How much ECNL roster movement on your kid’s team?

I thought this was a good article.
Wow... Article does make sense. Think the local community colleges may keep more athletic programs than the big ones. They are already used to running lean.

The money for sports programs and scholarships has been reduced and you may not be aware of the waivers that where granted. The previous levels of spending and budgets will not return for some time, will they recover to pre-covid19 levels?

Many universities on are facing a cash crunch that could overwhelm athletics programs. The NCAA, already has lost 1B dollars or more. 600M just from march madness. Hopefully football brings in some $$ but without fans that's going to be difficult.

Some schools have already promised a whole bunch of money to incoming freshmen. And they believed that we were going to be able to pay for that using the money that outgoing seniors would be vacating. And now some of them are not vacating.”

NCAA teams have the option of offering the year of eligibility with various scales of financial support, from full all the way to zero.
You are talking about springs sports (re: the extra year of eligibility). The NCAA is being gracious enough to offer them an extra year. That is not what I was talking about here. I am also fully aware of universities financial hit during the pandemic. Your numbers look all nice. But, please tell me one women's soccer program that you know of that has reduced their scholarships? I am not interested in negative hysteria. Just facts.

You are talking about springs sports (re: the extra year of eligibility). The NCAA is being gracious enough to offer them an extra year. That is not what I was talking about here. I am also fully aware of universities financial hit during the pandemic. Your numbers look all nice. But, please tell me one women's soccer program that you know of that has reduced their scholarships? I am not interested in negative hysteria. Just facts.
There's a site that is keeping track of colleges that have dropped sports. I'm not sure it's fully up-to-date, but you can look it up by sport and gender. Looks like six women's soccer programs have been lost thus far since March 23. All pretty small schools, with five of the six being lost because the schools themselves are closing. None D1, but two were D2, including Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, California, which is the only women's soccer program that is being cut while the school stays in existence.

Nine men's soccer programs have been lost, including five of the six from the women's side (4 that were closing plus Notre Dame de Namur), plus Cincinnati, Appalachian State, and St. Edwards in Austin, TX (D2).

http://almanac.mattalkonline.com/covid-19-era-dropped-sports/

You can bury your head in the sand and think that soccer sholarship money is not being reduced or you can face the facts that it's already been done it's up to you. Perhaps you should read the threads in the college forum if you want some if the details about the granted waivers that allows the school to spend differently.

There's a site that is keeping track of colleges that have dropped sports. I'm not sure it's fully up-to-date, but you can look it up by sport and gender. Looks like six women's soccer programs have been lost thus far since March 23. All pretty small schools, with five of the six being lost because the schools themselves are closing. None D1, but two were D2, including Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, California, which is the only women's soccer program that is being cut while the school stays in existence.

Nine men's soccer programs have been lost, including five of the six from the women's side (4 that were closing plus Notre Dame de Namur), plus Cincinnati, Appalachian State, and St. Edwards in Austin, TX (D2).

Notre Dame de Namur is probably closing, too. They are just trying to keep alive long enough for existing students to transfer or graduate.

You can bury your head in the sand and think that soccer sholarship money is not being reduced or you can face the facts that it's already been done it's up to you. Perhaps you should read the threads in the college forum if you want some if the details about the granted waivers that allows the school to spend differently.

Some well endowed or private universities Maybe not as affected as much but normal public schools yeah the spending amounts on soccer have been or will be reduced. Instead of giving out 7 full now you will see 7 partials or whatever the athletic directors deciced to spend more/less on with these new guidelines. There is a pool of money not something specific that say soccer has to have xyz as far as I know

Some programs (CCA) are not even running soccer this year in fall as the conference has been suspended but I understand they are still honoring previously sholarships commitments.

Overall with football revenue being off this year no matter what more reductions are likely overall. With the billion dollar+ deficit some of these universities systems face I would'nt count on sholarships money being any where near what it once was for soccer anytime with the next few years.

Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, California made that decision last year. It has nothing to do with COVID.

My head is not in the sand. I am simply asking for facts, and it appears you have none for me. Name one women's soccer program who has said they are reducing scholarships because of COVID?

Some well endowed or private universities Maybe not as affected as much but normal public schools yeah the spending amounts on soccer have been or will be reduced. Instead of giving out 7 full now you will see 7 partials or whatever the athletic directors deciced to spend more/less on with these new guidelines. There is a pool of money not something specific that say soccer has to have xyz as far as I know

Some programs (CCA) are not even running soccer this year in fall as the conference has been suspended but I understand they are still honoring previously sholarships commitments.

Overall with football revenue being off this year no matter what more reductions are likely overall. With the billion dollar+ deficit some of these universities systems face I would'nt count on sholarships money being any where near what it once was for soccer anytime with the next few years.
The only conference that is not playing this fall that I have heard is a Division II California conference. But they plan to play in the spring. So yes they are still honoring scholarships and the season at this time.

My head is not in the sand. I am simply asking for facts, and it appears you have none for me. Name one women's soccer program who has said they are reducing scholarships because of COVID?

Not exactly what you are asking for but this is just the beginning. Schools are desperate for revenue to maintain sports and offer scholarships.

