CIF decision

Question about CIF this year in the spring. I've read you can play club and HS for soccer. Can you play two sports in HS at the same time this year? Daughter wants to run track besides play soccer. HS games are Wed / Fri while track meets were Thursday.

Will the two coaches agree? My son's team had a backup keeper who was also on the A wrestling squad, He came to soccer practice when schedule allowed and played in soccer games that did not interfere with the wrestling match schedule. He didn't make many appearances in soccer, but he made it to the state wrestling meet finals in his weight, losing in OT.

Question about CIF this year in the spring. I've read you can play club and HS for soccer. Can you play two sports in HS at the same time this year? Daughter wants to run track besides play soccer. HS games are Wed / Fri while track meets were Thursday.

you could always play two high school sports at once. There’s a time cap for the week and both coaches obviously have to agree to it but it’s allowed. Your school/district might have a different rule but according to CIF it’s allowed.

will be interesting if anyone tries to do spring hs soccer, club soccer and hs track. With no more DA our kid was thinking club soccer, then hs soccer then back to club soccer in the spring and maybe add track if the hs coach would be flexible. But if ecnl is happening in spring our focus will be there and getting exposure. What a mess. Feel badly for these kids. Not that they are owed a fair life but a fun high school experience sure is a great rite of passage. I feel for all the seniors this year. Ugh.

It will be interesting to see if ECNL proceeds with the spring season in conflict with the CIF high school season.

Cal South moved their season around to accommodate the new CIF schedule.

you could always play two high school sports at once. There’s a time cap for the week and both coaches obviously have to agree to it but it’s allowed. Your school/district might have a different rule but according to CIF it’s allowed.

will be interesting if anyone tries to do spring hs soccer, club soccer and hs track. With no more DA our kid was thinking club soccer, then hs soccer then back to club soccer in the spring and maybe add track if the hs coach would be flexible. But if ecnl is happening in spring our focus will be there and getting exposure. What a mess. Feel badly for these kids. Not that they are owed a fair life but a fun high school experience sure is a great rite of passage. I feel for all the seniors this year. Ugh.
Is there a Jo Jackson for the girls?

HS soccer and track will work at the same time. Simple reason would be track (for the most part) is an individual sport and you can be training with soccer team and compete at track events. The only thing you will need to have track training if you are running relays.

HS soccer and track will work at the same time. Simple reason would be track (for the most part) is an individual sport and you can be training with soccer team and compete at track events. The only thing you will need to have track training if you are running relays.

Not necessarily - jumping and throwing events benefit from knowledgeable coaching, and any distances beyond sprints can benefit from strategic thinking in planning final kicks.

FWIW it seems very obvious to me that ECNL will proceed with the spring season....... only covid can stop it
Let's hope Labor Day Surfers Only Cup ((no posers...lol)) and then ECNL fall ball. Futbol dad of 1, I want it all for my goat and you know that. A little bit of everything is good for the young mind :)

My daughter is a rising senior ECNL player who has decided that she is not interested in playing in college (had been looked at and contacted by some D1s and D2s prior to her decision.) Wants to pursue a medical major and have a “regular” college experience, and realized that soccer would make both of those things so much harder that it wasn’t worth it to her. That said, ALL she wants is to have a final high school season. She would/will drop club in a split second to be able to play her last high school season. I think there may be more ECNL seniors than you might think who feel the same.

Yes yes yes yes yes. This times a million. These kids have played for their clubs for however many years and seen kids come and go; for their high schools, they may be playing with kids they've known for 10+ years, and it'll be the last hurrah before everyone goes their separate ways. A lot of kids will jump at that.

Lots of great players in high school and they are getting recruited. Here are the TDS all region teams and their commitments. Some pretty great schools.

CALIFORNIA-NORTH
[Includes the Central Coast, North Coast, Sac-Joaquin and Northern sections]

CALIFORNIA-SOUTH
[Includes the Central, Los Angeles, San Diego and Southern sections]

Almost all of them play club.

Our daughter is now a college sophomore, loved her senior HS year but it was normal and played ECNL also.

Everyone had college offers including her but she went the medical route and got a bunch of sholarships outside sports. She still participated in athletics intramural so it was working well until the shutdown.
What high school? They all got college offers for soccer?

Unless football plays in the spring.

That is what my daughter wants to do, but she is a keeper, thus not as much running in soccer, so running a couple heats and maybe one practice wouldn't be the end of the world.

Everyone that has their kid play some sort of club soccer (including ECNL) at the same time as HS this spring is nuts! Any HS aged kid should not be playing more than 1 game per week. Kids need recovery time. Playing three or four games per week plus practice is a recipe for both bad soccer without being able to give full effort and for injury. Ideally everyone should be playing no more than 1 game per week. That includes college if they can ever get the 21st Century model implemented.

Everyone that has their kid play some sort of club soccer (including ECNL) at the same time as HS this spring is nuts! Any HS aged kid should not be playing more than 1 game per week. Kids need recovery time. Playing three or four games per week plus practice is a recipe for both bad soccer without being able to give full effort and for injury. Ideally everyone should be playing no more than 1 game per week. That includes college if they can ever get the 21st Century model implemented.

2 games per week works for pros in Europe so I'm good with it....... don't like two games in one day like at tourneys though.... that's not good for anyone older than 12.........

2 games per week works for pros in Europe so I'm good with it....... don't like two games in one day like at tourneys though.... that's not good for anyone older than 12.........

we are saying it’s two high school games in a week (maybe 3) plus a club game on the weekend. And these kids are not pros. They aren’t trained like pros and don’t have the bodies of pros.

we are saying it’s two high school games in a week (maybe 3) plus a club game on the weekend. And these kids are not pros. They aren’t trained like pros and don’t have the bodies of pros.

That's clearly too many as it is 3-4 games total...... I'm disagreeing with Simi saying 1 per week is all there should be...... youths can actually play more with less injury risk than 30 year old pros..... 2 total games per week is all good imho

No one in their right mind would play 3-4 games in a week. That is 100% coo coo. This is all new so it will be all worked out. My guess HS soccer will have two games a week and ECNL will pause a little and maybe have a game here and there. My dd wont play full games and if one team is not that good, she can sit out one and let someone else play the whole game. HS Soccer she wont sit out so it will probably come down to sitting out ECNL games or just playing less. This is so doable everyone. I jumped on Dubs ((sorry dude, just wanted to have some sports debate and feel normal. I saw some teams last year in HS that sucked and played Rugby so I get it)) and made my crush of high school sports be known. All my dd friends play big time CIF sports and her sport is the only sport that is mocked by coaches outside of hs. I get it and I completely understand what's at stake.

and don't have the trainers as the pros

Back