How much ECNL roster movement on your kid’s team?

Your pointing out your complete lack of awareness or understanding to how message boards work and how kids interact with one another.

Since I like charity cases I will indulging on this one. Blowing up does not mean what your foaming at the mouth about...nor did I say coaches where calling my player out of the blue, making your own story up as you go.

kids message each other a lot, and my players been in the mix with his various groups & friends taking about this or that, soccer teams are a hotter topic this week. A few coaches contacted him via text referrals, that's it and your going crazy about nothing.
I was referring to lafalafa’s sad emoji on my post.

So your son’s phone blowing up mostly from coaches he’s so so familiar with means what you just tried to back track to. My bad. Still don’t believe you. Coaches don’t contact minors directly initially. if they do they might not have a job for too much longer.

For college coaches best to have as little parent involvement as possible.
https://rlopezcoaching.com/coachs-insight/parents-should-not-contact-college-coaches/

For club obviously for the youngers the parents are the main conduit.

Olders kind of a mixed bag but normally a good practice and habit is to have the players do all the talking with the coaching staff. Parents talk to the managers about the other stuff.

Besides some pleasant short conversation, thanks and whatnot I had very little discussion about my player with the coaches in the olders group. At some point when they played so many years almost every one local knows each other and the kids share info or talk to a coach about their friends or players they would like them to consider.
Wait!!! Wait a minute! I just read this and jpeter’s last post. You and him must be friends or something lol

Wait.....you agree with what Lafalafa said, “For college coaches best to have as little parent involvement as possible.” But think it’s “unbelievable that a kids phone is blowing up with calls from coaches he doesn’t know”

whether it’s BS or not, your stance is tough to follow.
I know someone whose dd committed today as a 2022. Gongrats old friend and all the hard work has paid off. Nursing program and D1 soccer. What's not to like about that....:) Waited for the right school, right coach and right deal and off to to the races she goes. Still wants to win ECNL championship to add to her hardware......:) I'm so pumped for the season to start.

I know someone whose dd committed today as a 2022. Gongrats old friend and all the hard work has paid off. Nursing program and D1 soccer. What's not to like about that....:) Waited for the right school, right coach and right deal and off to to the races she goes. Still wants to win ECNL championship to add to her hardware......:) I'm so pumped for the season to start.

Nice graduations to them.

Niece just graduated from nursing program this past month, was a bit touch & go to finish the clinical parts since they had to fight and petition to get back into facilities.
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CCU) is tough. Nurses are held to such a high standard they deserve the recognition and pay. Wish other professional where held to those standards sometimes but that's for another topic.

Exactly, with your permission. You knew about it. Not out of the blue direct contact.

So unbelievable that a kids phone is blowing up with calls from coaches he doesn’t know. Just pointing out BS.

Lafalafa, agreed, sad.
My dd gets emails from coaches directly and then they set up a time to talk. I have never had a conversation with any of the coaches. She had a coach call her cell yesterday at 12. They talked for about 20 minutes.

I was referring to lafalafa’s sad emoji on my post.

So your son’s phone blowing up mostly from coaches he’s so so familiar with means what you just tried to back track to. My bad. Still don’t believe you. Coaches don’t contact minors directly initially. if they do they might not have a job for too much longer.

Give it up you have no idea what your talking about. If you want to dissect people's post get another hobby. No body back tracked anything and coaches can text anybody they want after June 15 after sophomore year or September 1 of their junior year of high school and guess what there minors.

Are you always a fool or do you just play one on messages boards?

Give it up you have no idea what your talking about. If you want to dissect people's post get another hobby. No body back tracked anything and coaches can text anybody they want after June 15 after sophomore year or September 1 of their junior year of high school and guess what there minors.

Are you always a fool or do you just play one on messages boards?
Esta buen jpeter. No te agüites. Carry on with your falsehoods.

Practices started up
Coaches don’t contact minors directly initially.

Having a hard time following this discussion, but this one point caught my eye. My oldest is a 2007. Going into 8th grade. She has club coaches and various trainers follow her instagram and comment on her soccer posts. It’s all a recruiting tool. If a coach wants a player they will seek the kid out, either through the parent or directly to the player.

Hoping my DDs roster is not 20-22, it would make for a lot of unrest among the kids and families with only 18 allowed on game day roster.....
My daughters ecnl team has 20 rostered but two are regional players who will only play if a couple of the 18 cannot play because of high school stuff or injuries.

