LIVERPOOL FC SEEKING PLAYERS FOR 06 AND 07 ACADEMY

Im in no way basing the coach in anyway, best of luck to him.

The fact that people are ok with clubs selling travel to flight 2/3 teams is hilarious or national showcases, this is the exact same thing that all of you talk smack about on this forum!!!

Not That Serious -Thumbs Up man!!

I got one word for them all--Chi NA

I'm an open book, I'm okay with the fact that others are always going to have their opinion based on their belief system, therefore nothing that you think about me is about me, each persons point of view is very personal to them and clearly its very personal to you, I'm on here on a public forum posting under my real name seeking players for our academy, why does this bother you so much? why are you using my post as an excuse to get mad or spew hate?

And why are you hiding under a made up name? what is your question or comment?, feel free to share all that you feel you need to share, I have no problem with It.

Coach Wallace, I have no problem with you coming on here and promoting your club and league as you seek to fill roster spots. Most of the haters probably have kids playing that will never play at the college level. I think though what's better then words on a forum is the reputation that forms surrounding the club as far as quality coaching, performing well in league, winning big tournaments, etc... and this will take time to build of course since you are venturing into a newly formed league it appears with a newly formed club. Perhaps some quality teams and coaches have already migrated over to you club so it may not take as long to build the reputation needed to excel. I would ignore the rude lame responses from some on here and keep forging ahead to see if you can build that following....good luck

Coach Wallace, I have no problem with you coming on here and promoting your club and league as you seek to fill roster spots. Most of the haters probably have kids playing that will never play at the college level. I think though what's better then words on a forum is the reputation that forms surrounding the club as far as quality coaching, performing well in league, winning big tournaments, etc... and this will take time to build of course since you are venturing into a newly formed league it appears with a newly formed club. Perhaps some quality teams and coaches have already migrated over to you club so it may not take as long to build the reputation needed to excel. I would ignore the rude lame responses from some on here and keep forging ahead to see if you can build that following....good luck

Thank you, that's classy.

Facebook already had a thread on the crazy fees and a thread on the absurd league - it wasn’t pretty. I’d imagine the fees for team in this new league, after uniforms and special patches, is going to run north of $5k

Like I said, feel free to share whatever It is you feel you know about my time coaching in China, be my guest?

Yes, I was hired to be the assistant Coach for Chinese first division club Shizazhuang Ever Bright by my close friend and mentor Afshin Ghotbi, I was also hired as head coach for the second team, for the 2016-2017 Afshin who is a former UCLA Collegiate player and graduate and we worked together in Burbank running a club called AGSS, from 1997-2003 Afshin was responsible for bringing the first American (John O Brien) to the famed Ajax of Amsterdam Academy in the mid 90's, we had another American player David Johnson who played for the US U17 National team, U20 National team who we ended up at Dutch Eredivisie Club Willem II.

My experience in China was there like any other experience had It pros and cons, cons being Im a single dad with an 10 year old daughter whom I promised that she could fly to China 3 times during the season to see me, this was also included in my contract, my daughter has a a compromised immune system, where she has to receive consistent breathing treatment to combat her Asthma, in the end I decided that due to the poor air quality in China, It would not be a good idea to bring her to the Hebei province, I was having a tough time being away from my daughter and she was as well. I returned on vacation from the Chinese new year and my daughter broke down crying, my time away was far more difficult for her than I had realize, I promised her then that once I returned to complete my contract in China if at anytime she wanted me to come home, all she needed to do was let me know, she did so Ione evening in March of 2017 and I flew home the next day.

Afshin and I have remained friends, I recently attended his ex wife funeral In Rancho Santa Margarita with his dad, the team in China has since then gained promotion to the Super league and are currently sitting in 4th positIon. In 2017 I then was hired as the Technical Director for Arsenal in the DA, the DA also took me away from my daughter a great deal, as our offices were in Temecula and training fields in Norco, plus we had difficult away games at Vancouver Whitecaps, Portland, Seattle sounders, Sacramento republic, Real Salt Lake, etc..in the end that wasn't a good fit either

I started with LA Galaxy OC now Liverpool FC in January 2018, but decided then that I needed to spend more time with my daughter and as such did not wish to be in a leadership position, my daughter is now much older and as such I have been recently (A month ago) promoted to Academy Boys director, our goal moving forward is to change the culture within the Academy and like any new challenge/project It has been challenging, but I live for challenges and always strive to view challenges as something beneficial, I fully understand the youth soccer landscape and my intentions are to do my best to serve our families to the best of my ability.

