CIF- cant play club and high school at same time

It's the DA paradox all over again!
What is even worse is that CIF forbids kids from attending college soccer ID camps without permission from CIF, and then limits them to two camps. Due to the timing of HS soccer and college soccer (different time of the year) vs. HS football and college football (same time of the year), this rule does not impact football players. This is structural sexism and one day CIF will get nailed by a Title IX lawsuit.

It's the DA paradox all over again!

CIF’s rule against playing both at the same time is about safety. It’s not safe to play both HS and club soccer at the same time, it is simply too much.

The DA wouldn’t let you play HS not because they overlapped, but because USSF believed kids were their personal property. Thank god it’s gone.

What is even worse is that CIF forbids kids from attending college soccer ID camps without permission from CIF, and then limits them to two camps. Due to the timing of HS soccer and college soccer (different time of the year) vs. HS football and college football (same time of the year), this rule does not impact football players. This is structural sexism and one day CIF will get nailed by a Title IX lawsuit.
I look it at as saving money. CIF is only for three months. Work together? No way it's healthy to do both so I think it's wise this year for the either or.

online school be driving my DDs crazy but can not see things changing any time soon so sadly can not see how HS soccer gets going in So Cal...... but club is going to win out for the one being forced to pick if I HS does happen........

If we even make it to the tier needed for soccer, which is a big if, then club soccer will finally be allowed tourneys, spring leagues, and club teams will finally be able to play games on weekends. Considering most clubs have been going half speed, do you think any of them want their players gone for 3 months for High School after the year that they have had?

Mine is going to run track. First tier back, and can do it and club soccer.

CIF’s rule against playing both at the same time is about safety. It’s not safe to play both HS and club soccer at the same time, it is simply too much.

The DA wouldn’t let you play HS not because they overlapped, but because USSF believed kids were their personal property. Thank god it’s gone.

No it isn’t. It’s completely plausible to formulate a program that works for kids. I realize you don’t have any but the rest of us know CIF and competitive sports exist for one reason. We’re talking about a 2 month plan. It’s not that complicated.

No it isn’t. It’s completely plausible to formulate a program that works for kids. I realize you don’t have any but the rest of us know CIF and competitive sports exist for one reason. We’re talking about a 2 month plan. It’s not that complicated.

Actually it is because club coaches and high schools will never agree. It is magat-level stupid to think they will.

It looks like CIF said that they need to prohibit playing club and high school in order to comply with the current CDPH guidelines. Sounds like they don't want players in 2 different cohorts ( club team and HS team) but that they may revise it if the CDPH guidelines are updated to allow it. We should see some sort of update no later than Monday as they have to say something by 1/25 and they can't just ignore it like they ignored the 1/4 update.

It is hard to figure out when Regions will drop out of the Stay at Home order. Sacramento Region was released 1 1/2 weeks ago based on a 4 week projection but their available ICU % is a little over 8% while the Bay Area is still in the Regional Stay at Home Order with 7% availability. Southern California seems to be stuck at 0%.

Does this come from CIF / State of CA being pissed at all club sports for finding loopholes around current rules?
I guess travelling to AZ/NV/UT isn't really a loophole, but you know what I mean.
Volleyball and baseball/softball have been much more defiant of the CA rules.

It looks like CIF said that they need to prohibit playing club and high school in order to comply with the current CDPH guidelines. Sounds like they don't want players in 2 different cohorts ( club team and HS team) but that they may revise it if the CDPH guidelines are updated to allow it. We should see some sort of update no later than Monday as they have to say something by 1/25 and they can't just ignore it like they ignored the 1/4 update.

It is hard to figure out when Regions will drop out of the Stay at Home order. Sacramento Region was released 1 1/2 weeks ago based on a 4 week projection but their available ICU % is a little over 8% while the Bay Area is still in the Regional Stay at Home Order with 7% availability. Southern California seems to be stuck at 0%.

These kids are playing 20 different sports and sitting in classrooms together now. Who are we kidding?

Back