How much ECNL roster movement on your kid’s team?

My prediction for rosters this fall (if we have a season).
ECNL teams will have rosters of 20-22 players. All other 11v11 teams will have between 12 and 14 players.
Coach Buck, what's the % we play fall ball? I say 50/50 and it's sliding down.

There were a couple of ECNL clubs in NorCal that picked the DA bone clean on June 6. Just made phone calls and offered spots to the player of their choice. To my knowledge, never had tryouts. I've heard, 2nd hand, that several teams never had a tryout. Returnees were guaranteed spots, even 2nd team players that were moved up, and the "tryout" just never happened. I feel sorry for the girls outside the circle-of-trust that didn't know the game and never got an opportunity. Signed up for tryouts a month ago and got a "thanks but we're full so you get no shot" e-mail. Bullshit.

So the top level girls got added and the others did not.... What's the issue? Do you not think coaches want the best players, that there is a conspiracy? How can you have tryout during a lockdown...... Should clubs have waited until August.... missed out on the top players and then told the girls they knew weren't good enough, "sorry, you got no shot".... ?

My prediction for rosters this fall (if we have a season).
ECNL teams will have rosters of 20-22 players. All other 11v11 teams will have between 12 and 14 players.

Hoping my DDs roster is not 20-22, it would make for a lot of unrest among the kids and families with only 18 allowed on game day roster.....

So the top level girls got added and the others did not.... What's the issue? Do you not think coaches want the best players, that there is a conspiracy? How can you have tryout during a lockdown...... Should clubs have waited until August.... missed out on the top players and then told the girls they knew weren't good enough, "sorry, you got no shot".... ?

The issue is that team advertised tryouts, cherry picked the players they wanted and cancelled tryouts. It's not the cherry picking that bothered me... everyone had the same level playing field for that. The problem is that girls who weren't savvy to it were declined an opportunity to tryout at all.

If you advertise tryouts during a lockdown, and you have people sign up during a lockdown, have the tryouts during a lockdown. Nobody would have missed out on anything if everyone was held to the same standard.

Hoping my DDs roster is not 20-22, it would make for a lot of unrest among the kids and families with only 18 allowed on game day roster.....
Maybe they'll have 22 on the roster and 15 on the ECRL roster and bounce players back and forth. But I've heard of several clubs having more than 18 players listed on their ECNL roster. (Slammers and Blues to name a few)

Maybe they'll have 22 on the roster and 15 on the ECRL roster and bounce players back and forth. But I've heard of several clubs having more than 18 players listed on their ECNL roster. (Slammers and Blues to name a few)

All usclub and the roster limits are like 22-26 per team depending on which league but only 18 game day mostly so can move players to some degree.

What I've seen done in the past in USclub club teams will have players listed on one primary roster but have say 3-4 different teams (ECNL(x2), RL, NPL). There is space left open on the primary rostered teams say max of 18 so 4 to 6 players can be moved in/out for example per week. One or more of other teams has lower roster numbers so they have more open spots and the shuffle happens, can only be on one roster at a time but can move among them per week. Some will not move and others will hop around.

Depends on the club some have more fixed rosters and not much of any movement unless injuries come up.

All usclub and the roster limits are like 22-26 per team depending on which league but only 18 game day mostly so can move players to some degree.

What I've seen done in the past in USclub club teams will have players listed on one primary roster but have say 3-4 different teams (ECNL(x2), RL, NPL). There is space left open on the primary rostered teams say max of 18 so 4 to 6 players can be moved in/out for example per week. One or more of other teams has lower roster numbers so they have more open spots and the shuffle happens, can only be on one roster at a time but can move among them per week. Some will not move and others will hop around.

Depends on the club some have more fixed rosters and not much of any movement unless injuries come up.

Oh yeah forgot to mention can only be on one roster at a time per league ( thanks for the PM) but could dual roster players among leagues so could be on the ECNL, RL, and NPL team rosters all at the same time without having to move players around on the rosters weekly that can be a hassle.

Our oldest daughter played ECNL in HS and loved it.

