CIF decision

I bet you $50 that ECNL SW will make it work so kids have a choice for both. You sound like my dd old Doc coach. Obviously people like you and others will say it should not be an option. I say it should be an option for those who want both.
What are you talking about? When I say "should not be an option for you" I don't mean because it's not. YOU or anyone else can do whatever YOU want to do. However (and I thought I was clear about this) if you plan on playing in college, it is my opinion that you should not play HS while club is going on because it will be a waste of your time if you're trying to get recruited. Did you not read what I said? You're reading it as if I'm saying there should be a mandate and that couldn't be further from the truth. If you want your DD to do both...more power to you, but HS will NOT get your kid recruited and WILL leave them suseptable to injury particularly if they choose to do both at the same time.

Is this from your personal experience? It's just my experience is very different.
I know few coaches who coach both ECNL and HS, I also know few college coaches who love to come to HS games.
It is my personal experience. I've never witnessed any coaches coming to my DDs HS games, but she also didn't advertise is because it's shit soccer. All recruitement came from a combination of her ECNL and NPL league games + ECNL showcases. I said "almost never" regarding college coaches coming to watch. I'm sure upon occasion they do, but from what I know/understand...they don't show up to HS games. If your DD is being heavily recruited and invited some to a HS game, that could be a different story. All I'm saying is it's not common by any stretch.

I don’t think ecnl will work with high school schedules and suspend games for the spring. That’s prime recruiting time and a chance for ecnl to make money on events. And after all this time off clubs will create college exposure tournaments and kids like mine will not miss those to play high school.

I’d love to be wrong but I can’t imagine ecnl or any other club league will have been suspended from March 2020 until March 2021 only to hold off for 3 months for kids to play high school. ESP since college coaches will be working from a missed year as well.

maybe club will get up and going prior to that. And maybe individual CIF sections will cancel the rule to play both club and hs at once (it’s up to each section to institute that). Or maybe we have a vaccine in 12 weeks. Or maybe we are all sitting at home still.

and when and if we have a vaccine it should go to immune compromised, those on front lines, essential workers and communities of color where the infection and death rate is insanely high. I’m fine sitting in suburbia in my big house with a healthy family and resources and be later in line. Let’s put all this social justice and systemic racism talk into action and care for and vaccinate those in need first.

Our district has made it clear that fall online will nothing like the rushed online school last year. It will be harder and kids will be held responsible for the work.

I have my doubts that schools will open in the winter/spring. If we can't keep cases down during the heat of the summer then fall and winter will be very tough.

I don’t think ecnl will work with high school schedules and suspend games for the spring. That’s prime recruiting time and a chance for ecnl to make money on events. And after all this time off clubs will create college exposure tournaments and kids like mine will not miss those to play high school.

I’d love to be wrong but I can’t imagine ecnl or any other club league will have been suspended from March 2020 until March 2021 only to hold off for 3 months for kids to play high school. ESP since college coaches will be working from a missed year as well.

maybe club will get up and going prior to that. And maybe individual CIF sections will cancel the rule to play both club and hs at once (it’s up to each section to institute that). Or maybe we have a vaccine in 12 weeks. Or maybe we are all sitting at home still.

and when and if we have a vaccine it should go to immune compromised, those on front lines, essential workers and communities of color where the infection and death rate is insanely high. I’m fine sitting in suburbia in my big house with a healthy family and resources and be later in line. Let’s put all this social justice and systemic racism talk into action and care for and vaccinate those in need first.

I thought older people were statistically the most vulnerable group .

Our district has made it clear that fall online will nothing like the rushed online school last year. It will be harder and kids will be held responsible for the work.

I have my doubts that schools will open in the winter/spring. If we can't keep cases down during the heat of the summer then fall and winter will be very tough.

I agree that the high school season is aspirational at this point. Too many variables (when is the vaccine ready, are there second waves and are they winter seasonal or is the 20% threshold the burnout, how sick people are of things when Thanksgiving rolls around). But most profoundly that this start resumes with cold/flu season.

