ECNL Texas snub ... ?

Guess I'm just struggling to comprehend how/why HS soccer (recreational/for fun/social level) would take precedent or have authority over competitive club level soccer ...

Must be another Planet California thing?

Guess I'm just struggling to comprehend how/why HS soccer (recreational/for fun/social level) would take precedent or have authority over competitive club level soccer ...

Can’t put a blanket statement out like that. Not everyone is hyped about HS soccer. It really depends on the program cause some HS’s have strong Coaches and others have Coaches who tell their teams to go run drills while they sit on their phones.

This year it is up to the players to decide if they want to play club or if they want to play HS. Yesterday CIF said you can't be in 2 cohorts at the same time so you can't play both. The real fun part is that some HS coaches are also club coaches, so they are in a difficult spot and have to decide which job to perform.

Can’t put a blanket statement out like that. Not everyone is hyped about HS soccer. It really depends on the program cause some HS’s have strong Coaches and others have Coaches who tell their teams to go run drills while they sit on their phones.
This is why I said no to being a PE Teacher and Hoops HS coach for a living. First of all, I would have made everyone in my PE classes run and run some more and I would have been fired by the Principle for being to hard on the kids. I would also demand healthy habits for a healthy life. The opposite is also a problem. Most of the faculty at High Schools and Colleges struggle with the lazy PE Teacher/Head Baseball coach types. This guy typically starts teaching after 2. During PE class he rolls the balls out and sits and looks on his phone. Dad will look out his math class and get all pissed. He would snitch on the coach and depending on how the baseball team is doing and stature with program will determine if Dad will be told to STFU or a big thank you.

This is why I said no to being a PE Teacher and Hoops HS coach for a living. First of all, I would have made everyone in my PE classes run and run some more and I would have been fired by the Principle for being to hard on the kids. I would also demand healthy habits for a healthy life. The opposite is also a problem. Most of the faculty at High Schools and Colleges struggle with the lazy PE Teacher/Head Baseball coach types. This guy typically starts teaching after 2. During PE class he rolls the balls out and sits and looks on his phone. Dad will look out his math class and get all pissed. He would snitch on the coach and depending on how the baseball team is doing and stature with program will determine if Dad will be told to STFU or a big thank you.
Ummm...ok

Here's something I knew of from a few years back. I know as recently as 4 years ago, playing in non-sanctioned events can disqualify a team. Maybe it's changed since.

From NorCal:
- Mustang, MVLA, Pleasanton, San Juan, and Santa Rosa in all age groups and De Anza in all the but the youngest (5 or 6 in each).

No schedule yet - likely due to the uncertainty of whether these teams are allowed to travel. In the fall, we found out the Sunday before the South Carolina ECNL showcase that we wouldn't be going as our club would be de-certified (I believe that was the term used) by the county or city if it attended the event. ECNL may hold off on scheduling games until they get the final word on whether any of these teams are allowed to travel.
I think all 8 NorCal teams are currently listed as going - All of them in the top 2 age groups and 6 in all age groups (Marin and DeAnza not sending all teams). I know that all girls on all those teams won't be going, but hopefully they get the chance. Don't think things went sideways in any of those clubs that attended AZ in the late fall.

I agree that it shouldn't be legislated into playing one or the other -- I didn't agree with that when it was a DA rule either. I do however think that it is good to only participate in one of those at a time, so there aren't over use injuries that do seem to be growing in adolescent athletes who are becoming more and more specialized at younger ages.

This story leads with the following sentence.
"A stunning turn with regional ICU availability numbers."

Now, take a look at what I posted yesterday (below) on the "Bad News" thread. It was a post about how CA is denying access to how they calculate ICU capacity. The next paragraph is a quote from the story explaining why they didn't want to release the data. A day later we have a "stunning turn with regional ICU availability numbers".

CHHS spokeswoman Kate Folmar said projected ICU capacity is based on multiple variables, including available beds and staffing. "These fluid, on-the-ground conditions cannot be boiled down to a single data point — and to do so would mislead and create greater uncertainty for Californians," she said in a statement.

California ignores public records request, keeps coronavirus data hidden

www.foxnews.com

Now, take a look at what I posted yesterday (below) on the "Bad News" thread. It was a post about how CA is denying access to how they calculate ICU capacity. The next paragraph is a quote from the story explaining why they didn't want to release the data. A day later we have a "stunning turn with regional ICU availability numbers".

CHHS spokeswoman Kate Folmar said projected ICU capacity is based on multiple variables, including available beds and staffing. "These fluid, on-the-ground conditions cannot be boiled down to a single data point — and to do so would mislead and create greater uncertainty for Californians," she said in a statement.

www.foxnews.com
Thanks for the bad news! Lol! Unbelievable!

Its the same in AZ, you pick one or the other. Given the number of practices and games both want the kids to participate in, it makes sense.

Everyone knows when they chose one of the other (kids want to play HS in the main), so no big deal that I can see.

Obv. DA (B & G) and now MLS Next mandate that there is no HS play, so again people know up front.

Kids have not seen their high school friends in a while. They have seen their club soccer friends every week. Most kids will want to go back and play High School soccer.

www.foxnews.com

I’m sure the governor was caught up in a deep state conspiracy to ruin the economy because he benefits so much personally from passing marijuana bills and telling people the earth isn’t flat.

I’m sure the governor was caught up in a deep state conspiracy to ruin the economy because he benefits so much personally from passing marijuana bills and telling people the earth isn’t flat.

Wellll, he's not dumb enough to tell people about flat earth stuff, that would exceed even his selling capabilities. The other two?? Totally happening. You are only scratching the surface with his support of "the chronic" bills. Dig deep enough and you'll likely see other stuff. It's probably what the Laundromat meeting was all about.

Wellll, he's not dumb enough to tell people about flat earth stuff, that would exceed even his selling capabilities. The other two?? Totally happening. You are only scratching the surface with his support of "the chronic" bills. Dig deep enough and you'll likely see other stuff. It's probably what the Laundromat meeting was all about.

...and the election was stolen from Velveeta Voldemort.

Back