No one has issue with a coach filling roster. Usually we tell a coach to simply post in the Appropriate forum. The coach says cool, and topic gets moved.

This is different as the hard-sell came deep and over multiple posts.

Anytime someone posts issues about a club or coach post it’s “hating”. If someone has info about a club or coach, especially if they post, we are suppose to just let it be? That is the mentality that keeps these clubs and coaches operating how they do. Then when stuff comes out later, same people are “why didn’t anyone say anything”? So everyone says they want to clean up pay-to-play but then don’t want people telling these coaches anything when they come hard-selling nonsense. There is a reason the Galaxy logo was pulled, it wasn’t given up willingly. It also wasn’t a decision made out of the blue. Has nothing to do with wins or losses. Your breakdown of the posts are very superficial. You have no idea how some of these big clubs go after parent’s wallets. I’ve posted on it before and other have discussed the issue as well. You can believe it’s hot air, but these coaches and clubs have directly messaged very upset that I put info that clubs don’t want you to hear. Even messages from coaches who figured out they’ve been lied to by “friends” who lied to them in order to move over teams to these clubs.

I have questions if he truly wants to be open. Otherwise if I just start posting info, people such as yourself will say “wow, he must have not picked your kid or your kid must suck”. I can ask very specific questions and ask them to be directly answered, with no spin. He did say he was an open book.

My goal is to help kids and parents being as informed as they can. People have ignored these clubs and coaches for a long time and let them operate without any checks. Can’t make changes if we are quiet. I take some blame, been around a long time, helped some of these places start, and never said much when many of these places started being shady. Coaches would do shady things and you just let them move on and didn’t inform the next club. After seeing a pandemic not change how most of these clubs operate, even gouging parents and seeing a ton of kids having to quit soccer, just decided to call out these people online more.

Call it hate but haven’t heard from anyone factually dispute anything I’ve posted on here - for years. It’s always “you are a hater” or “full of crap” or “have an axe to grind”. It’s true, I do have an axe to grind...with anyone trying to rip off parents and/or taking advantage of kids.

No one has issue with a coach filling roster. Usually we tell a coach to simply post in the Appropriate forum. The coach says cool, and topic gets moved.

This is different as the hard-sell came deep and over multiple posts.

Anytime someone posts issues about a club or coach post it’s “hating”. If someone has info about a club or coach, especially if they post, we are suppose to just let it be? That is the mentality that keeps these clubs and coaches operating how they do. Then when stuff comes out later, same people are “why didn’t anyone say anything”? So everyone says they want to clean up pay-to-play but then don’t want people telling these coaches anything when they come hard-selling nonsense. There is a reason the Galaxy logo was pulled, it wasn’t given up willingly. It also wasn’t a decision made out of the blue. Has nothing to do with wins or losses. Your breakdown of the posts are very superficial. You have no idea how some of these big clubs go after parent’s wallets. I’ve posted on it before and other have discussed the issue as well. You can believe it’s hot air, but these coaches and clubs have directly messaged very upset that I put info that clubs don’t want you to hear. Even messages from coaches who figured out they’ve been lied to by “friends” who lied to them in order to move over teams to these clubs.

I have questions if he truly wants to be open. Otherwise if I just start posting info, people such as yourself will say “wow, he must have not picked your kid or your kid must suck”. I can ask very specific questions and ask them to be directly answered, with no spin. He did say he was an open book.

My goal is to help kids and parents being as informed as they can. People have ignored these clubs and coaches for a long time and let them operate without any checks. Can’t make changes if we are quiet. I take some blame, been around a long time, helped some of these places start, and never said much when many of these places started being shady. Coaches would do shady things and you just let them move on and didn’t inform the next club. After seeing a pandemic not change how most of these clubs operate, even gouging parents and seeing a ton of kids having to quit soccer, just decided to call out these people online more.

