LIVERPOOL FC SEEKING PLAYERS FOR 06 AND 07 ACADEMY

I remember AGSS. Didn’t he host small sided tourneys? And, I want to say there was a AGSS men’s team too.

Yes, Afshin used to host small tournaments, we had our U18/U19 team play up in the Men's league as a way of furthering the developments of our youth players.

I get the following the coach. What most parents do. The point here isn’t if the guy put kids in college or not. Actually said he is a good coach. As mentioned above, some parents don’t care how clubs are run. Guess when one gets promoted, attitude on a club changes.

I think most leagues are BS, but some are better than others. You should care as a parent if you are being hard sold a league, asking to pay hundreds more to play in it and already claiming it’s “elite”. It’s just a way to get parents to pay more.It isn’t ethical.

you can get in to the “whattabout” this club and that club all day. To compare Liverpool to Blues, and I hate to even say it, Slammers, is absurd. Not even same level as what they can offer kids - especially college opportunities as you mentioned. The College Promise, still one of most abused selling tools in soccer

Good portion of parents really don’t care what happens behind closed doors, my point is they should - you are entrusting your child not only to a coach but a club. You wouldn’t question a coach’s ethics or morality based on how a club operates? For instance, if your coach agrees to take over a team from a coach who just had three of their teams taken from them - just in an attempt to make kids loyal to the shirt and not the coach? It’s always “i had no idea they were going to do that” when they get the call from the coaches they screwed over. They always know. That stuff happens at this club all the time. Why you see posts on here to fill teams that were already full - parents are usually gone. Maybe Wallace can help clean that up? Especially since he is in a leadership role. I doubt that, people at the club fear the CEO. A CEO who I heard tell a parent at a tournament “you all look alike”. Amazing
If I would be in a club because of a coach and a coach is replaced, what is holding me in this club?
I'm not comparing Liverpool with Blues or Slammers, besides the cost and what they are selling.
To your point, why would I, as a parent, care about anything besides well being of my kid? If I have means to pay for the club soccer, I will pay. If I don't - I don't.

I get the following the coach. What most parents do. The point here isn’t if the guy put kids in college or not. Actually said he is a good coach. As mentioned above, some parents don’t care how clubs are run. Guess when one gets promoted, attitude on a club changes.

I think most leagues are BS, but some are better than others. You should care as a parent if you are being hard sold a league, asking to pay hundreds more to play in it and already claiming it’s “elite”. It’s just a way to get parents to pay more.It isn’t ethical.

you can get in to the “whattabout” this club and that club all day. To compare Liverpool to Blues, and I hate to even say it, Slammers, is absurd. Not even same level as what they can offer kids - especially college opportunities as you mentioned. The College Promise, still one of most abused selling tools in soccer

Good portion of parents really don’t care what happens behind closed doors, my point is they should - you are entrusting your child not only to a coach but a club. You wouldn’t question a coach’s ethics or morality based on how a club operates? For instance, if your coach agrees to take over a team from a coach who just had three of their teams taken from them - just in an attempt to make kids loyal to the shirt and not the coach? It’s always “i had no idea they were going to do that” when they get the call from the coaches they screwed over. They always know. That stuff happens at this club all the time. Why you see posts on here to fill teams that were already full - parents are usually gone. Maybe Wallace can help clean that up? Especially since he is in a leadership role. I doubt that, people at the club fear the CEO. A CEO who I heard tell a parent at a tournament “you all look alike”. Amazing
When Justin Sauder posted that she was looking for players, you replied with similar messages attacking the club. In fact, any time this particular club's name comes up in the forum, you go into the same rant.

If you have legitimate concerns about this club, state them and move on. When you repeatedly post the same message, it appears to most that you have a personal agenda and whatever you're trying to convey is lost.

This was your original response, my responses are in blue

Man that’s a lot, a lot of words. You are always in sales mode. If you weren’t always in the “Don’t Miss Out” and talking about yourself mode. I am the newly formed Academy Director, I am responsible for growing the Academy, we don't have It in our budget to hire agents to promote the Academy, what's wrong with me promoting my/our work? ..you are not too bad of a coach. Selling “academy”, “super duper special elite league” and all the other nonsense (you might even talk badly about all this stuff in person when you think no one is listening) I'm lost this sounds all made up, why would I speak poorly about something I'm responsible for helping to build? doesn’t work too well on online boards where most parents are aware of this type of nonsense- but you must be in dire need of kids if you are on here pushing, Not dire, but yes looking to improve our rosters by offering a service, and there has been a number of families on here who have responded favorable and have attended training or reached out.

The pandemic hasn’t changed how most of these clubs and many how coaches sell. Wrong place to post this type of nonsense - people on here aren’t the typical tier 3, rec and signature kid parents you sell at your club. We offer our club services to anyone, regardless of what level they are currently playing at.

if you want to continue this discussion or say I don’t know what I am talking about, You don't know what you are talking about, that is very clear I have one word that might make really think hard about what you post next: China. You made this big statement, I lived the experience, you did not not, your'e made up version has zero to do with me and my time working in China, again feel free to post whatever you wish, I am open book, but clearly your issue with me is personal, so don't say It isn't.

maybe because I grew up in this Country, I have different standards and allegiances.