Son hadn't seen it as some thing he's interested in but tells me his phone has been blowing up all week about inquiry mostly from coaches he really not familiar with. My advice to him is to at least acknowledge that you received there messages even if you not interested. Guess the reshuffle will be going down in the next month to two.

hahaha funniest thing I’ve read so far. You’re son’s phone???? You’re either a liar or delusional.

It is correct. Not sure what happened to all those Quakes players. Again, many were driving up to 2 hours 1 way for practice. Do you continue doing that now?
I would say in the 04 and 06 age groups they would as both of those groups were getting results as far as the DA competition was. In the GA there might not be the same level in NorCAL, but they will still play NPL against all of the ECNL teams so I would assume those that were getting minutes would continue to do so with FC Bay Area.

I would assume 20-22 would be a good number -- good for solid numbers at every practice, good in case of injuries, good for campus visits, flexibility between ECNL/ECRL and NPL games on same days/weekends

hahaha funniest thing I’ve read so far. You’re son’s phone???? You’re either a liar or delusional.

Ok whatever but son Is a HS senior so he corresponds directly, I dont helicopter will him and never did. I haven't electronically corresponded, texted, or email any coach or propect since he was in middle school but carry on laughing at yourself. If you want to call people names go back to whatever rock your hiding under.

Ok whatever but son Is a HS senior so he corresponds directly, I dont helicopter will him and never did. I haven't electronically corresponded, texted, or email any coach or propect since he was in middle school but carry on laughing at yourself. If you want to call people names go back to whatever rock your hiding under.
Ya sure. The more you talk the less I believe you. For someone who is so uninvolved in your son’s soccer life you’re sure involved on this soccer forum Doubtful an adult soccer coach would initiate contact with a minor.

Ya sure. The more you talk the less I believe you. For someone who is so uninvolved in your son’s soccer life you’re sure involved on this soccer forum Doubtful an adult soccer coach would initiate contact with a minor.
not taking sides, just sharing experiences. But my DD has been contacted directly by a few Coaches prior to the new NCAA rules. However they always went thru our Coach (who contacted us for permission) first.

You must be new to soccer, the forum or something?

The more you post the more it's obviously you don't know but dont let ignorance stop you from making judgments and calling people names.

What you do is your business I don't care but don't come here and tell me I'm this or that because your what to assume some things you know nothing about.

not taking sides, just sharing experiences. But my DD has been contacted directly by a few Coaches prior to the new NCAA rules. However they always went thru our Coach (who contacted us for permission) first.

For college coaches best to have as little parent involvement as possible.
https://rlopezcoaching.com/coachs-insight/parents-should-not-contact-college-coaches/

For club obviously for the youngers the parents are the main conduit.

Olders kind of a mixed bag but normally a good practice and habit is to have the players do all the talking with the coaching staff. Parents talk to the managers about the other stuff.

Besides some pleasant short conversation, thanks and whatnot I had very little discussion about my player with the coaches in the olders group. At some point when they played so many years almost every one local knows each other and the kids share info or talk to a coach about their friends or players they would like them to consider.

Exactly, with your permission. You knew about it. Not out of the blue direct contact.

So unbelievable that a kids phone is blowing up with calls from coaches he doesn’t know. Just pointing out BS.

Lafalafa, agreed, sad.

Exactly, with your permission. You knew about it. Not out of the blue direct contact.

So unbelievable that a kids phone is blowing up with calls from coaches he doesn’t know. Just pointing out BS.

Lafalafa, agreed, sad.
Wait.....you agree with what Lafalafa said, “For college coaches best to have as little parent involvement as possible.” But think it’s “unbelievable that a kids phone is blowing up with calls from coaches he doesn’t know”

whether it’s BS or not, your stance is tough to follow.

Lafalafa, agreed, sad.

Your pointing out your complete lack of awareness or understanding to how message boards work and how kids interact with one another.

Since I like charity cases I will indulging on this one. Blowing up does not mean what your foaming at the mouth about...nor did I say coaches where calling my player out of the blue, making your own story up as you go.

kids message each other a lot, and my players been in the mix with his various groups & friends taking about this or that, soccer teams are a hotter topic this week. A few coaches contacted him via text referrals, that's it and your going crazy about nothing.

Back