CIF- cant play club and high school at same time

Agree. I mentioned this in the past, but if college coaches go to a high school game it’s to solidify their decision only after scouting from the club level.
^^^^THIS.

They are not starting their recruiting at the HS games. They have seen the players before in club and are just following up at a HS game or two.

^^^^THIS.

They are not starting their recruiting at the HS games. They have seen the players before in club and are just following up at a HS game or two.
What a coach will actually see is a Playa who plays with passion ((ganas)), pride for school, play for friends and community. This is same environment as college.

What a coach will actually see is a Playa who plays with passion ((ganas)), pride for school, play for friends and community. This is same environment as college.
Except with much less talent. 1 ECNL game consists of 15-20 college players (D1-NAIA). 1 high school game? 2-3 if you're lucky. Also, coaches want to see the good players play against good competition.

Except with much less talent. 1 ECNL game consists of 15-20 college players (D1-NAIA). 1 high school game? 2-3 if you're lucky. Also, coaches want to see the good players play against good competition.
That's because all the club coaches the last three years brainwashed everyone saying hs school soccer sucks and to spend your wealth with him/her and they will develop Playa. I think club has sucked the last three years because of so many things of greed and mis behaving by a few. Anyway, Maps knows what I'm talking about. HS soccer in other parts of this find country love it and so do I.

Plus, each league is different. Sunset League is no joke. With zero ecnl games this year and being forbid to travel, looks like hs has a chance to shine

Exactly. I learned this many years ago from friends who are college coaches.
You guys are classic. Sell it bro.....lol!!! Figure out a way so the kids can do both. If your son or dd is the next Freddy or Mia, then for Pets sakes, go all in soccer soccer soccer soccer, 4 days a week until and never set foot on a high school soccer field because it's so bad and horrible. Ya, I know it's really bad for business too....lol! My dd has not finished a club season now for three years straight. I bet you still think it's all her fault too. High School has been all she can do and I think just maybe, she might be able to go play at the next level without needing club middleman to help her. We shall see :)

Yes and no - depends what school you are in

You guys are classic. Sell it bro.....lol!!! Figure out a way so the kids can do both. If your son or dd is the next Freddy or Mia, then for Pets sakes, go all in soccer soccer soccer soccer, 4 days a week until and never set foot on a high school soccer field because it's so bad and horrible. Ya, I know it's really bad for business too....lol! My dd has not finished a club season now for three years straight. I bet you still think it's all her fault too. High School has been all she can do and I think just maybe, she might be able to go play at the next level without needing club middleman to help her. We shall see :)
What is wrong with you? I have no idea what your talking about. But, it certainly seems you once again are interjecting your own mislead ideas and confusing them with what was stated. That post has to do with recruitment and nothing to do with you ever. I

What is wrong with you? I have no idea what your talking about. But, it certainly seems you once again are interjecting your own mislead ideas and confusing them with what was stated. That post has to do with recruitment and nothing to do with you ever. I
Nothing wrong with me. Just correcting the record. If you can play soccer, you dont need to play club to get a deal. You can play HS only and get a deal. I know three players playing D1 next year that did not play club.

It is possible to play college soccer without playing club. Christina Burkenroad from Mission Bay HS went on to play D1 on the recommendation of her HS coach. It is not common, but college coaches will take talent anywhere they can find it. ID camps can be a way to get noticed by a coach.

It is possible to play college soccer without playing club. Christina Burkenroad from Mission Bay HS went on to play D1 on the recommendation of her HS coach. It is not common, but college coaches will take talent anywhere they can find it. ID camps can be a way to get noticed by a coach.
Yes sir it is. My dd has only played 11 league games in three years and with the looks of things, this is the end of her club career. You know how I feel about the last three years of socal club. I have one word: Divisive!!! What year is dd in college bro?

Thank you, thank you. I was at the Great Park tonight and there were a great number of people everywhere. Yes, the mask were on. Play ball and let's get the kids playing soccer. We want ECNL to reverse course and let the kids play Houston :)

I was there to but didn't see any turtles.

So where did she train the other 9 months of the year?

The question is the competition.
My niece played in the cif championship game and semifinals last few years. There were so many D1 players on both teams it was vey impressive. Regular high school games are probably not a good indicator of quality games. CIF games in the final rounds is a different story.
Here’s the other trend that’s going on. There are so many futsal and indoor leagues now all over the region. Most of these didn’t exist 5 years ago.

You can get kids at a young age playing for non ECNL clubs and develop their skills and play against great competition without the hassles of traveling and cost associated. More than likely we will see great talent playing high school soccer just due to the current economic conditions impacting so many families. They won’t recover for at least 3 years.

What if the club teams just have "under-cover scrimmages" during the high school season? Seems to work out these past few months.
No club logo. Coach hiding under a tree in a hoodie and sunglasses.

Back