Where is Andres Deza

Juan is a good addition!

Star academy struggled for fields and with covid, it must have been real challenging. Juan doesn't leave to be staff coach somewhere unless no great future with Star since he was the DOC.

Juan is a good addition!

Star academy struggled for fields and with covid, it must have been real challenging. Juan doesn't leave to be staff coach somewhere unless no great future with Star since he was the DOC.

I may be wrong but Juan still is DoC at Star academy? Some coaches coach at more than one club in different capacity.

I haven’t seen coaches coaching youth teams at different clubs especially around the same geographical area. Most coaches coach different teams within the same club. Maybe it works if the clubs play in different leagues? DOC and coach at one club and coach at a different club sounds strange to me.
Star Academy has issues with consistent field access and lost one of their major supporters/sponsor recently. I wonder if he is just jumping ship or trying to merge the clubs somehow.

Hearing JP is doing both. Still tells me star isn't on great footing with the move and slowly dying with their field issues. I'd imagine AD begged him to come help since they lost a few coaches and timing was pretty good in general. Hope it works out well.

Hearing JP is doing both. Still tells me star isn't on great footing with the move and slowly dying with their field issues. I'd imagine AD begged him to come help since they lost a few coaches and timing was pretty good in general. Hope it works out well.
Deza followers are like Trump followers, no matter what he does you’ll still follow him... Is he a good girls youth soccer coach, yes! great coach by far no! He recruited girls while coaching at US National team regional camps and PDP session which he signed documents saying he wouldn’t. Actively recruiting players from other clubs in NorCal is illegal. He’s been booted out of every club he coached for except the ones he founded but still left them in turmoil, always taking his loyal players and families with him, now he’s left with nowhere to go. EQs didn’t have the numbers so he played his 04s at every age group (04’s-01’s). He Benefitted from a weak DA league with only a handful of good teams. His 04’s were regularly beaten handily by MVLA’s 04s (BA Barcelona, Juventus, Force, EQs, and Griffin’s... I think that’s all of them). MVLA beat Placer United 7 or 8 zero and they made it to DA Semi’s where they lost to the Quakes so that tells you what their competition was like. If he liked your player and you were completely loyal, meaning willing to jump from club to club with him he rewarded them by really marketing them to college coaches and national teams and did a great job at it. As far as coaching tactics and ability to coach different styles even possession styles, my opinion is he’s very limited. Girls aren’t given the freedom to problem solve in game, it’s plan A and plan A only. It will be interesting to see how his 04’s adjust to different coaching, they’re a good bunch of players so I look forward to following their college careers. Just my two cents, and history lesson for SoCal.

Deza followers are like Trump followers, no matter what he does you’ll still follow him... Is he a good girls youth soccer coach, yes! great coach by far no! He recruited girls while coaching at US National team regional camps and PDP session which he signed documents saying he wouldn’t. Actively recruiting players from other clubs in NorCal is illegal. He’s been booted out of every club he coached for except the ones he founded but still left them in turmoil, always taking his loyal players and families with him, now he’s left with nowhere to go. EQs didn’t have the numbers so he played his 04s at every age group (04’s-01’s). He Benefitted from a weak DA league with only a handful of good teams. His 04’s were regularly beaten handily by MVLA’s 04s (BA Barcelona, Juventus, Force, EQs, and Griffin’s... I think that’s all of them). MVLA beat Placer United 7 or 8 zero and they made it to DA Semi’s where they lost to the Quakes so that tells you what their competition was like. If he liked your player and you were completely loyal, meaning willing to jump from club to club with him he rewarded them by really marketing them to college coaches and national teams and did a great job at it. As far as coaching tactics and ability to coach different styles even possession styles, my opinion is he’s very limited. Girls aren’t given the freedom to problem solve in game, it’s plan A and plan A only. It will be interesting to see how his 04’s adjust to different coaching, they’re a good bunch of players so I look forward to following their college careers. Just my two cents, and history lesson for SoCal.
N
Deza is a really good trainer. I agree he tends to burn bridges but he brings good players together. He's not the recruiter but the parents do a good good job recruiting players. He has a good history of success and will see how that translates to college.

But, this was 4 years ago. They haven played each other since the with from DA.

