How much ECNL roster movement on your kid’s team?

So....getting back on topic....

My ‘06 DD’s team saw a lot of movement as the Club looked to improve the team structure.

My ‘04 DD’s team lost 1 to an ECNL club but picked up 3.

Both kids are very excited about the changes....looking forward to getting in the pitch soon.
My daughters teams haven't seen much change at all that I am aware of. I wouldn't have thought there would be much change since nobody has really gotten back onto the field to physically see players. I saw someone mention, not sure which thread, that there has been a lot of movement in the last week. Is that actually true and how can one tell? Is that because some teams are now starting to practice in a non contact limited numbers capacity? Really curious as like I mentioned neither of my daughters teams have had changes.

My daughters teams haven't seen much change at all that I am aware of. I wouldn't have thought there would be much change since nobody has really gotten back onto the field to physically see players. I saw someone mention, not sure which thread, that there has been a lot of movement in the last week. Is that actually true and how can one tell? Is that because some teams are now starting to practice in a non contact limited numbers capacity? Really curious as like I mentioned neither of my daughters teams have had changes.
July 1st is when the rosters will be made public for all to know. Talks are still going on. Some families are still trying to figure out a few things as well. A good coach will only talk about your kid, no one else's kiddo. "Hey coach, I'm thinking of coming to your team. My dd is the "10" and one of the best. Who you got on the team for next year? Whose coming and going?" Anyone who knows this information already is the TM or on the inside or has a coach blowing smoke. Watch out for talkers and my 100% advice is to have many grains of salt :) Most top coaches tell no one anything except get ready to train and kick ass!! July 1st baby!! I hear this will be the best season ever for U17 and I can;t wait :)

What age and level are the teams, as i'm sure that would have a big impact on whether rosters changed?

Here's what happened in CO this week. Real 04 second team tryouts in photo. Girls in white from other clubs (mostly Rapids)DMWX1387[1].JPG and others are prior Real ECNL/DPL team and lower Real teams. We had one girl retire from soccer, one member got promoted to the Top team and we ended up with one outside girl and 3 girls from within the club added to the existing team. Sadly last play during the tryouts one of our girls went down to a probable ACL and then we get a message that one player has been exposed to a positive Covid family member.

Here's what happened in CO this week. Real 04 second team tryouts in photo. Girls in white from other clubs (mostly Rapids)View attachment 7745 and others are prior Real ECNL/DPL team and lower Real teams. We had one girl retire from soccer, one member got promoted to the Top team and we ended up with one outside girl and 3 girls from within the club added to the existing team. Sadly last play during the tryouts one of our girls went down to a probable ACL and then we get a message that one player has been exposed to a positive Covid family member.
At least they are not that close to one another! Good Luck to all of you as things get back up and running!

Here's what happened in CO this week. Real 04 second team tryouts in photo. Girls in white from other clubs (mostly Rapids)View attachment 7745 and others are prior Real ECNL/DPL team and lower Real teams. We had one girl retire from soccer, one member got promoted to the Top team and we ended up with one outside girl and 3 girls from within the club added to the existing team. Sadly last play during the tryouts one of our girls went down to a probable ACL and then we get a message that one player has been exposed to a positive Covid family member.
Tough times in youth soccer every where and just life. Man, I want to see one more game but this is going to be very hard. I dont see it happening because of so many things I dont want to talk about anymore. I'm bummed but super appreciate the truth. Good luck CO!!!

Alarmist?

You're coming across as somebody who has some financial gain in the matter who's writing there own narrative. Are you a old time coach? telling parents they should ignore everything that's been published and written so far? What your angle let's be truthful about your real intentions are. Not clear to me why since obviously a parent wouldn't act they way you are.

Are you suggesting we all take your word for it, what are your credentials by the way? Maybe you did talk to some mystery coaches and they told you something nobody has verified or published that women soccer sholarships are at the same levels going forward. Just want to make it clear that your opinion is yours and I haven't seen any facts so far backing up the claims your are making.
I am not ignoring anything. I asked a simple question about facts. Even that article that was posted about 6 teams dropping women's soccer in the Covid era is not convincing because I know at least one of those schools made that decision well before Covid, and some of them are not NCAA schools. Why are people so pressed to make a blanket statement that coaches are offering less scholarships when they have no support for it. I don't understand why this is such a touchy subject. If coach of school X is doing it, just say that. If not, let's not post things that do not appear to be true.