Call it hate but haven’t heard from anyone factually dispute anything I’ve posted on here - for years. It’s always “you are a hater” or “full of crap” or “have an axe to grind”. It’s true, I do have an axe to grind...with anyone trying to rip off parents and/or taking advantage of kids.

Factual? Your post has nothing factual first hand in it. Was your kid playing at liverpool so you have first hand knowledge of their operations? No, you just assume they operate like every other high dollar club that you also assume are shady for various reasons without any personal experience that you elected to provide. They provide a service and that requires a fee to be paid. It's up to the individual(s) to decide if that service is quality enough to support the price. That's where the clubs reputation in the various categories comes into play. Few years back my kid was playing at a top level team for a big name club and I was paying top dollar but we both decided the coach wasn't worth it and her development suffered. We tried out different places and ended up at a small club playing up 2 years but getting far better training and development paying 50 bucks a month. Ridiculous low price for outstanding training unfortunately the team aged out last season. So if you're saying cost does not always equate to quality well you can apply that to a lot of things in life including soccer clubs but dont lump a club into your pre arranged group of alleged shady clubs just because they charge top dollar unless you have first hand knowledge from your kid playing there that it was not worth the cost involved.

Like I said, feel free to share whatever It is you feel you know about my time coaching in China, be my guest?

Yes, I was hired to be the assistant Coach for Chinese first division club Shizazhuang Ever Bright by my close friend and mentor Afshin Ghotbi, I was also hired as head coach for the second team, for the 2016-2017 Afshin who is a former UCLA Collegiate player and graduate and we worked together in Burbank running a club called AGSS, from 1997-2003 Afshin was responsible for bringing the first American (John O Brien) to the famed Ajax of Amsterdam Academy in the mid 90's, we had another American player David Johnson who played for the US U17 National team, U20 National team who we ended up at Dutch Eredivisie Club Willem II.

My experience in China was there like any other experience had It pros and cons, cons being Im a single dad with an 10 year old daughter whom I promised that she could fly to China 3 times during the season to see me, this was also included in my contract, my daughter has a a compromised immune system, where she has to receive consistent breathing treatment to combat her Asthma, in the end I decided that due to the poor air quality in China, It would not be a good idea to bring her to the Hebei province, I was having a tough time being away from my daughter and she was as well. I returned on vacation from the Chinese new year and my daughter broke down crying, my time away was far more difficult for her than I had realize, I promised her then that once I returned to complete my contract in China if at anytime she wanted me to come home, all she needed to do was let me know, she did so Ione evening in March of 2017 and I flew home the next day.

Afshin and I have remained friends, I recently attended his ex wife funeral In Rancho Santa Margarita with his dad, the team in China has since then gained promotion to the Super league and are currently sitting in 4th positIon. In 2017 I then was hired as the Technical Director for Arsenal in the DA, the DA also took me away from my daughter a great deal, as our offices were in Temecula and training fields in Norco, plus we had difficult away games at Vancouver Whitecaps, Portland, Seattle sounders, Sacramento republic, Real Salt Lake, etc..in the end that wasn't a good fit either

I started with LA Galaxy OC now Liverpool FC in January 2018, but decided then that I needed to spend more time with my daughter and as such did not wish to be in a leadership position, my daughter is now much older and as such I have been recently (A month ago) promoted to Academy Boys director, our goal moving forward is to change the culture within the Academy and like any new challenge/project It has been challenging, but I live for challenges and always strive to view challenges as something beneficial, I fully understand the youth soccer landscape and my intentions are to do my best to serve our families to the best of my ability.
I remember AGSS. Didn’t he host small sided tourneys? And, I want to say there was a AGSS men’s team too.

Tough crowd here. Damn.
I’ve never heard anything bad about BW.
And la Galaxy OC/Liverpool has been a solid club. For whatever reason, they’ve been hosed out of being invited to DA or ECNL.
I bet if we had promotion/relegation they’d have some teams at the highest levels.