I've got to say, this is where you lost me in this thread. Sounds xenophobic at a minimum and maybe more. I have no stake in this particular dispute, but when you start throwing around stuff like this (presumably because he grew up in Jamaica, based upon what I can see online), your credibility drops several notches. There are shady practices at tons of youth clubs in the area and around the world, regardless of the race, ethnicity, or country of origin of the people in charge.

Hi Brian did you place any of your United Gold 98/99 boys in college?

Most of those players left the club to join DA teams back then at age 15, and I left before they all graduated. Yes, I have helped to guide a few of them and still today have relationships with most of them.

Can anyone that has responded negatively to Coach Wallace's post trying to fill spots at Liverpool say they have first hand knowledge of issues with the club? Meaning their kid trains there or used to train there but we left because of these reasons?

Just curious because haters like to post without any personal factual information typically. They just ASSume it to be true based on second or third party info or their perception that clubs are all the same period. Also, I have no affiliation to Liverpool club referenced in this thread but would give the same type of responses for any club unless I had first hand personal experience to share.

When Justin Sauder posted that she was looking for players, you replied with similar messages attacking the club. In fact, any time this particular club's name comes up in the forum, you go into the same rant.

If you have legitimate concerns about this club, state them and move on. When you repeatedly post the same message, it appears to most that you have a personal agenda and whatever you're trying to convey is lost.

i get that. You have a valid observation. here is what is usually boils down to a lot in this forum:
when people think a coach is “good”, know of them or maybe even talked to them for a second - a lot is ignored. Even red flags at a club they work at.

If a person pulls up next to you while you are driving and tells you, “your light is out” do you keep moving along, probably? If another person rolls by and tells you “hey your tire looks low”, do you keep moving along, some will. If someone pulls along and tells you “hey, there is smoke coming out the back of your car”, you will stop. So if I point out enough issues, maybe people will say “hey something probably going on over there”. At least it will give a parent something to look out for when they are checking it out and can’t be surprised if they experience what was posted.

i get that. You have a valid observation. here is what is usually boils down to a lot in this forum:
when people think a coach is “good”, know of them or maybe even talked to them for a second - a lot is ignored. Even red flags at a club they work at.

If a person pulls up next to you while you are driving and tells you, “your light is out” do you keep moving along, probably? If another person rolls by and tells you “hey your tire looks low”, do you keep moving along, some will. If someone pulls along and tells you “hey, there is smoke coming out the back of your car”, you will stop. So if I point out enough issues, maybe people will say “hey something probably going on over there”. At least it will give a parent something to look out for when they are checking it out and can’t be surprised if they experience what was posted.

what happened in China..... better to say at this point so we don't think up something worse than it is....... imho

it's a shame a recruiting thread took this turn at all tbh...... maybe best to delete it

Can anyone that has responded negatively to Coach Wallace's post trying to fill spots at Liverpool say they have first hand knowledge of issues with the club? Meaning their kid trains there or used to train there but we left because of these reasons?

Just curious because haters like to post without any personal factual information typically. They just ASSume it to be true based on second or third party info or their perception that clubs are all the same period. Also, I have no affiliation to Liverpool club referenced in this thread but would give the same type of responses for any club unless I had first hand personal experience to share.

You assume a lot. You actually assume I don’t have first hand knowledge. You really think coaches from the club, even former coaches, are going to post on here about their issues either club and what the club has done to them? You don’t understand how the system chews up coaches who will do that. Out of respect for those coaches and staff members, I don’t post their names - as some still work there. How do you know I don’t work or ever worked with the actual club that was lending them the last logo? Kind of odd being able to ask specific without first hand knowledge. Do you want the specific dad to come out here and out the coach who slept with His wife - who still happens to be on staff? Not like a bunch of kids left over that and the guy didn’t help ruin his kid’s family or anything. If you know where the bodies are buried, you keep your job no matter what you do. Guess some people have more tolerance or ability to ignore that type of behavior from a club

what happened in China..... better to say at this point so we don't think up something worse than it is....... imho

it's a shame a recruiting thread took this turn at all tbh...... maybe best to delete it

Deleting the post would suggest that I have done something wrong? and have something to hide?, I did nothing wrong nor do I have anything to hide, and this isn't about money, like I've said I'm an open book.

