CIF- cant play club and high school at same time

Does this come from CIF / State of CA being pissed at all club sports for finding loopholes around current rules?
I guess travelling to AZ/NV/UT isn't really a loophole, but you know what I mean.
Volleyball and baseball/softball have been much more defiant of the CA rules.
Actually this ruling came out because of HS football and has nothing to do with other sports, at least they didn't thought about it.
Currently Football season suppose to start but because it didn't, a lot of football programs created club teams and playing each other.

For some students the last day of on campus school was March 13, 2020. The only way they are even allowed on campus is for "conditioning".

And maybe for them you don’t have sports. It’s unfair but so is life. I get “someone at your kid’s school has Covid” emails everyday. And while I realize it could always be worse, I don’t see why playing school sports and club sports, at the same time, raises the stakes. All these kids are doing it now. What’s wrong with taking their temperatures before a match? That’s the bullshit tactic they’re using now.

What am I missing?

And maybe for them you don’t have sports. It’s unfair but so is life. I get “someone at your kid’s school has Covid” emails everyday. And while I realize it could always be worse, I don’t see why playing school sports and club sports, at the same time, raises the stakes. All these kids are doing it now. What’s wrong with taking their temperatures before a match? That’s the bullshit tactic they’re using now.

What am I missing?
Along with temperature, do a quick smell test. Open a bottle of extract and have the kid tell you what it is. If you can’t tell the difference between lemon, peppermint, and vanilla, you probably shouldn’t be playing.

It is not a lab test, but it is cheap, fast, and catches a fraction of cases. They also have a scratch and sniff version you can buy.

Link to an article on the idea:

NYT ran something similar.

It is not a good way to prove you don't have covid. It is a good way to decide you need a real test.

Besides, you're going to have a cup of coffee anyway. You might as well take a sniff and pay attention.

We focus on the kids for this rule but how many coaches will quit HS soccer if it happens for club due to financial reasons? If I was an AD, I would't like the proposition of finding a handful of coaches potentially for a 6 week season. Unfortunate for all involved. We act like these kids literally go to HS practice and home. Of course they hang out with friends which is a different cohort, right? Or when they play another team. Isn't that exposing yourself to other cohort? Common sense is often optional...

Let's all be patient and not jump to conclusions about whta might or might not happen. I used to be the guy always out in front with soccer, just because I wanted get the best deal out there for my goat.....lol!!! I see things changing for the best now. Slow down everyone and focus on what you got, which is really only today. Make the best of today :) No reason to think about what might happen or might not happen with socal soccer, right? Today is all we got. Live free and find something fun to do today. My wife and I are looking to help others in need today and then have a date and have a night cap movie in bed with ice cream. Hmmm, heaven right there folks. Love you guys and I'll catch up with all of you tomorrow.

What is even worse is that CIF forbids kids from attending college soccer ID camps without permission from CIF, and then limits them to two camps. Due to the timing of HS soccer and college soccer (different time of the year) vs. HS football and college football (same time of the year), this rule does not impact football players. This is structural sexism and one day CIF will get nailed by a Title IX lawsuit.

Not exactly correct, you can attend 2 ID camps during the high school season with AD approval from your school.

well if you got to choose which way do you go?

Im thinking go with club because CIF are just political pawns and will shut it down in a heart beat to appease the dictator

Clubs usually shut down for December and January during the season for high school ball. Maybe they will just take their break a little later like march and April to allow for high school games. Our school notified us that soccer practice was starting the end of February.

Clubs usually shut down for December and January during the season for high school ball. Maybe they will just take their break a little later like march and April to allow for high school games. Our school notified us that soccer practice was starting the end of February.
Clubs are not going to shut down for a couple of months in the spring. Spring is their regular season time, and they have to get their league games in. High School is inserting itself into club season, not the other way around. And, it is CIF with the rule. They created the issue. Clubs did not.

Clubs are not going to shut down for a couple of months in the spring. Spring is their regular season time, and they have to get their league games in. High School is inserting itself into club season, not the other way around. And, it is CIF with the rule. They created the issue. Clubs did not.

True but its possible the clubs may figure a way to condense their spring schedule and move it back a bit to allow high school.

True but its possible the clubs may figure a way to condense their spring schedule and move it back a bit to allow high school.
Where do you expect it to move to? SCDSL teams would be looking to fit league games and National Cup in. ECNL teams would be looking to fit their entire fall and spring schedule into a single spring. There is no room to move it. There are not enough weekends as it is. The new season starts in July.

Where do you expect it to move to? SCDSL teams would be looking to fit league games and National Cup in. ECNL teams would be looking to fit their entire fall and spring schedule into a single spring. There is no room to move it. There are not enough weekends as it is. The new season starts in July.

Was thinking may and june with league games coordinated with state cup and national cup?

Was thinking may and june with league games coordinated with state cup and national cup?

Takes about 3 months advance planning and time is running short.

For HS best I can think of is April - May local league season with championships a big longshot for the southern section. There LA Country playoff site at Warrren or any place where several counties converge is going to be a very difficult to pull off.

This year who knows if cups can or will be played, but need to start somewhere, getting to orange tier in time to plan will be a tall order.

I look it at as saving money. CIF is only for three months. Work together? No way it's healthy to do both so I think it's wise this year for the either or.
You either responded to a different post, did not read my post or did not understand it.

Most clubs who did not go to AZ have been on break since March.

Yes, valid point but confined to California only of course. I know practice was limited and scrimmages almost non existent. I hope things will improve in 2021. I see where the governor has lifted all stay at home restrictions now that the new administration is in so maybe youth sports will resume to like they are in all the other states.

High school soccer is a fun experience for kids especially those that are seniors this year so it would be nice if they could play their last school games. Hopefully CIF and club can work something out.

Back