That reply went deep, did a lot of appeal to emotion. Long post that if you break it down, is more selling. Actually very intelligent on how to deflect from a ton of issues and using a using a human shield. It actually forces me to almost look like a total ahole if I bring up a counter to what you posted. Good job. No one said you were not an intelligent guy, sometimes, as demonstrated in this post, you over analyze everything. You still keep selling yourself even in the middle of trying to explain one specific topic. Pretty crazy skill: I’ll just state that I am still friends with many people I fired or have made firings due to following orders above my pay grade. Kicking it with someone you worked with, doesn’t mean it was all good. It also wouldn’t explain your attempts at other jobs, based in other countries after the fact. It also doesn’t explain comments you have made to coaches.

So as the director of the academy, a club admin and in a “leadership” position, will you openly answer the following?

A) Have you, or other staff, ever told kids you are part of the actual Liverpool Academy in England. Not “associated” but actually part of the Liverpool Academy ?

B)Have you coached coaches to tell them they will being making trips to England to train with the Liverpool academy?

c)Have you or staff ever told kids/parents they will be traveling to Europe to play academy teams?

d) Have you or your staff ever been coached by 3rd party vendors on how to sell parents?what was the penalty for not attending these “trainings”?

e) Have you been okay with club decisions on bringing in coaches, then firing those coaches after a year and giving the teams to other staff?

f) how did the club obtain the field space in Santa Ana? Are you aware of anyone helping obtain those fields? Is this person still employed at the club? Do you know what happened to players from the teams brought in who use to utilize those fields under a different club name?

g) are you aware of any coaches threatening to sue the club over wrongful termination?

h) are you okay with how young foreign coaches are being utilized at the club? Have any of those coaches not had visas renewed, after not having calls/messages returned? Do you know of these coaches have always been paid in full?

i)are you aware of ANY coaches that have been terminated and not paid- even after fulfilling contracts?

j) are you aware of any coaches who have slept with a player’s parents and still allowed to coach at the club?

K) have staff ever been told how to create their own corps? If so, could that be an attempt to circumvent new State employee classification laws?

l) Has the club ever used the AYSO curriculum created by Paul Bright to train staff? Have these videos ever been the required curriculum for Training players on a weekly basis at the club? Has this program been implemented even as recently as last season?

M) Have coaches been required to sign and have full rosters by the end of December? Are there any penalties for not meeting this requirement? Are there any “bonuses” for meeting this requirement? Are these bonuses ever withheld or not paid out?

N) Are coaches required to train on certain days and times as 1099 contractors? Does the club require coaches to practice at certain fields? Are there any consequences for coaches not having the ability to meet the scheduled times and dates? Are coaches given the ability, as 1099 contractors, to modify Training schedules?

O) Have you ever told coaches you wanted to leave the club? If so, why were the reasons you wanted to leave and why have you had a change of heart?

P) Do you know if coaches are forced/required to cover games, camps or practices without compensation or full compensation?

Q)Are you aware of ANY staff being fired by text and without being compensated for their full contract?

All just hypothetical questions. NO WAY a coach or club could possibly raise so many questions. You can answer the hypotheticals if you want.

Tough crowd here. Damn.
I’ve never heard anything bad about BW.
And la Galaxy OC/Liverpool has been a solid club. For whatever reason, they’ve been hosed out of being invited to DA or ECNL.
I bet if we had promotion/relegation they’d have some teams at the highest levels.
They weren’t hosed. People in charge of those decisions will bring in any club they feel will strengthen a league or they can make more money by inviting. Reason they don’t get invited, not due to being hosed or some injustice

Factual? Your post has nothing factual first hand in it. Was your kid playing at liverpool so you have first hand knowledge of their operations? No, you just assume they operate like every other high dollar club that you also assume are shady for various reasons without any personal experience that you elected to provide. They provide a service and that requires a fee to be paid. It's up to the individual(s) to decide if that service is quality enough to support the price. That's where the clubs reputation in the various categories comes into play. Few years back my kid was playing at a top level team for a big name club and I was paying top dollar but we both decided the coach wasn't worth it and her development suffered. We tried out different places and ended up at a small club playing up 2 years but getting far better training and development paying 50 bucks a month. Ridiculous low price for outstanding training unfortunately the team aged out last season. So if you're saying cost does not always equate to quality well you can apply that to a lot of things in life including soccer clubs but dont lump a club into your pre arranged group of alleged shady clubs just because they charge top dollar unless you have first hand knowledge from your kid playing there that it was not worth the cost involved.
I get that. No fan of ECNL but people make their decision on what they think has worth. I do have first hand knowledge. Again I posted on here the Galaxy was as pulling affiliation before Liverpool knew. I’m sure only a few people anywhere could possibly known that. I guess I was just lucky when I posted that info? The club has a few good coaches, never said the poster wasn’t a decent coach. You’d be surprised what the actual coaches say about the club; not a happy place. Teams blow up because of the problems, but they just bring up kids from rec, tier 3 and rinse and repeat.