The one big issue for online learning remains accountability. There's simply no way to effectively police for cheating in remote...you can reduce it but those intent on doing it can still do it relatively easy and at one point is policing 40+ students no longer worth it to the teacher by way of time...you're still effectively on the honor system. And if you are on the honor system, there's no way to maintain for equity, particularly for disadvantaged students. A lot of what's going on for online learning right now is cheerleading and salesmanship....it won't be as bad as what they cobbled together in spring...it's not going to be anywhere near what some are promising right now (just to shut people up).

Already happening Domino's anyone?

DSL announced start of fall season pushed back to October, 10 games no playoffs, 1 game per weekend pending field availability. season will carry over into January and February there will be a break between November 23rd and January 17th Games resuming on the 23rd tentatively ending by February 21, 2021.

Calsouth looking at changing the dates for state and national cups so the oldest will most likely start later and possibly run into June youngers probably March start.

[
I thought older people were statistically the most vulnerable group .
Within the same age group, some jobs are higher exposure. Those workers are disproportionately from minority communities.

I have not heard an argument that minority workers in low exposure jobs have a different risk than other workers in low exposure jobs.

Calsouth looking at changing the dates for state and national cups so the oldest will most likely start later and possibly run into June youngers probably March start.

It is absolutely amazing that the only competitive play for the 2020-2021 season, for the youngers, will be State Cup.

Already happening Domino's anyone?

DSL announced start of fall season pushed back to October, 10 games no playoffs, 1 game per weekend pending field availability. season will carry over into January and February there will be a break between November 23rd and January 17th Games resuming on the 23rd tentatively ending by February 21, 2021.

Unless there's a vaccine I don't know how it's possible under the current circumstances to start a season in January/December to have a youngers state cup ready in March. Again, cold/flu season. If the protocol is anyone who is sick needs to be tested (which is where we are headed IF the schools do reopen), that's an impossible time to get things off and running (unless there's a vaccine). If that's the time table, meaning youth practices don't resume in the next month or 2 at most, I think the 2020-2021 season will likely be scrubbed and they'll move straight into tryouts for 2021-2022. By that point, all but the highest level teams will be so scrambled it will be difficult for anyone to field a squad for state cup.

Unless there's a vaccine I don't know how it's possible under the current circumstances to start a season in January/December to have a youngers state cup ready in March. Again, cold/flu season. If the protocol is anyone who is sick needs to be tested (which is where we are headed IF the schools do reopen), that's an impossible time to get things off and running (unless there's a vaccine). If that's the time table, meaning youth practices don't resume in the next month or 2 at most, I think the 2020-2021 season will likely be scrubbed and they'll move straight into tryouts for 2021-2022. By that point, all but the highest level teams will be so scrambled it will be difficult for anyone to field a squad for state cup.

Also FYI there's been a lawsuit filed today (which I write about in the other thread) to force Newsom to reopen the schools. 2 of the grounds aren't going to work, 2 are for limited communities, but 1 of them is an argument called equal protection. It says that the government does not have any rational basis for distinguising between schools and summer camps/day care. He didn't even allow schools the possibility to go all outside. It's not a slam dunk by any means (particularly in blue California) but it's the 1 claim which sort of has something to it.

So how's that relevant for soccer? Well, basically it makes it much more difficult for the governor to resume youth sports in any county where schools are shut. Because the argument will be if schools are shut, how come you are allowing (even distanced) youth sports, particularly if some schools are prepared to go outside only if and when feasible with weather. The lawsuit isn't going to resolve schools because it's going to take a very long time in the courts, but it's probably enough to keep kids away from at least non-distanced sports while schools are shut down.