I am not ignoring anything. I asked a simple question about facts. Even that article that was posted about 6 teams dropping women's soccer in the Covid era is not convincing because I know at least one of those schools made that decision well before Covid, and some of them are not NCAA schools. Why are people so pressed to make a blanket statement that coaches are offering less scholarships when they have no support for it. I don't understand why this is such a touchy subject. If coach of school X is doing it, just say that. If not, let's not post things that do not appear to be true.

still yapping and beating a dead horse move on already.

Asking for some ironclad proof by providing none of your own, really get over it.

We get your opinion if you want to needle pick find something else that's more important and try to contribute something meaningful instead of whatever your doing which nobody really understands but you.

still yapping and beating a dead horse move on already.

Asking for some ironclad proof by providing none of your own, really get over it.

We get your opinion if you want to needle pick find something else that's more important and try to contribute something meaningful instead of whatever your doing which nobody really understands but you.
How do I provide proof of people maintaining status quo? I am not the person who spread an apparently false rumor that scholarships are disappearing. I assumed we are adults on here, and have left junior high school gossip spreading. Scholarships are not disappearing by all publicity available information. Glad I could clear that up for people.

How do I provide proof of people maintaining status quo? I am not the person who spread an apparently false rumor that scholarships are disappearing. I assumed we are adults on here, and have left junior high school gossip spreading. Scholarships are not disappearing by all publicity available information. Glad I could clear that up for people.

Status quo and disappearing yeah that's what everyone has posted about, get a clue...you really should get in touch with reality one of these days

Status quo and disappearing yeah that's what everyone has posted about, get a clue...you really should get in touch with reality one of these days
Why the personal attacks. All this was ever about was which schools are reducing scholarships. I asked a simple question. Can we act like adults and have conversation here. Geez. I am done here so go ahead and get in one last juvenile shot here so we can let the adults have their thread back.

Why the personal attacks. All this was ever about was which schools are reducing scholarships. I asked a simple question. Can we act like adults and have conversation here. Geez. I am done here so go ahead and get in one last juvenile shot here so we can let the adults have their thread back.
I said that so many times. and guess what? I keep coming back for more and more and more. I'm actually learning a lot about the human. I hope you come back. I agree with you at this time is the status quo. I'm just concerned what it will look like for 2022 when that comes. I think the best thing we can all do is chill out and let's just pray that the girls who want to play some ball in August will be able to do so. In fact, let's do this. Lets play until November 2nd and then close down until after HS Soccer season is over in Feb?

Pretty simple you have a personal opinion and that's it, all good.

Everyone else has there own opinions so don't come here telling people there opinions are wrong or "false" like you keep doing and demand proof of this or that and then try to breakdown or needle pick some article they post referencing info they found about the subject.

You want proof of people's opinions on what might happen in the future. Not going to happen. Nobody can predict the future, whatever happens going forward we will see.

Be happy if kids get back out to regular training and full game play before the fall, after that we will see who's offering what for college after it all shakes out.

Our oldest daughter played ECNL in HS and loved it.

Son hadn't seen it as some thing he's interested in but tells me his phone has been blowing up all week about inquiry mostly from coaches he really not familiar with. My advice to him is to at least acknowledge that you received there messages even if you not interested. Guess the reshuffle will be going down in the next month to two.

There were a couple of ECNL clubs in NorCal that picked the DA bone clean on June 6. Just made phone calls and offered spots to the player of their choice. To my knowledge, never had tryouts. I've heard, 2nd hand, that several teams never had a tryout. Returnees were guaranteed spots, even 2nd team players that were moved up, and the "tryout" just never happened. I feel sorry for the girls outside the circle-of-trust that didn't know the game and never got an opportunity. Signed up for tryouts a month ago and got a "thanks but we're full so you get no shot" e-mail. Bullshit.

There were a couple of ECNL clubs in NorCal that picked the DA bone clean on June 6.
Is it correct that Placer is the carcass and Davis and San Juan are the buzzards? I haven't heard of much movement from the old Quakes' teams. Lamorinda is the only other area DA team that didn't get into ECNL.

There were a couple of ECNL clubs in NorCal that picked the DA bone clean on June 6. Just made phone calls and offered spots to the player of their choice. To my knowledge, never had tryouts. I've heard, 2nd hand, that several teams never had a tryout. Returnees were guaranteed spots, even 2nd team players that were moved up, and the "tryout" just never happened. I feel sorry for the girls outside the circle-of-trust that didn't know the game and never got an opportunity. Signed up for tryouts a month ago and got a "thanks but we're full so you get no shot" e-mail. Bullshit.
My prediction for rosters this fall (if we have a season).
ECNL teams will have rosters of 20-22 players. All other 11v11 teams will have between 12 and 14 players.

Back