Let's not forget the big game Surf 04' vs EQ 04' in early 2018. Everyone said they were the true #1 in Norcal and Surf was coming off the Natty in 2017 and were crowned #1 in the country, thank you very much :) Yes, that's right folks. The great Andrea Deza and all those goats lost 2-0. Then I hear later that the true #1 was MLVA, not EQ. Those were some fun times. Next year 2021/2022 ECNL is going to be BIG Time bro. I can;t wait for Surf Cup in August. So many kids not signed and will be looking to be seen. Who win the ECNL 03/04 championship in June 2022?

Agreed, the relevance of that depiction in regards to playing one another has not transpired for many years. Therefore seems to be irrelevant. Nor have many posters seen these two play. I saw them play at Surf Cup just prior to DA. It was a game of inches. The winner MVLA was lucky to win as much as DeAnza was unlucky to lose. In the end the best team did not win nor did the loser deserve to lose. Nonetheless Deza seems to be Oda Nobunaga reincarnated on a soccer field.

Andres is the best recruiter there is. Period. He tells the parents what they want to hear, such as telling an 2009 girl she was the next Peyton, center mid from their top 04 team. He has his chronies that do the dirty work for him too, reaching out to parents, then he swoops in for the kill when the prey is close enough. He is the worst of the worst, bad mouthing his own players, such as saying his 04 goalie was no good, and promising an 05 player she would travel with them to Florida prior to Covid, and start at centerback since what they had on the roster was no good. His accent works magic with the parents. Truth be told, his trainings suck. Rondos, all day everyday, and bull crap coordination drills he learned from Fiorentina coaches when they visited NorCal for a coaches training. With the youngers, if the girls can't run his rondos the way he likes, he seperates them and has them do cone drills.
All this comes from a parent that had a child play for him, in 2 different age groups, and never started on the bench. The worst part of all, he preached his "system" and you need to trust it. Yet, he would bring girls from Fresno and other places that came to train once a week or never came at all, and use them for DA games while his loyal, local paying followers were playing NPL. To each his own. By the way, he's back. He finally showed up to training. Hopefully he sticks around and doesn't move to Spain where his daughter is playing professionally now.

Andres is the best recruiter there is. Period. He tells the parents what they want to hear, such as telling an 2009 girl she was the next Peyton, center mid from their top 04 team. He has his chronies that do the dirty work for him too, reaching out to parents, then he swoops in for the kill when the prey is close enough. He is the worst of the worst, bad mouthing his own players, such as saying his 04 goalie was no good, and promising an 05 player she would travel with them to Florida prior to Covid, and start at centerback since what they had on the roster was no good. His accent works magic with the parents. Truth be told, his trainings suck. Rondos, all day everyday, and bull crap coordination drills he learned from Fiorentina coaches when they visited NorCal for a coaches training. With the youngers, if the girls can't run his rondos the way he likes, he seperates them and has them do cone drills.
All this comes from a parent that had a child play for him, in 2 different age groups, and never started on the bench. The worst part of all, he preached his "system" and you need to trust it. Yet, he would bring girls from Fresno and other places that came to train once a week or never came at all, and use them for DA games while his loyal, local paying followers were playing NPL. To each his own. By the way, he's back. He finally showed up to training. Hopefully he sticks around and doesn't move to Spain where his daughter is playing professionally now.
Hey, we played EQ in the in a big match up in 2018 GDA 04. It was for all the bragging rights because that team was the Force before but they all went over to EQ. I'm a fan of passing and more passing and then wear your opponent down and then attack them like a cat does a mouse. That team was fast as hell and they passed the rock. EQ team was very very good and #1 on paper in the country, except they didnt have 04 ring like Surf did in 2017. We were in for the toughest of all games when we played them. They had so many girls committed to P5 and so many YNT members. This game was circled by all the goats on Surf, especially my goat, Bahhhaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa!!!! Our coach had the perfect game plan. He would sit us back at half court and then yell, "press, press, press" and just like a dear in headlight, we scored a goal. We did that a few more times to rattle them and boy did we. It was my dd best game ever. No need to brag, just winning and my dd loves to play and win the big games. He and Deza were big time coaches and preached possession or take a hike. No ball hogs allowed. Kickballers were not allowed at all either. Our coach would take your ass off the field if you tried to dibble more then 3 times. They both bragged that their o4 and 03 teams were #1 in the country and they both had reasons for those brags. Anyway, good luck up North. What age is your dd and where she at now?

