Where is Andres Deza

That's unfortunate. Looks like she's only been there 4/5 months. That's 2 female coaches leaving within 1 years time. We need more women coaches in the sport so hopefully they'll find better opportunities to coach.
What are you talking about? They are both still coaching and did find better opportunities. What is unfortunate about career growth for women?

Natalia left to become an Assistant Coach for the NWSL team in KC.

Erin left to become the first female coach in the MLS Academy.

Is someone talking out of their ... lack of knowledge? ;)

What are you talking about? They are both still coaching and did find better opportunities. What is unfortunate about career growth for women?

Natalia left to become an Assistant Coach for the NWSL team in KC.

Erin left to become the first female coach in the MLS Academy.

Is someone talking out of their ... lack of knowledge? ;)
I'm talking about how MOST coaches never stay with Deza because he's hard to get along with and leave... That's great news and glad they've found great opportunities to continue their success. We need more women coaches in the soccer area and I wish them both the best. Thanks for the knowledge!;)

I'm talking about how MOST coaches never stay with Deza because he's hard to get along with and leave... That's great news and glad they've found great opportunities to continue their success. We need more women coaches in the soccer area and I wish them both the best. Thanks for the knowledge!;)

Erin left to take an MSL Academy job (was not a good coach to begin with imho)
Natalia became an NWSL Asst. Coach (never really knew her)
Juan Poras became a DOC of a club (amazing coach)
Luciano Fusco is one of the technical trainers on the boys side of EQ (another amazing coach)

Those look like coaching advancements rather than step backs. I agree that he could be seen as hard to get a long with but I'm sure that Nick Saban is hard to coach for and look what his assistants have done. I'm not comparing Deza to Saban, but looking at advancement opportunities for coaching under someone as good as Deza.

Erin left to take an MSL Academy job (was not a good coach to begin with imho)
Natalia became an NWSL Asst. Coach (never really knew her)
Juan Poras became a DOC of a club (amazing coach)
Luciano Fusco is one of the technical trainers on the boys side of EQ (another amazing coach)

Those look like coaching advancements rather than step backs. I agree that he could be seen as hard to get a long with but I'm sure that Nick Saban is hard to coach for and look what his assistants have done. I'm not comparing Deza to Saban, but looking at advancement opportunities for coaching under someone as good as Deza.
Diego was a great coach, and very highly qualified. Gone! Jovan was also a great coach, gone. Luis Perdomo, gone. The list goes on and on.

Diego was a great coach, and very highly qualified. Gone! Jovan was also a great coach, gone. Luis Perdomo, gone. The list goes on and on.

This Deza guy sounds like an amazing coach. It looks like he is a stepping stone on the path to continued success for a lot of coaches. Based on what I read on this thread, he is a coach that you would want to work with because he manages to open doors to better opportunities for others.

Great coach, selfless, promotes others and so and so on...

From what I've heard is that he is very transparent with the coaches that he chooses and that chose to work with him. I've heard that he tells them straight up I would like to work with you but you can likely make more money elsewhere. I think coaches get in and work with him learn his system and become more valuable commodities in the soccer community and take advantage of great higher paying positions with other clubs.

At the end of the day, parents take their players to Deza. Not the other coaches. He's a great coach. The problem here is that Deza is gone too! In 8 months he's only showed his face 1 time on a social media post, and his Zoom meetings. That's the purpose of this thread, where is he?

At the end of the day, parents take their players to Deza. Not the other coaches. He's a great coach. The problem here is that Deza is gone too! In 8 months he's only showed his face 1 time on a social media post, and his Zoom meetings. That's the purpose of this thread, where is he?
Deza is probably positioning himself for a college position somewhere. There was a rumor about him taking a position at UCLA. Not sure if that's true or not but not sure his coaching style will transition to the Pac-12. Again that was a rumor at least 6 months ago....

Deza is probably positioning himself for a college position somewhere. There was a rumor about him taking a position at UCLA. Not sure if that's true or not but not sure his coaching style will transition to the Pac-12. Again that was a rumor at least 6 months ago....

Does he coach boys and girls or just girls?

I may have seen him at Jose Maria’s in Segovia eating suckling pig and drinking red wine.

Attachments

• 348ACC85-A1A2-4758-AE07-D7D6906F453B.jpeg
    348ACC85-A1A2-4758-AE07-D7D6906F453B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back