Schools desperate for financial relief
A letter to NCAA president Mark Emmert from the Group of Five commissioners obtained by Yahoo Sports on Tuesday offers searing insight into the financial constraints felt at that level and the potential for a landscape that could look much different when sports return to campus. The fallout being discussed by those commissioners includes the potential elimination of postseason conference tournaments and shortened seasons in non-revenue sports.
The letter from the commissioners of the AAC, Mountain West, MAC, Sun Belt and Conference USA asked for alterations of NCAA bylaws in the wake of COVID-19 in order to save money. The letter asks for “temporary relief from several regulatory requirements for a period of up to four years” in order to provide “short-term relief.” The letter hopes that this relief will provide “opportunity for institutions to retrench and rebuild the financial structures of the institution.”
The requirements the conference commissioners asked for relief from hint at the fiscal peril of schools and leagues outside college athletics’ so-called Power Five. The most relevant among them is relief from the minimum number of “Sports Sponsorships,” as every FBS school is required to have a “minimum number of 16 varsity intercollegiate sports.”
Other requests range from waiving football attendance requirements, the minimum number of contests to be played in varying sports to both scheduling and financial aid requirements.
Mountain West Conference commissioner Craig Thompson, who signed the letter, told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday that the point was to come up with ways to make financial pinches in order to avoid sports being cut.

Example of a school already reducing their budgets

You can't read or comprehend since your unwilling but there examples after examples already posted but go ahead and ignore them and believe what ever you want. Reality doesn't care about your opinion, ask college coaches if they are now offering women college soccer sholarships at the same level pre-covid and let us know how that goes.

You havent posted a single fact, article, or anything backing up you claim that sholarships money is the same but go ahead and show proof that it is.

You can't read or comprehend since your unwilling but there examples after examples already posted but go ahead and ignore them and believe what ever you want. Reality doesn't care about your opinion, ask college coaches if they are now offering women college soccer sholarships at the same level pre-covid and let us know how that goes.

You havent posted a single fact, article, or anything backing up you claim that sholarships money is the same but go ahead and show proof that it is.
This is b.s. What you have posted is schools saying they are hurting financially. I fully understand that. But, I talk to a lot of college coaches, and not a single one has said they are reducing scholarships. Reducing travel budgets is not reducing scholarships. Why are you so determined to state that schools are reducing scholarships when so far there is not a single school anyone can name. I am more than interested if anyone knows any school. But a bunch of parents on here bringing forth hysteria that may not be true is really unnecessary.

Why are you so determined to state that schools are reducing scholarships when so far there is not a single school anyone can name. I am more than interested if anyone knows any school. But a bunch of parents on here bringing forth hysteria that may not be true is really unnecessary.

how about this. I mean the title is very clear around scholarship spending. Now it won’t impact any commitments made already but the class of 2021-2022 will be impacted.

how about this. I mean the title is very clear around scholarship spending. Now it won’t impact any commitments made already but the class of 2021-2022 will be impacted.

That article does not state a single women's soccer team that is offering less scholarships though. In fact it does not mention soccer at all. It simply says the NCAA will be more lenient on its rules about the totality of scholarships a Division I program must offer (on a case by case basis). Schools must apply for a waiver that is good for only one year.

All I have asked is that the alarmists simply tell me which schools are cutting women's soccer scholarships, and not a single person has been able to answer that question. So it seems there is no truth to these statements at this time. I just wanted to know which schools.

The NCAA approved a waiver that will allow schools to spend below the minimum level on athletic scholarships required to compete in Division I.
... Division I schools are required to offer a minimum of 200 athletic grants-in-aid per year or spend at least $4 million in grants-in-aid on athletes, and provide 90% of the permissible maximum grants-in-aid in football over a rolling two-year period.
Those minimums will be waived for one year.
"This waiver does not provide relief from other financial aid rules, including financial aid commitments to prospective and current student-athletes or regulations related to the cancellation or reduction of financial aid,'' the NCAA release said.

That article does not state a single women's soccer team that is offering less scholarships though. In fact it does not mention soccer at all. It simply says the NCAA will be more lenient on its rules about the totality of scholarships a Division I program must offer (on a case by case basis). Schools must apply for a waiver that is good for only one year.
Six smaller schools so far have cancelled women's soccer. This site is tracking all college sports programs.

The game roster size for ECNL and most of tournamentse should be 18 players. So, four players would not be invited for each game. It was very common at DA, which usually had large roster size.
No, DA actually had smaller rosters in So. Cal. maybe in your area they were bigger. The exception is the oldest group, high school seniors, U18, because of the demand on their schedules (school, work, soccer, senior events, college apps., testing (SAT/ACT, AP, etc.) they tend to have bigger rosters.

All I have asked is that the alarmists simply tell me which schools are cutting women's soccer scholarships, and not a single person has been able to answer that question. So it seems there is no truth to these statements at this time. I just wanted to know which schools.

The NCAA approved a waiver that will allow schools to spend below the minimum level on athletic scholarships required to compete in Division I.
... Division I schools are required to offer a minimum of 200 athletic grants-in-aid per year or spend at least $4 million in grants-in-aid on athletes, and provide 90% of the permissible maximum grants-in-aid in football over a rolling two-year period.
Those minimums will be waived for one year.
"This waiver does not provide relief from other financial aid rules, including financial aid commitments to prospective and current student-athletes or regulations related to the cancellation or reduction of financial aid,'' the NCAA release said.

Alarmist?

You're coming across as somebody who has some financial gain in the matter who's writing there own narrative. Are you a old time coach? telling parents they should ignore everything that's been published and written so far? What your angle let's be truthful about your real intentions are. Not clear to me why since obviously a parent wouldn't act they way you are.

Are you suggesting we all take your word for it, what are your credentials by the way? Maybe you did talk to some mystery coaches and they told you something nobody has verified or published that women soccer sholarships are at the same levels going forward. Just want to make it clear that your opinion is yours and I haven't seen any facts so far backing up the claims your are making.

Back