Practices started up

Having a hard time following this discussion, but this one point caught my eye. My oldest is a 2007. Going into 8th grade. She has club coaches and various trainers follow her instagram and comment on her soccer posts. It’s all a recruiting tool. If a coach wants a player they will seek the kid out, either through the parent or directly to the player.
True dat. When my dd was in 8th grade, we were asked on numerous occasions to send emails so coaches could call her but we said no. Fast forward to June 15th this year. My dd is not the greatest of all time like I thought.....lol! I wasn;t expecting ((dreaming? Hell yes!! )) the coaches to hunt down my cell number to get permission from papa to speak to the Rocket.
With Surf Cup coming up soon, she plans to send her emails after Independence Day and encourage them to watch her play or if they cant make it, she can send them the whole game videos. The best thing about me not letting my goat send emails as 8th grader was this. She only wanted to play by the beach in Cali and wanted to go to big time football games. Today, she is open to going to college anywhere in the Union and that makes her choices open up a lot more. Maybe send 20 emails and then later narrow it down to three. Go on official visits and then make a decision when the timing is right. I'm hearing some really good news with interest for the 2022s. I know this age has gone through a lot. Go 2022s!!!!

Practices started up

Are you comfortable with that? I'd say it's borderline inappropriate.

Are you comfortable with that? I'd say it's borderline inappropriate.

My kid is far from a super star. Probably in the 4-6 range on her own ECNL team. I know it gets even worse with the top players.

Mine posts videos she makes juggling, shooting, stuff like that, along with some game footage. Most of her teammates do it as well. I’m fine with the “nice job” posts, stuff like that. On the few occasions there has been direct contact about joining a training session (either electronically or in person after a game) she brings that straight to me and I communicate with the coach/trainer.

My kid is far from a super star. Probably in the 4-6 range on her own ECNL team. I know it gets even worse with the top players.

Mine posts videos she makes juggling, shooting, stuff like that, along with some game footage. Most of her teammates do it as well. I’m fine with the “nice job” posts, stuff like that. On the few occasions there has been direct contact about joining a training session (either electronically or in person after a game) she brings that straight to me and I communicate with the coach/trainer.

I'm sure you're on top of all that... good to hear. Maybe I'm just over protective. I just wonder how coaches have time to monitor social media accounts of prospective players. We all keep hearing how busy they are, you know?

I'm sure you're on top of all that... good to hear. Maybe I'm just over protective. I just wonder how coaches have time to monitor social media accounts of prospective players. We all keep hearing how busy they are, you know?

Right? These Zoom sessions were so time consuming.

Both my 2007 daughter & 2009 son (at different clubs) have been back to practice for about 3 weeks now. So far, so good. Both really excited to be back out there, even in the heat.

Coaches what to know about perspective players beyond soccer what their characters are, outside activities, school, reputation,etc so how do they do that nowadays? well they look at all your social media that's for sure. There are privacy settings that can be used to minimize the risk. Beyond that they will also talk to other coaches not your own only about you as a player or person.

This is first hand experience we found out during the process, some do better at social media or representing themselfs or interacting when they get the opportunity for more direct contact. No one size fits all but social media is being actively looked at by coaching staffs.

I just wonder how coaches have time to monitor social media accounts of prospective players. We all keep hearing how busy they are, you know?
They have staff members who monitor/maintain the Social Media of their program and monitor prospects.
I know of a player who had their offer rescinded for a particular post that “was not inline with the standards of....”.

They have staff members who monitor/maintain the Social Media of their program and monitor prospects.
I know of a player who had their offer rescinded for a particular post that “was not inline with the standards of....”.
100% right. Scary having freaking adults follower minors around and what they post. Plus, the old Docs had snitches on teams and use that against a 13 year old so watch out for all that stuff too. Look, a kid needs to be a kid. Social media is insane. I had a friend lose his job a year ago because of this and that and post he wrote. He sued and settled. I also heard this scary story. I perfect Karen showed up to college campus and the true Karen came with her. Well, Karen quit and partied instead after summer workouts as Fr. She did get into her dream school and all is good. Many ways to play the "perfect Karen" roll. I say be your self and find a coach that is comfortable with the real you because the real you will be there all alone without mommy or daddy to run across the field wondering why dd didnt play. Yikes!!!!

Moral of the story......Keep your personal account private, Don’t post stupid stuff or pictures of you drunk with friends at a party. ESPECIALLY if you’re following and being followed by Athletic programs.

Moral of the story......Keep your personal account private, Don’t post stupid stuff or pictures of you drunk with friends at a party. ESPECIALLY if you’re following and being followed by Athletic programs.

Even more so in the real world. No employer wants to see political tirades or worse all over a prospective employee’s social media accounts. Can’t for the life of me figure out why people can’t grasp that.

Back