My intention was simply to make a post that I am seeking players for my club academy program, he attempted to make my post into something personal and negative, but I don't view his or anyone's perspective as something negative, I learned a long time ago that nothing other people do is because of us/me, its because them and the agreements they have with themselves, similar to the game we love, the team self servers will always find a way to stab themselves with their own dagger sooner or later.

http://jamaica-star.com/article/spo...-coach-offers-free-service-junior-reggae-boyz

You assume a lot. You actually assume I don’t have first hand knowledge. You really think coaches from the club, even former coaches, are going to post on here about their issues either club and what the club has done to them? You don’t understand how the system chews up coaches who will do that. Out of respect for those coaches and staff members, I don’t post their names - as some still work there. How do you know I don’t work or ever worked with the actual club that was lending them the last logo? Kind of odd being able to ask specific without first hand knowledge. Do you want the specific dad to come out here and out the coach who slept with His wife - who still happens to be on staff? Not like a bunch of kids left over that and the guy didn’t help ruin his kid’s family or anything. If you know where the bodies are buried, you keep your job no matter what you do. Guess some people have more tolerance or ability to ignore that type of behavior from a club
So what is your goal here? Blocking him from getting players? “Help” other soccer parents? Just because you “know” the inner workings of this club doesn’t mean your right. Look at the Placer thread in NorCal; it is totally possible for two people to have completely different opinions about the same club. You are obviously disgruntled.

You also have to beg the question about why the roster spots exist this late. Usually Mr Wallace’s teams are full. Did you ever sells parents that the club was going to be part of the MLS system this year ? I’m sure if the topic remains open, parents may be given the ability to chime in on that

I've got to say, this is where you lost me in this thread. Sounds xenophobic at a minimum and maybe more. I have no stake in this particular dispute, but when you start throwing around stuff like this (presumably because he grew up in Jamaica, based upon what I can see online), your credibility drops several notches. There are shady practices at tons of youth clubs in the area and around the world, regardless of the race, ethnicity, or country of origin of the people in charge.
It wasn’t xenophobic as it has to do with the club not him. As comments that were directly related to the English aspect of the club, that were directly told to me in a convo with admins. If I were xenophobic I wouldn’t be here actually trying to help the ones abused at the club. Maybe at the minimum this thread actually lets the club people know what is going on - what has been going before they were even Galaxy.

So what is your goal here? Blocking him from getting players? “Help” other soccer parents? Just because you “know” the inner workings of this club doesn’t mean your right. Look at the Placer thread in NorCal; it is totally possible for two people to have completely different opinions about the same club. You are obviously disgruntled.
The guy is going to get players. Just following the thread will let you know there are buyers. Yep, just passing info. I wish I were only disgruntled, because that would mean no one is actually being taken advantage of and I’m just some passed off dude. I’d rather be some mad man then have what is going on occur

You also have to beg the question about why the roster spots exist this late. Usually Mr Wallace’s teams are full. Did you ever sells parents that the club was going to be part of the MLS system this year ? I’m sure if the topic remains open, parents may be given the ability to chime in on that
The roster spots currently are available on ALL clubs I know. It's not because of a coach or a club wrong doings, but rather for obvious reasons of state of affairs we are all in.

So you have no first hand knowledge or experience with Coach Wallace's club yet you bad mouth it from the get go. You are the true definition of a key board hater with no true facts. And now you transition to alleged infidelity and high club fees...lol

You also have to beg the question about why the roster spots exist this late. Usually Mr Wallace’s teams are full.
I'll answer this from the point of view of our G05 team. We are CSL, eventually we might play league games, which will be at the premier level, at tournaments. We had 18 players 2 months ago. 1 girl quit club soccer completely, 1 girl taking a year off from soccer for injury reasons, 1 girl left for another club. Down to 15.

We also have two girls that aren't practicing due to a family member having health issues that make them high risk to Covid and not sure when they will be able to practice again, possibly not until a vaccine if finished. We are keeping those players on the roster as any team should. So we are practicing with 13 now. Like many teams 1-2 seem to miss practice for a variety of reasons. Our dues have been on hold for the last 3 months and needing more players for money isn't an issue as we have a decent amount from fund raising in Jan. and our dues are extremely low. We just need a full solid club.

So we are looking at adding 2-3 players. Currently two girls are practicing with us for the last two weeks. Very tough for us to evaluate without scrimmages, but doing our best. I assume the girls and their parents are doing the same. These are difficult times for teams and players.

I'll answer this from the point of view of our G05 team. We are CSL, eventually we might play league games, which will be at the premier level, at tournaments. We had 18 players 2 months ago. 1 girl quit club soccer completely, 1 girl taking a year off from soccer for injury reasons, 1 girl left for another club. Down to 15.

We also have two girls that aren't practicing due to a family member having health issues that make them high risk to Covid and not sure when they will be able to practice again, possibly not until a vaccine if finished. We are keeping those players on the roster as any team should. So we are practicing with 13 now. Like many teams 1-2 seem to miss practice for a variety of reasons. Our dues have been on hold for the last 3 months and needing more players for money isn't an issue as we have a decent amount from fund raising in Jan. and our dues are extremely low. We just need a full solid club.

So we are looking at adding 2-3 players. Currently two girls are practicing with us for the last two weeks. Very tough for us to evaluate without scrimmages, but doing our best. I assume the girls and their parents are doing the same. These are difficult times for teams and players.
This!

And did the haters jump on you for trying to fill your roster? Obviously you are a shady club because all clubs are shady right? Obviously that no dues charged for 3 months is just a sales marketing ploy to lure new unsuspecting parents into the shady web right?

Not That Serious knows all about your shady dealings there.

Back