ECNL Texas snub ... ?

Yep, same here (with exception of high school) haven’t played ECNL match since November 2019. Crazy.
So crazy. My dd has played in like 9 real leagues GDA or ECNL in almost three years now. One game every four months. She has been surfing, skate boarding, hiking, painting and now private ceramic class.

Yep, same here (with exception of high school) - haven’t played ECNL match since November 2019. Crazy.
Adding to this, they have not been able to scrimmage or have contact in training since March of 2020. Currently, the city won't give them fields and they are crammed into one of the few private facilities in the county (Santa Clara).

Why do you think they will decide not to attend if the guidelines don't change? Teams from SoCal attended Surf Cup against the guidelines, right? I have seen SoCal youth baseball teams going back to Arizona to play the last couple of weekends. I suspect some SoCal teams will attend Texas regardless of guidelines.
Majority of the teams signed up are from NorCal. Restrictions in their area are tighter than in SoCal. I have also heard/has been posted on other threads that counties will enforce their rules thus clubs are being careful to avoid repercussions.

Majority of the teams signed up are from NorCal. Restrictions in their area are tighter than in SoCal. I have also heard/has been posted on other threads that counties will enforce their rules thus clubs are being careful to avoid repercussions.
I believe some of the NorCal teams signed up and are hoping travel restrictions change by February so that they can attend.

We’ve ruined half the threads on this site with covid talk. Do you have to ruin the Texas thread, too?

Just drop it.

Really? There were two comments about CA’s approach being ridiculous and another about it being silly before I said anything. Then I said nothing offensive in response only to be told that I make vile, useless insults even when I did not here. I concede the latter is often true when I respond to other vile, useless comments by others, but all of you seem to think that’s a one way street.

Y’all want a fact free zone to whine incessantly about CA’s social distancing regulations. No. If you snowflakes want to talk about soccer, talk about soccer and everything is fine. If you want to talk about CA’s policies, and it seems very much like y’all can’t help yourselves, I’m happy to do that also. God you’re all so mentally fragile that you think you can say whatever you want but can’t handle disagreement. It is seriously pathetic.

Why do you think they will decide not to attend if the guidelines don't change? Teams from SoCal attended Surf Cup against the guidelines, right? I have seen SoCal youth baseball teams going back to Arizona to play the last couple of weekends. I suspect some SoCal teams will attend Texas regardless of guidelines.
The clubs will put their ability to operate at risk if they ignore the guidelines....especially in counties where they adhere in a very strict way.

Ok, I didn't realize NorCal restrictions were tighter than SoCal. We are in SoCal. I don't think the travel restrictions have changed here, but I know other youth sports teams are back traveling to other states now (Arizona and Utah again), including baseball, basketball and water polo.

The clubs will put their ability to operate at risk if they ignore the guidelines....especially in counties where they adhere in a very strict way.
SoCal counties must not be as strict as I haven't heard of any teams here getting in trouble for traveling for Surf Cup (right?). The soccer tournaments at Coachella took place the last two weekends with lots of teams in each age group (primarily from SoCal). There is a high school water polo tournament in Utah this weekend with 20+ SoCal teams attending. It seems like the restrictions aren't necessarily keeping all SoCal teams away from traveling anymore.

SoCal counties must not be as strict as I haven't heard of any teams here getting in trouble for traveling for Surf Cup (right?). The soccer tournaments at Coachella took place the last two weekends with lots of teams in each age group (primarily from SoCal). There is a high school water polo tournament in Utah this weekend with 20+ SoCal teams attending. It seems like the restrictions aren't necessarily keeping all SoCal teams away from traveling anymore.
That's probably true. As @lastman said, it's really county to county in terms of how they enforce. Too risky for some clubs until advisory is lifted.

CalSouth provided player cards for Surf. ECNL only accepts US Soccer. US Soccer has made clear that their insurance will not cover teams traveling against state guidelines. The clubs are all coordinating together. They have a meeting with ECNL today about this topic. They will not travel unless the guidelines change.

