CIF decision

Wow...thanks for sharing. While this isn't ideal, it would give kids a chance to play. Spring soccer season would be affected. Would kids playing club soccer start in Sept and play through March?

Wow...thanks for sharing. While this isn't ideal, it would give kids a chance to play. Spring soccer season would be affected. Would kids playing club soccer start in Sept and play through March?
This season all CIF rules regarding playing club at the same time as HS will be suspended. This means technically kids can play both, just don't know how it will be possible to do it at the same time. Too much training and games.

This season all CIF rules regarding playing club at the same time as HS will be suspended. This means technically kids can play both, just don't know how it will be possible to do it at the same time. Too much training and games.
Unless they work together for once :)

BOYS AND GIRLS SOCCER
First Contest Date – Saturday, February 27, 2021
SOP Date – Saturday, April 3, 2021 (36 days)
Last League Contest – Thursday, May 6, 2021
Last Allowable Contest – Saturday, May 8, 2021 (71 days)
CIF Southern Section Championship Finals – Friday/Saturday, May 28/May 29,
2021 CIF Southern Regional Finals – Saturday, June 5, 2021

Not to mention field space being an issue, particularly if football training is ongoing and how much of the fields they occupy when it comes to soccer and lacrosse.

Not to mention field space being an issue, particularly if football training is ongoing and how much of the fields they occupy when it comes to soccer and lacrosse.
We need to change our schedules and way of life. I used to argue with a minister who said church is at 10am and you better have your cheeks in the seats every Sunday or else. I swear I told this guy everyday should be church and whose idea was it to make it at 10am every Sunday? My point in all this is we ALL need to work together and find ways to make this happen. School can be at night and sports can be all day? Online school is easy to do. These are just ideas that are floating in my brain. I like what CIF put together. Exercise and social life is essential to one's little life.

We need to change our schedules and way of life. I used to argue with a minister who said church is at 10am and you better have your cheeks in the seats every Sunday or else. I swear I told this guy everyday should be church and whose idea was it to make it at 10am every Sunday? My point in all this is we ALL need to work together and find ways to make this happen. School can be at night and sports can be all day? Online school is easy to do. These are just ideas that are floating in my brain. I like what CIF put together. Exercise and social life is essential to one's little life.
how about those coaches that coach both HS and club? They'll be real busy.....

Multi sport athletes will have to choose. Only two sports can be played with just two seasons.

Some small schools that rely on multi sport athletes wont field a lot of teams.
I don't know about other sections, but I'm pretty sure CIF-SDS allows kids to play two sports during the same season of sport, but there are limits on the total number of hours student athletes can spend practicing and competing each week. It would have to be a coordinated effort by the athlete and coaches. Obviously it's not ideal, but it is possible.

Might just look into homeschooling this year and get the tax credit and stipend. Has anyone done this in the past? She can focus on club soccer (If club soccer resumes) and use the stipend for a personal trainer/coach. Seems like kids may have to choose HS or club? Doing both at the same time is a quick remedy for injuries or burnout. With multiple kids too. IDK

Might just look into homeschooling this year and get the tax credit and stipend. Has anyone done this in the past? She can focus on club soccer (If club soccer resumes) and use the stipend for a personal trainer/coach. Seems like kids may have to choose HS or club? Doing both at the same time is a quick remedy for injuries or burnout. With multiple kids too. IDK
I did it before and my dd hated it....lol. Only one semester in 8th grade before High School. No money this year I was told so you have to pay your own way.

Back