CIF- cant play club and high school at same time

I come to this site, and to this thread in particular, because I like to keep tabs on the status of restrictions and see whether, when, and under what conditions my kids will be able to play soccer this year in High School and Club. Please stop continuously derailing threads with your personal politics. You have the off topic board - you use it often. Why can't you keep that separate from posting here in the NORCAL forum about CIF restrictions? Do you even have kids in Norcal that want to play HS soccer this year?

Anyway, mine just got word from the HS coaches that they'll have to choose between club and HS, and that the HS "season" will likely be a conglomerate camplike atmosphere focusing on seniors. I feel bad for the seniors, especially the ones that worked so hard to make varsity this year.

Thanks for singling me out and not others that talk politics here. I’m sure you have a valid reason for it.

Yes, unlike others here, I have kids playing sports under the CIF umbrella. Anything else, Karen?

I come to this site, and to this thread in particular, because I like to keep tabs on the status of restrictions and see whether, when, and under what conditions my kids will be able to play soccer this year in High School and Club. Please stop continuously derailing threads with your personal politics. You have the off topic board - you use it often. Why can't you keep that separate from posting here in the NORCAL forum about CIF restrictions? Do you even have kids in Norcal that want to play HS soccer this year?

Anyway, mine just got word from the HS coaches that they'll have to choose between club and HS, and that the HS "season" will likely be a conglomerate camplike atmosphere focusing on seniors. I feel bad for the seniors, especially the ones that worked so hard to make varsity this year.
Actually, your HS coaches giving you wrong information.
Couple of thigs in play here....
1. CIF came out with rescinding outside competition Bylaw due to Football trying to get around rules by creating club teams so they can play. No thought was given to other sports.
2. This was being looked at to keep kids within same group according to CDPH, which becomes obsolete once we will be in Moderate or Minimal tier, when Soccer will be actually possible.
3. Club have no schedule vs HS who does.
3. CIF changes almost daily so we don't know what will happen in March.

I would stop listening to club and HS coaches spreading misinformation. Some things we have control over and some things we don't. This one of the latter.

Actually, your HS coaches giving you wrong information.
Couple of thigs in play here....
1. CIF came out with rescinding outside competition Bylaw due to Football trying to get around rules by creating club teams so they can play. No thought was given to other sports.
2. This was being looked at to keep kids within same group according to CDPH, which becomes obsolete once we will be in Moderate or Minimal tier, when Soccer will be actually possible.
3. Club have no schedule vs HS who does.
3. CIF changes almost daily so we don't know what will happen in March.

I would stop listening to club and HS coaches spreading misinformation. Some things we have control over and some things we don't. This one of the latter.
and there is other thing....unless Playoffs will happen, all those CIF rules are irrelevant if we can just have HS League play

and there is other thing....unless Playoffs will happen, all those CIF rules are irrelevant if we can just have HS League play
Not if a player goes to an unapproved college ID camp, or more than two ID camps. Probably not an issue this year however, but I have given up near future predictions until we enter the new age of light without heat.

Not sure what your child/children are going to do about choosing, but my two more than likely will chose club for many reasons. Essentially it will be an easy choice for them.
Want to take a guess what my goat will choose bro....lol?

I'm starting to get angry everyone and I dont want those feelings to take over my day. I want to confess to all of you. Basically, I hate club soccer right now. I hate what the leaders are doing to us in California. I tired!!! I want all my money back over the last three years or at least half back. This is utter nonsense and i just fed up with the last three years of soccer in socal. Punks can't get along because of turf wars, market share wars, stealing other goats from clubs because you can, dont care about others, divisons with Cal South and US Soccer, lairs, thieves and coaches who go around manipulating kids and moms and their fathers. Stop it!!! Anyway, I hope the MLS, GALs, ECNL and the other leagues can find a way to work better with the kids of the future. My dd is finished with this tease.

I'm starting to get angry everyone and I dont want those feelings to take over my day. I want to confess to all of you. Basically, I hate club soccer right now. I hate what the leaders are doing to us in California. I tired!!! I want all my money back over the last three years or at least half back. This is utter nonsense and i just fed up with the last three years of soccer in socal. Punks can't get along because of turf wars, market share wars, stealing other goats from clubs because you can, dont care about others, divisons with Cal South and US Soccer, lairs, thieves and coaches who go around manipulating kids and moms and their fathers. Stop it!!! Anyway, I hope the MLS, GALs, ECNL and the other leagues can find a way to work better with the kids of the future. My dd is finished with this tease.

I think this is how most parents feel once their player is old enough to drive. In the younger years, us parents don't know enough about the "system". By the time we figure it out, our kids are too old and only have 1 or 2 years left. And as parents we are too tired from all of it to go back and try to fight the system for the younger kids coming up.

I think this is how most parents feel once their player is old enough to drive. In the younger years, us parents don't know enough about the "system". By the time we figure it out, our kids are too old and only have 1 or 2 years left. And as parents we are too tired from all of it to go back and try to fight the system for the younger kids coming up.
It is what it is coach buck. I tried to get my dd into the most competitive games the last threes years but as we all know, some people are hogs and just selfish. They wanted all the treats and glory of soccer for their club and their own children and they caused all this division. Greed, power & control can do a number on folks. Karma will prevail!!!

It is what it is coach buck. I tried to get my dd into the most competitive games the last threes years but as we all know, some people are hogs and just selfish. They wanted all the treats and glory of soccer for their club and their own children and they caused all this division. Greed, power & control can do a number on folks. Karma will prevail!!!
I think we are about to see a weird shift for the HS aged players.
If they aren't looking to play in college- I think the SCSDL/Coast/SDDA type of play just goes away. Or will be very minimal.

Does this mean that gone are the days that anyone gets recruited from a HS game? (Mine are not that old yet, so genuinely curious.)

Revision at the bottom of the article says SCC is going with state rules for sports, but no additional limits.

The other good news is that new cases are dropping fast. CA Rt is 0.81, and SCC just had our third straight day of 600 or fewer cases. Two or three weeks ago it was averaging over 1300.

If current trends continue, official games and scrimmages start shortly after fields dry out in March.

Revision at the bottom of the article says SCC is going with state rules for sports, but no additional limits.

The other good news is that new cases are dropping fast. CA Rt is 0.81, and SCC just had our third straight day of 600 or fewer cases. Two or three weeks ago it was averaging over 1300.

If current trends continue, official games and scrimmages start shortly after fields dry out in March.
That update was not on there when I posted. Good to know.

Our club has been jelling. Coaches told the kids last night about having to choose and telling them that the club will be ramping up games and tournaments going forward if available. They want all players continuing with the club. This has nothing to do with money as all fees have been paid. This is a chance for the team to continue improving. All sophomores(and some freshman) so thankfully have two years of High School in the future. Daughter will run track to get some High School sports in.

Back