That reply went deep, did a lot of appeal to emotion. Long post that if you break it down, is more selling. Actually very intelligent on how to deflect from a ton of issues and using a using a human shield. It actually forces me to almost look like a total ahole if I bring up a counter to what you posted. Good job. No one said you were not an intelligent guy, sometimes, as demonstrated in this post, you over analyze everything. You still keep selling yourself even in the middle of trying to explain one specific topic. Pretty crazy skill: I’ll just state that I am still friends with many people I fired or have made firings due to following orders above my pay grade. Kicking it with someone you worked with, doesn’t mean it was all good. It also wouldn’t explain your attempts at other jobs, based in other countries after the fact. It also doesn’t explain comments you have made to coaches.

So as the director of the academy, a club admin and in a “leadership” position, will you openly answer the following?

A) Have you, or other staff, ever told kids you are part of the actual Liverpool Academy in England. Not “associated” but actually part of the Liverpool Academy ?

B)Have you coached coaches to tell them they will being making trips to England to train with the Liverpool academy?

c)Have you or staff ever told kids/parents they will be traveling to Europe to play academy teams?

d) Have you or your staff ever been coached by 3rd party vendors on how to sell parents?what was the penalty for not attending these “trainings”?

e) Have you been okay with club decisions on bringing in coaches, then firing those coaches after a year and giving the teams to other staff?

f) how did the club obtain the field space in Santa Ana? Are you aware of anyone helping obtain those fields? Is this person still employed at the club? Do you know what happened to players from the teams brought in who use to utilize those fields under a different club name?

g) are you aware of any coaches threatening to sue the club over wrongful termination?

h) are you okay with how young foreign coaches are being utilized at the club? Have any of those coaches not had visas renewed, after not having calls/messages returned? Do you know of these coaches have always been paid in full?

i)are you aware of ANY coaches that have been terminated and not paid- even after fulfilling contracts?

j) are you aware of any coaches who have slept with a player’s parents and still allowed to coach at the club?

K) have staff ever been told how to create their own corps? If so, could that be an attempt to circumvent new State employee classification laws?

l) Has the club ever used the AYSO curriculum created by Paul Bright to train staff? Have these videos ever been the required curriculum for Training players on a weekly basis at the club? Has this program been implemented even as recently as last season?

M) Have coaches been required to sign and have full rosters by the end of December? Are there any penalties for not meeting this requirement? Are there any “bonuses” for meeting this requirement? Are these bonuses ever withheld or not paid out?

N) Are coaches required to train on certain days and times as 1099 contractors? Does the club require coaches to practice at certain fields? Are there any consequences for coaches not having the ability to meet the scheduled times and dates? Are coaches given the ability, as 1099 contractors, to modify Training schedules?

O) Have you ever told coaches you wanted to leave the club? If so, why were the reasons you wanted to leave and why have you had a change of heart?

P) Do you know if coaches are forced/required to cover games, camps or practices without compensation or full compensation?

Q)Are you aware of ANY staff being fired by text and without being compensated for their full contract?

All just hypothetical questions. NO WAY a coach or club could possibly raise so many questions. You can answer the hypotheticals if you want.
Ask yourself what club you can ask those questions to that would come out clean? ZERO. It’s obvious you have a personal problem and you are lashing out in a oublic forum. Deny it all you want, but your kid got rejected at some point. This man is doing a job, what do you know about filling rosters and keeping a team/club afloat? Especially during a pandemic? It is none of your business, or anybody else’s business, whether his teams travel, or don’t travel, or are sub par to another league. There is not 50 spots at LAFC academy, so those players have to play somewhere. What you are doing now can be done to just about every coach or club. Where does your child play now? Shall we get a parent that is bitter about your current club to open your eyes about how you’re being bamboozled?

