What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

Well Ussf published this today, too bad were still in phase ZERO

article

According to this July & August tournaments outside time guidelines unless we start now

Why? Plenty of data in America. Children basically have zero chance of dying. The common flu has a much higher death rate for children. That’s a fact.
The flu does have a high death rate for children. Please remember, kids have not been in school, kids have not been in sports, kids have not been hanging out as they do during the flu season. Brazil had released pictures of a baby they had saved that had been on a ventilator for over 30 days, baby was six months old and healthy before the covid, wonderful pic of mom and dad taking their daughter home. Then they continued to say that they were unable to save another twenty-five babies under twelve months who had covid. Terrible. They probably weren't able to physical distance like we have in our country. Just a lot to think about as we go back to our normal life. Stay safe wash your hands, I think most of us have always done that but must make sure our children do it often and correctly.

Well Ussf published this today, too bad were still in phase ZERO

Yeah, with this timetable, if CalSouth says its mandatory, unless things miraculously start in the next 2 weeks, there's no way for there to be large tournaments in August. The fall season also got more dubious in LA County if its lockdown continued to July 1, let alone for another corona spike from the protests.

The flu does have a high death rate for children. Please remember, kids have not been in school, kids have not been in sports, kids have not been hanging out as they do during the flu season. Brazil had released pictures of a baby they had saved that had been on a ventilator for over 30 days, baby was six months old and healthy before the covid, wonderful pic of mom and dad taking their daughter home. Then they continued to say that they were unable to save another twenty-five babies under twelve months who had covid. Terrible. They probably weren't able to physical distance like we have in our country. Just a lot to think about as we go back to our normal life. Stay safe wash your hands, I think most of us have always done that but must make sure our children do it often and correctly.
I told my dd I have to monitor her now and make sure she washes her hands besides all the other things a dad needs to monitor. Copa, your going to get what your on here for in LA and Socal. Unless we have protest and some riots from soccer parents and their kids, no soccer in LA and probably socal until next year folks. San Diego maight pull it off. We all need to stay home and shelter in place, wash your hands and wear a mask. We can sit at home and watch others on tv go out every day for 10 days straight. I'm really done with soccer. I'm on to the next adventure, surfing!!!

Not if you take out the Nursing home #’s.
It’s time to face the reality that the world needs to move forward.
Kicker, you guys need help in LA. It's not looking good and I'm super pissed off. We need LA and the South Bay and East LA and San Gabriel Valley. We both want the most important things too so I'm praying for you guys. Sorry for being a dick sometimes. It was me being competitive, that's all it was. Peace!!!

Note the chart of deaths in AZ I just posted above. So while the state of AZ is showing increased cases (we have ramped up testing) take a look at deaths per day and see how fast those are dropping off.

The chart above comes from the state of AZ.
The problem is it is hard to use any decline in hospitalizations or deaths as a basis things are better because generally speaking hospitalizations and deaths represent what was going on about a month ago which is when we were in lock down. The life cycle of the disease is such that what we are doing now will be reflected in hospitalizations and deaths about a month from now. We opened up and had protests so the effects of that (if any) will start to show in about a month.

If San Diego is starting soccer, why doesn’t OC do the same?

No one can even begin to start until state issues guidance.

Once that is is done local health can determine how and when.

Once those two steps are done then facilities can determine how and when to permit.

All this takes time but you have to start somewhere, the sooner the better is what most are hoping for.

It will not be anything specific. It will be a release from the governor to give the counties the autonomy to make decisions what they want to with their specific counties. County of SD has it ready already, just waiting from him to say go.

It will not be anything specific. It will be a release from the governor to give the counties the autonomy to make decisions what they want to with their specific counties. County of SD has it ready already, just waiting from him to say go.

I listen in everyday but governor already said he was giving counties discretion during the last news conference about covid. Maybe something different today?

The problem is it is hard to use any decline in hospitalizations or deaths as a basis things are better because generally speaking hospitalizations and deaths represent what was going on about a month ago which is when we were in lock down. The life cycle of the disease is such that what we are doing now will be reflected in hospitalizations and deaths about a month from now. We opened up and had protests so the effects of that (if any) will start to show in about a month.
The trends are down. Georgia opened up long before AZ. So what do we see there?
Screenshot_20200605-101216.png

The trends are down. Georgia opened up long before AZ. So what do we see there?
We see that it is possible to open safely, and that GA got the details right. They did a lot of work on distance, telecommuting, masks, testing, sanitation, protecting nursing homes, and sanitation.

My fear is that AZ got the details wrong. You have a hockey stick in your case count graph, starting 10 days ago. I don’t think it is just an artifact of testing improvements. It looks like you have a ballooning virus count.

Read the recommendations on the GA public health website. It was a lot more complicated than you’re giving them credit for.

That is going to happen today. News conference at noon from the governor.

Sounds good

I just looked at today's update 10am and didn't notice any new county variance(s). Not open looks to be the same

Are there some specifics that's are going to be changed at a news conference? Or in weeks not days there is a new roadmap or something?

This could be one work-around on beginning some form of training with small groups of players in Los Angeles. Not sure how they define fitness businesses, but if they allow exercise classes outdoor, there are certainly things you can do with players that should qualify, including with a ball.

This could be one work-around on beginning some form of training with small groups of players in Los Angeles. Not sure how they define fitness businesses, but if they allow exercise classes outdoor, there are certainly things you can do with players that should qualify, including with a ball.

Won't help in regards to permitting youth club soccer at LA city rec& parks facilities which have a different process where AYSO has the fields mostly anyways or Rec& parks uses the fields for in house classes or city programs.

Might help more personal trainers get permits to train at parks but the city requires a bunch of insurance, documents, and other stuff that adds up. Will they waive some of that? Reduce fees? Or not take 90 days or more to act on permit requests?

Back