Real So Cal are sending our u-18 ECNL team but it looks like just Real and Breakers are the clubs going from So Cal..... I am glad Real is getting our older girls seen and the chance for some younger kids to play with them.....Rebels were out in the Carolina showcase in late 2020...... Surf, Blues and LAFC Slammers are the big power three in So Cal but there is lots of talent spread throughout the 14 So Cal ECNL clubs it is just not as deep as it is at those three power house clubs...... but a lack of games makes it hard to show the best results for the So Cal teams as was seen in November when Surf u-16 went 0-3 at the event.....it is a crazy results year for sports but results are not the main thing...... getting our kids seen and getting them as much good soccer as can be had until things get back to normal is all we can hope for.......I pray for a return to normality soon........

Real So Cal are sending our u-18 ECNL team but it looks like just Real and Breakers are the clubs going from So Cal..... I am glad Real is getting our older girls seen and the chance for some younger kids to play with them.....Rebels were out in the Carolina showcase in late 2020...... Surf, Blues and LAFC Slammers are the big power three in So Cal but there is lots of talent spread throughout the 14 So Cal ECNL clubs it is just not as deep as it is at those three power house clubs...... but a lack of games makes it hard to show the best results for the So Cal teams as was seen in November when Surf u-16 went 0-3 at the event.....it is a crazy results year for sports but results are not the main thing...... getting our kids seen and getting them as much good soccer as can be had until things get back to normal is all we can hope for.......I pray for a return to normality soon........
How are you getting away with sending those teams? Are the clubs just taking a "better to ask for forgiveness later" approach?

It’s interesting that you’re so upset with CA’s vaccine roll out plan, yet it’s crickets from you about the federal government’s complete lack of one.

Here comes the other playbook. nice....we will say things are going to change, but they really don't. Kinda the way government works. But since your religion is government, you'll gladly listen to the sermon, telling you how things are going to change for the better, trust them. I see it now, the federal government putting on the cape and flying in for the rescue.

For everyone sake, I do hope they work out the bugs soon for production, distribution and vaccination - from the federal government on down. Enough blame to go around for everyone.

Yes same species, but only one state, CA, is trying to save the lives of its citizens. TX does not care who dies so long as little Sally can play soccer, or daddy go to the bar. Kind of like how CA and TX differ on things like education and infant mortality. But at least TX has a $7.25 per hour minimum wage.

^ Fun!

Crazy misguided post, and poor guy (in more ways than one it seems) didn't know that I'm a SoCal native :cool:

Thanks LASTMAN --

Another of my please excuse my ignorance of the intricacies of the unfortunate sitch out west questions ...

How/why in THE hell would any county/local government official know (or care to know) about, or have the resources to track, a few kids flying to TX? Has CA already seceded?

Really? There were two comments about CA’s approach being ridiculous and another about it being silly before I said anything. Then I said nothing offensive in response only to be told that I make vile, useless insults even when I did not here. I concede the latter is often true when I respond to other vile, useless comments by others, but all of you seem to think that’s a one way street.

Y’all want a fact free zone to whine incessantly about CA’s social distancing regulations. No. If you snowflakes want to talk about soccer, talk about soccer and everything is fine. If you want to talk about CA’s policies, and it seems very much like y’all can’t help yourselves, I’m happy to do that also. God you’re all so mentally fragile that you think you can say whatever you want but can’t handle disagreement. It is seriously pathetic.
OK...let’s keep it on topic. Is your kids Club traveling to Texas for the Showcase?

Thanks LASTMAN --

Another of my please excuse my ignorance of the intricacies of the unfortunate sitch out west questions ...

How/why in THE hell would any county/local government official know (or care to know) about, or have the resources to track, a few kids flying to TX? Has CA already seceded?
They wouldn’t, and that’s not the reason clubs wouldn’t attend. Clubs don’t want to take the liability risk if us club insurance is not in effect.

I also heard ECNL will not allow clubs to attend in violation of CA health guidelines and that no CA clubs went to Florida showcase. I haven’t verified that. I wonder how that jives with what Futboldad1 said about RealSoCal U18’s?

They wouldn’t, and that’s not the reason clubs wouldn’t attend. Clubs don’t want to take the liability risk if us club insurance is not in effect.

I also heard ECNL will not allow clubs to attend in violation of CA health guidelines and that no CA clubs went to Florida showcase. I haven’t verified that. I wonder how that jives with what Futboldad1 said about RealSoCal U18’s?
I would say that ECNL rumor is false. ECNL teams are traveling, including in other states where the guidelines say otherwise.

Back