Ask yourself what club you can ask those questions to that would come out clean? ZERO. It’s obvious you have a personal problem and you are lashing out in a oublic forum. Deny it all you want, but your kid got rejected at some point. This man is doing a job, what do you know about filling rosters and keeping a team/club afloat? Especially during a pandemic? It is none of your business, or anybody else’s business, whether his teams travel, or don’t travel, or are sub par to another league. There is not 50 spots at LAFC academy, so those players have to play somewhere. What you are doing now can be done to just about every coach or club. Where does your child play now? Shall we get a parent that is bitter about your current club to open your eyes about how you’re being bamboozled?
Coach Wallace is a great coach and put many boys into colleges. If you want your son to develop, he is one of those coaches who will do the job.
If my kid's coach is good and my kid is happy, why would I care what club does or what league they play in?
Liverpool is expensive but so are the Blues or Slammers. If I would be looking for my boy to play, I would definitely consider BW and wouldn't matter to me what club he is in.
FYI I have no affiliation with Liverpool, except being actual LFC supporter.

I get that. No fan of ECNL but people make their decision on what they think has worth. I do have first hand knowledge. Again I posted on here the Galaxy was as pulling affiliation before Liverpool knew. I’m sure only a few people anywhere could possibly known that. I guess I was just lucky when I posted that info? The club has a few good coaches, never said the poster wasn’t a decent coach. You’d be surprised what the actual coaches say about the club; not a happy place. Teams blow up because of the problems, but they just bring up kids from rec, tier 3 and rinse and repeat.

I just feel unless you have first hand knowledge about a club, meaning your kid plays or played there and you personally witnessed or experienced the problems that you shouldn't broad stroke every club into the shady category. Clubs provide a service and individuals decide if their quality of service befits the cost. As I stated previously paying pennies at a small club provided my kid much higher training then paying big money to a big brand club. We were fortunate. This is not always the case. Some private coaches charge 25 per hour some charge 60. Is one better then the other? You have to decide by personal experience not just the cost alone. A business is in business to be profitable and produce positive results.

Yep got me, my kid was rejected. What this all about.

oh so sell a parent or kid by any means necessary? Not our problem. People wonder why the system is the way it is, just turn your head and let the shady folks do as they want. Maybe it all depends if you know the person or if it happens at your club.

If a parent has concerns at any club, even at any of the ones I’m involved with...GREAT! Many of us have left clubs over ethics issues. Great if you want to pay and then just show up to training, some people good with it. Clubs love those attitudes. The issue is this club preaches a ton of stuff they don’t stand by...just to sell. You really could be paying less, and more kids who are priced out could play. Unless you really don’t care who is playing except your own child. The money isn’t going to the coaches - that would be awesome. The money isn’t even going to pay for kids who can’t afford it - well maybe a baller or two. People on here assume I have no insight and shooting in to the wind blindly. Guess the hypotheticals posted weren’t specific enough.

So, hypothetically you are okay with clubs not paying coaches, taking advantage of young coaches, not paying coaches, stealing coaches teams, stealing coaches fields, forced training for sale purposes (actually violates law) and plethora of other issues? I guess all good as long as the coach gets your kid training? Again, I think most parents fall in to this category. Drop off, see you in a couple hours. Or a dad who shows up to shoot the it with other dads and don’t pay attention to much else. How clubs get away with shady stuff.

By the way, I never said all clubs don’t have questions about how they operate...but not 20-30+ Also none involve not paying people, paying coaches less than they deserve, forced labor, etc.

i think you have a big misconception on how most clubs operate. Not that I’d know how to run a club or anything - making it up as I go. Although, I’m sure if we polled club directors anonymously, I doubt any would check off 99% of the questions as something they have done or considered doing.

A ton of folks post on here trying to fill spots and many of them get hammered And others welcomed. Guess it depends if you know them if they get pass or just dismiss the questions at the club they work at. After all they are just doing their jobs

Impressive soccer resume but it didn’t sell me. However, your story about your relationship with your daughter did. I wish you and your kid the best!

