What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

Ballooning Virus Count in my view is a non-issue for the most part (good to review trends though); testing frequency increased tremendously, one of the big reasons that state governments have changed their opening requirements to the Death trend....
I'm surprised they aren't using hospitalizations / ICU patients as that would lead the death trend a bit. It does appear that cases are not as strong an indicator of hospitalizations as they had been. Also, while it has been mentioned that GA opened up "the right way", it could also simply be that they opened up at the right time - late spring and early summer. The flu typically drops then as well.

The problem is it is hard to use any decline in hospitalizations or deaths as a basis things are better because generally speaking hospitalizations and deaths represent what was going on about a month ago which is when we were in lock down. The life cycle of the disease is such that what we are doing now will be reflected in hospitalizations and deaths about a month from now. We opened up and had protests so the effects of that (if any) will start to show in about a month.
Everything I see indicates it's a little less than 2 weeks on average from infection (4-5 days to symptoms) to hospitalization (5-10 days after symptoms). Positive tests should show up in less than a week after infection if people get tested when symptomatic.

Oh and if the above didn't give you a chuckle....read what supposed "health experts" had to say about the protests and why protesting is OK during the covid situation.

Science. Get it while you can. Changes apparently for some based on politics. Follow the link below and you can see the letter and the names of the smart people who advocate for this.

"More than a thousand public health experts signed an open letter specifically stating that "we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States."

Oh and if the above didn't give you a chuckle....read what supposed "health experts" had to say about the protests and why protesting is OK during the covid situation.

Science. Get it while you can. Changes apparently for some based on politics. Follow the link below and you can see the letter and the names of the smart people who advocate for this.

"More than a thousand public health experts signed an open letter specifically stating that "we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States."

Here's my best guess: Social gatherings and childcare groups do not keep their distance and generally do not wear masks while protestors can still stay 6 feet apart and will wear masks. We've not been to any gatherings in which children or adults are able to maintain social distancing or keep their masks on but maybe it's because our friends and family are weak:)

Here's my best guess: Social gatherings and childcare groups do not keep their distance and generally do not wear masks while protestors can still stay 6 feet apart and will wear masks. We've not been to any gatherings in which children or adults are able to maintain social distancing or keep their masks on but maybe it's because our friends and family are weak:)
Like how these protesters in the county do it?

Screenshot_20200605-170630.png

Like how these protesters in the county do it?

View attachment 7452
Appears most are wearing face masks plus they have those large poster boards to protect themselves too. The other protestors probably need more poster boards. Haha The other photo is too far and I can't tell if people are wearing masks. I hope they let groups of 24 athletes train together. I can't wait to kick my children out of my house. For soccer, that is.

The party of science. Anyone care to square this circle?

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

View attachment 7450

Even without the influence of lobbying, there's typically a cost-benefit analysis applied to all public health judgments. Certain activities are considered worth the risks posed to societal health resources, others are not. That can definitely involve a political judgment about what's worth the risk and what isn't, but it doesn't mean that the health risk side of the equation doesn't involve science. It just means someone considers the other side of the equation (economic cost, constitutional rights, political costs, etc) to be worth more than the marginal cost of increased risk of transmission.

Agree, but let’s not turn the whole site into good news thread.

Hope we get back to playing soon.

Appears most are wearing face masks plus they have those large poster boards to protect themselves too. The other protestors probably need more poster boards. Haha The other photo is too far and I can't tell if people are wearing masks. I hope they let groups of 24 athletes train together. I can't wait to kick my children out of my house. For soccer, that is.
you understand most are wearing masks to HIDE their faces not to stop the spread......right?

Certain activities are considered worth the risks posed to societal health resources, others are not.
That is actually the point.

The protests/riots are the groups this gov entity panders to.

If they were concerned about the virus per say, whether or not it was their political constituency, the health risks would dictate not doing it according to what they have been telling everyone else.

If it were the science they tell us, then by definition they would not allow protests.

And that is the problem. Their support of social distancing depends on politics.

The fact that we're always at the mercy of people who control the availability of the fields is just another reminder that youth soccer in US is way too organized. Kids have been playing pick-up basketball at my local elementary school with friends for weeks now. US Soccer, MLS, or whoever feels it's important for US to excel in soccer needs to invest money to turn one of the basketball courts at every elementary school into a simple, concrete futsal court.

I imagine if there is a futsal court in every neighborhood where kids can just show up and play pick-up, many of us would not care when organized soccer returns.

Back