in 3 weeks. That was my past life though and now I follow the rules. No politicking or race chats. Soccer and smack talk only brah :)

Back