Coach Wallace is a great coach and put many boys into colleges. If you want your son to develop, he is one of those coaches who will do the job.
If my kid's coach is good and my kid is happy, why would I care what club does or what league they play in?
Liverpool is expensive but so are the Blues or Slammers. If I would be looking for my boy to play, I would definitely consider BW and wouldn't matter to me what club he is in.
FYI I have no affiliation with Liverpool, except being actual LFC supporter.

I get the following the coach. What most parents do. The point here isn’t if the guy put kids in college or not. Actually said he is a good coach. As mentioned above, some parents don’t care how clubs are run. Guess when one gets promoted, attitude on a club changes.

I think most leagues are BS, but some are better than others. You should care as a parent if you are being hard sold a league, asking to pay hundreds more to play in it and already claiming it’s “elite”. It’s just a way to get parents to pay more.It isn’t ethical.

you can get in to the “whattabout” this club and that club all day. To compare Liverpool to Blues, and I hate to even say it, Slammers, is absurd. Not even same level as what they can offer kids - especially college opportunities as you mentioned. The College Promise, still one of most abused selling tools in soccer

Good portion of parents really don’t care what happens behind closed doors, my point is they should - you are entrusting your child not only to a coach but a club. You wouldn’t question a coach’s ethics or morality based on how a club operates? For instance, if your coach agrees to take over a team from a coach who just had three of their teams taken from them - just in an attempt to make kids loyal to the shirt and not the coach? It’s always “i had no idea they were going to do that” when they get the call from the coaches they screwed over. They always know. That stuff happens at this club all the time. Why you see posts on here to fill teams that were already full - parents are usually gone. Maybe Wallace can help clean that up? Especially since he is in a leadership role. I doubt that, people at the club fear the CEO. A CEO who I heard tell a parent at a tournament “you all look alike”. Amazing

Yep got me, my kid was rejected. What this all about.

oh so sell a parent or kid by any means necessary? Not our problem. People wonder why the system is the way it is, just turn your head and let the shady folks do as they want. Maybe it all depends if you know the person or if it happens at your club.

If a parent has concerns at any club, even at any of the ones I’m involved with...GREAT! Many of us have left clubs over ethics issues. Great if you want to pay and then just show up to training, some people good with it. Clubs love those attitudes. The issue is this club preaches a ton of stuff they don’t stand by...just to sell. You really could be paying less, and more kids who are priced out could play. Unless you really don’t care who is playing except your own child. The money isn’t going to the coaches - that would be awesome. The money isn’t even going to pay for kids who can’t afford it - well maybe a baller or two. People on here assume I have no insight and shooting in to the wind blindly. Guess the hypotheticals posted weren’t specific enough.

So, hypothetically you are okay with clubs not paying coaches, taking advantage of young coaches, not paying coaches, stealing coaches teams, stealing coaches fields, forced training for sale purposes (actually violates law) and plethora of other issues? I guess all good as long as the coach gets your kid training? Again, I think most parents fall in to this category. Drop off, see you in a couple hours. Or a dad who shows up to shoot the it with other dads and don’t pay attention to much else. How clubs get away with shady stuff.

By the way, I never said all clubs don’t have questions about how they operate...but not 20-30+ Also none involve not paying people, paying coaches less than they deserve, forced labor, etc.

i think you have a big misconception on how most clubs operate. Not that I’d know how to run a club or anything - making it up as I go. Although, I’m sure if we polled club directors anonymously, I doubt any would check off 99% of the questions as something they have done or considered doing.

A ton of folks post on here trying to fill spots and many of them get hammered And others welcomed. Guess it depends if you know them if they get pass or just dismiss the questions at the club they work at. After all they are just doing their jobs
Don’t be deterred because you make many valid points about the problems with pay to play. Also, I would like to encourage you to embrace the title “hater.” Several folks here have life and bullshit twisted in a fat ass burrito.

Here’s the deal: “Don’t hate the player hate the game.” (emphasis added).

I have yet to hear you hate on Coach Wallace. All of your complaints have been limited to the shortcomings of pay to play because the game is exclusionary and fucked up.

So, crack open a 40 ounce of Haterade and
drink up. Absolutely nothing wrong with hating on pay to play. I admire your courage for speaking up and creating dialogue on this important issue.

Back