What are you talking about? When I say "should not be an option for you" I don't mean because it's not. YOU or anyone else can do whatever YOU want to do. However (and I thought I was clear about this) if you plan on playing in college, it is my opinion that you should not play HS while club is going on because it will be a waste of your time if you're trying to get recruited. Did you not read what I said? You're reading it as if I'm saying there should be a mandate and that couldn't be further from the truth. If you want your DD to do both...more power to you, but HS will NOT get your kid recruited and WILL leave them suseptable to injury particularly if they choose to do both at the same time.
Tell you what Dubs. I'm so sick of all this I'll make bet with you. No ECNL needed for my dd to get a deal in college. I bet you $195 that my dd will get a deal done by playing HS Soccer only and no ECNL. Plus, another $105 that D1 college coaches will.come watch her play in the Spring season.

It is my personal experience. I've never witnessed any coaches coming to my DDs HS games, but she also didn't advertise is because it's shit soccer. All recruitement came from a combination of her ECNL and NPL league games + ECNL showcases. I said "almost never" regarding college coaches coming to watch. I'm sure upon occasion they do, but from what I know/understand...they don't show up to HS games. If your DD is being heavily recruited and invited some to a HS game, that could be a different story. All I'm saying is it's not common by any stretch.
Those were the old days.

[

Within the same age group, some jobs are higher exposure. Those workers are disproportionately from minority communities.

I have not heard an argument that minority workers in low exposure jobs have a different risk than other workers in low exposure jobs.
Well besides first responders including all hospital workers, designated essential services should be in the top shelf of priority including food and beverage manufacturing.

Hey Dubs, I came on here a year ago in a huff and puff about HS Soccer being awesome. I still feel that way and I do take it personal when you and others say it sucks. Its dangerous yes, but my dd and others are making it better. To each his own and school and coach do matter so if your dd program sucks then that is a different issue altogether. If my dd played for a bad coach and program sucked, then I would just quit and knot attack the whole sport. That's what Doc told my dd. That it was horrible and pathetic and all that. My dd was not.good for business because she championed womans high school soccer. Peace brah!!!

Tell you what Dubs. I'm so sick of all this I'll make bet with you. No ECNL needed for my dd to get a deal in college. I bet you $195 that my dd will get a deal done by playing HS Soccer only and no ECNL. Plus, another $105 that D1 college coaches will.come watch her play in the Spring season.
You're confusing me. I don't really even know how to answer but I'll try. I'm guessing the only reason you're saying what you're saying and putting out a wager is because your kid has already been identified. If that is the case, then perhaps she can get a commitment by not playing ECNL, but that's neither here nor there. If you would rather not pay and have her take her chances with definitely an inferior brand of soccer that lends itself to injuries because of the wide varieties of skill levels...then all the best to you and your DD. I have nothing against HS soccer until there is a situation where you have potentially one interfering with the other. When they do that, the choice is clear...at least for my DD. She's already committed so HS is going to be out of the question. Do what you want player. Bets not required. I'm just not sure why you're riding the jock of HS so much. Generally speaking.. it's wack in terms of the soccer.

Hey Dubs, I came on here a year ago in a huff and puff about HS Soccer being awesome. I still feel that way and I do take it personal when you and others say it sucks. Its dangerous yes, but my dd and others are making it better. To each his own and school and coach do matter so if your dd program sucks then that is a different issue altogether. If my dd played for a bad coach and program sucked, then I would just quit and knot attack the whole sport. That's what Doc told my dd. That it was horrible and pathetic and all that. My dd was not.good for business because she championed womans high school soccer. Peace brah!!!
No need to get huffy and puffy with me patna. If your kid digs HS soccer, you like the coach/program... more power to you as I said. However, HS soccer is 100% a lesser level than ECNL. You've said repeatedly that your kid plays this level so you should know better than to say something different. You can be jaded by the process all you want, but college recruiting (in large part) happens at the club level in the highest level leagues. You KNOW this, so I'm not even understanding your point. HS soccer has benefits, but certiainly not from a soccer point of view from what I've witness over the years. I have NEVER been to a HS game and thought...wow these girls are ballin (maybe individuals but not teams). That is my experience. Perhaps yours is different and that's fine, but don'tever get it twisted. The college coaches will always go to the highest level leagues and look at those teams/clubs first. HS, if it is on their list, is probably the last place they'll show up unless your kid has already been identified and invited them to an HS game as I've already said.

Back