Hey, we played EQ in the in a big match up in 2018 GDA 04. It was for all the bragging rights because that team was the Force before but they all went over to EQ. I'm a fan of passing and more passing and then wear your opponent down and then attack them like a cat does a mouse. That team was fast as hell and they passed the rock. EQ team was very very good and #1 on paper in the country, except they didnt have 04 ring like Surf did in 2017. We were in for the toughest of all games when we played them. They had so many girls committed to P5 and so many YNT members. This game was circled by all the goats on Surf, especially my goat, Bahhhaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa!!!! Our coach had the perfect game plan. He would sit us back at half court and then yell, "press, press, press" and just like a dear in headlight, we scored a goal. We did that a few more times to rattle them and boy did we. It was my dd best game ever. No need to brag, just winning and my dd loves to play and win the big games. He and Deza were big time coaches and preached possession or take a hike. No ball hogs allowed. Kickballers were not allowed at all either. Our coach would take your ass off the field if you tried to dibble more then 3 times. They both bragged that their o4 and 03 teams were #1 in the country and they both had reasons for those brags. Anyway, good luck up North. What age is your dd and where she at now?
She is happy, and so am I. That's all that matters.

Hahaha! Just like a Deza worshipper, Bask in the the glory of his team’s past wins but then say it’s non-relevant because that’s too far in the past. I can only point out the the facts, MVLA beat his 04 team 90% of the time no matter what club they were playing with, including back to back wins at Surf and 1 week later at Mustang Stampede and also won their final match at Mustang Stampede. Now if you want to mask Deza’s loosing record to MVLA’s 04’s with words or phrases like lucky, weren’t the better team, non-relevant, that’s fine if it makes you feel better but it doesn’t change the facts unless you don’t live in reality. I think you can call him a great recruiter if no one is recruiting against him because it’s illegal in NorCal but if he were in SoCal I don’t know how great of a recruiter he would be when every club is recruiting.

Not true. Are you seriously comparing a team from 4 years ago to now? Not possible, players level out and some stop developing. Leave those parents alone there doing what's best for there kids.

Hahaha! Just like a Deza worshipper, Bask in the the glory of his team’s past wins but then say it’s non-relevant because that’s too far in the past. I can only point out the the facts, MVLA beat his 04 team 90% of the time no matter what club they were playing with, including back to back wins at Surf and 1 week later at Mustang Stampede and also won their final match at Mustang Stampede. Now if you want to mask Deza’s loosing record to MVLA’s 04’s with words or phrases like lucky, weren’t the better team, non-relevant, that’s fine if it makes you feel better but it doesn’t change the facts unless you don’t live in reality. I think you can call him a great recruiter if no one is recruiting against him because it’s illegal in NorCal but if he were in SoCal I don’t know how great of a recruiter he would be when every club is recruiting.
Great stuff and way to stand up for Mustangs. They might be the true #1. I do have a question. How on earth did they lose ECNL finals?

He develops kids and a young age. He's a really good training and you can't take that away from him. If I was him I would go back down to U9 and start over and build a team..

Great stuff and way to stand up for Mustangs. They might be the true #1. I do have a question. How on earth did they lose ECNL finals?
We get it Crush. You won the ENCL final 4 years ago when they were still babies. Stop living in the past and move on.

Wow! Tell us how you really feel? Deza has a strong personality but at the end of the day we wants whats best for the kids. Does he still have the Manager/ Parent who's pretty generous with his money paying for everything?

Great stuff and way to stand up for Mustangs. They might be the true #1 for sure in 04. The reason some of us bring it uI do have a question. How on earth did they lose ECNL finals?
We get it Crush. You won the ENCL final 4 years ago when they were still babies. Stop living in the past and move on.
No, we won the US Youth Soccer Championship before ECNL in 2017. The reason some of us talk about it is because of Glory Days Disease ((GDD)). I did not start this. I'm just giving you back ground noise. Listen, Deza and Dolinsky were the two best trainers in regards to possession play and winning. My dd today says the best trainer was PD. I get PMs bro from some of the greats and they say 100% Deza the trainer is one.of the greats. Plus, my dd played for the great TB. Thats four years offfggf amazing training. Tell you what. I will focus on the future from now on :)

Back