Where is Andres Deza

Hi, I’m new on here. We moved from Northern California to Southern California over the Summer. We are now established with a club and happy. One of my daughter’s friend told her that Andres has been MIA all season long. Is he gone now? Interesting, especially after the whole roll out he had for his new club.

Hi, I’m new on here. We moved from Northern California to Southern California over the Summer. We are now established with a club and happy. One of my daughter’s friend told her that Andres has been MIA all season long. Is he gone now? Interesting, especially after the whole roll out he had for his new club.
what club was that?

Welcome to Socal. Coach Deza had a great team when my dd battled his great 04 team. Man, that was some excellent possession teams. Last I heard he was in the bay area. I'm still looking for one of my dd old Docs.

I mean this was a month ago, but Deza is quoted:
This is no longer a rumor. My daughter’s friends have now confirmed he hasn’t been seen in months. Rumor is he used his name to create the new club, then bailed. Is he in Japan? Spain? Some of my friends (players moms) want answers and they’re not getting them.

This is no longer a rumor. My daughter’s friends have now confirmed he hasn’t been seen in months. Rumor is he used his name to create the new club, then bailed. Is he in Japan? Spain? Some of my friends (players moms) want answers and they’re not getting them.
His past behavior in other clubs has always made me wonder why people follow him all over; I would say that this isn't surprising that people are left wanting answers or are frustrated. There are other people at that club who are great coaches and if players don't bail as well they will be fine.

What sucks is he seems to be blaming the San Jose Earthquakes. He took that top 04 De Anza team mid way in the 2016-2017 season to SJ and went for greener pasture. The girls lost out on the best memory ever and Far West Regional and the Natty in Frisco. Poor girls!!! BTW, my dd team was crowned National Champion that year. I was so mad three years ago when no Force to battle FWR. Something hooked him to go? It's all starting to come together in my little brain but I will hold off speculating on this rumor mill.

What sucks is he seems to be blaming the San Jose Earthquakes. He took that top 04 De Anza team mid way in the 2016-2017 season to SJ and went for greener pasture. The girls lost out on the best memory ever and Far West Regional and the Natty in Frisco. Poor girls!!! BTW, my dd team was crowned National Champion that year. I was so mad three years ago when no Force to battle FWR.
From what I remember, his teams never participated beyond the "local" games for the USYS Far West Regional. I am trying to remember this correctly, but was the National Championship in Frisco about a week before Surf Cup? If so, the plan would have been the same if the girls stayed at De Anza - go to Surf, pass on the USYS tournament.

From what I remember, his teams never participated beyond the "local" games for the USYS Far West Regional. I am trying to remember this correctly, but was the National Championship in Frisco about a week before Surf Cup? If so, the plan would have been the same if the girls stayed at De Anza - go to Surf, pass on the USYS tournament.
Who knows. Surf and Blues went after the Natty at the U13 age. In fact, when we won, my dd skipped surf cup a few days later. Bakers skipped Surf Cup too after they won the Natty. I was told that Deza and my dd old coach were big time competitors and one was better then the other with possession style and coaching. I was told he was going to bring his team Force to FWR but got the deal to jump ship midway and head to San Jose with all those incredible players.

Looking at his new club’s instagram, fc bayarea, he is pictured today with the rest of the staff. He has been found! Do I get a prize?

I had talked to some people at the club and he was on a leave as far as they knew. That can mean many things, but I would say he is back. I haven't talked to them recently but I think he has found some talented young ladies and people he trusts around him so I would think he didn't abandon these people and is back at the club

His past behavior in other clubs has always made me wonder why people follow him all over; I would say that this isn't surprising that people are left wanting answers or are frustrated. There are other people at that club who are great coaches and if players don't bail as well they will be fine.

I totally get what you're saying. But if you look at what he's done since moving from De Anza to SJE, to Bay Area FC it's second to none. Most of all his kids are at good to great universities and thriving. He also had a pipeline to the youth national teams sending many kids to camps. I think playing for a coach with that kind of pull goes a long way and is the main reason why people follow him. It does come with a price lol

Just my two cents

From first hand experience I would say I don't agree with the "great coaches" part of this statement. Deza tends to burn through players and coaches at an alarming rate. He wants absolute control and when coaches bring their own ideas it doesn't always work out. I'd also say that he has had two really great teams. His 98s and the 04s which he took over at Force. Beyond that nothing that stands out. Don't get me wrong. He is a great trainer, but also very challenging to deal with. There are lots of solid NorCal clubs and coaches out there and I don't think his brand is as unique as folks want thought.

From first hand experience I would say I don't agree with the "great coaches" part of this statement. Deza tends to burn through players and coaches at an alarming rate. He wants absolute control and when coaches bring their own ideas it doesn't always work out. I'd also say that he has had two really great teams. His 98s and the 04s which he took over at Force. Beyond that nothing that stands out. Don't get me wrong. He is a great trainer, but also very challenging to deal with. There are lots of solid NorCal clubs and coaches out there and I don't think his brand is as unique as folks want thought.
I concur with most of this but some of the other coaches that are there I have heard are respected.

I totally get what you're saying. But if you look at what he's done since moving from De Anza to SJE, to Bay Area FC it's second to none. Most of all his kids are at good to great universities and thriving. He also had a pipeline to the youth national teams sending many kids to camps. I think playing for a coach with that kind of pull goes a long way and is the main reason why people follow him. It does come with a price lol

Just my two cents
I would say there are a handful of players in that group from the 04 group and congrats to them for sure. I would also say that the move to DA helped with the National team connection. MVLA didn't have near as many players going to National camps after the DA was formed and ECNL players were somewhat left in the lurch on that move. To each their own and like I said he was not my cup of tea or my daughters

Back