What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

The flu does have a high death rate for children. Please remember, kids have not been in school, kids have not been in sports, kids have not been hanging out as they do during the flu season. Brazil had released pictures of a baby they had saved that had been on a ventilator for over 30 days, baby was six months old and healthy before the covid, wonderful pic of mom and dad taking their daughter home. Then they continued to say that they were unable to save another twenty-five babies under twelve months who had covid. Terrible. They probably weren't able to physical distance like we have in our country. Just a lot to think about as we go back to our normal life. Stay safe wash your hands, I think most of us have always done that but must make sure our children do it often and correctly.
We see that it is possible to open safely, and that GA got the details right. They did a lot of work on distance, telecommuting, masks, testing, sanitation, protecting nursing homes, and sanitation.

My fear is that AZ got the details wrong. You have a hockey stick in your case count graph, starting 10 days ago. I don’t think it is just an artifact of testing improvements. It looks like you have a ballooning virus count.

Read the recommendations on the GA public health website. It was a lot more complicated than you’re giving them credit for.

Ballooning Virus Count in my view is a non-issue for the most part (good to review trends though); testing frequency increased tremendously, one of the big reasons that state governments have changed their opening requirements to the Death trend....

The trends are down. Georgia opened up long before AZ. So what do we see there?
View attachment 7445
I found this very interesting and hopeful so I went to the Georgia website. I couldn't find any similar charts for hospitalizations nor could I find any information on current hospitalizations. For some crazy reason they are just adding up how many hospitalizations have occurred over time and then a disclaimer that the number is most likely understated. It looks like hospitalizations have increased by approximately 30% since May 20 (I found an article that told the number on May 20). However, I also found articles that said the daily hospitalizations are decreasing. As with most numbers, there are many things that go into numbers that change the picture. On the face of it, the information presented provides a hopeful picture but here in OC our daily hospitalizations continue to increase.

Your numbers are worse, or were.

And you’re next to LA, so people worry it will spill over.
OC is better off than SD, especially in Deaths, which really count the most. The more you test, the more cases.

County -----------------------------------Cases---------------Deaths----------Active Cases-------Tests
Los Angeles59,6502,53157,119646,080[county] [state]
Riverside8,3033453,061125,268[county] [state]
San Diego7,9403122,497176,387[county] [state]
Orange6,9391653,884144,916[county] [state]
San Bernardino5,7932102,24069,266[county] [state]

In reality if you throw out LA County the others are all pretty close to each other. All should open.

If San Diego is starting soccer, why doesn’t OC do the same?
That hasn't happened yet, although there is some speculation that it will. In terms, of OC, I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that San Diego has been more proactive with the reopening of sports. San Diego County supervisors submitted a plan a few weeks ago to Newsom for accelerated reopening (ie Phase 3 activities in Phase 2) of certain activities including 12 player practices with restrictions. All the activities submitted were approved by Newsom with the exception of the reopening youth sports. Supervisor Gaspar in particular has been lobbying hard for youth sports.

That hasn't happened yet, although there is some speculation that it will. In terms, of OC, I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that San Diego has been more proactive with the reopening of sports. San Diego County supervisors submitted a plan a few weeks ago to Newsom for accelerated reopening (ie Phase 3 activities in Phase 2) of certain activities including 12 player practices with restrictions. All the activities submitted were approved by Newsom with the exception of the reopening youth sports. Supervisor Gaspar in particular has been lobbying hard for youth sports.
Some OC ECNL/ECRL teams are holding some practices

Some OC ECNL/ECRL teams are holding some practices
Without the State's Nanny's permission. I suspect some teams are practicing in SD as well. This article implies that OC is a little behind the curve in terms of requesting the reopening of youth sports.

Many of the experts said we need to restrict group gatherings to 25 people or less and wear masks and maintain 6 ft distance to prevent a surge in infections and those are three of the main restrictions in many states including California and New York . Obviously our state and local officials thought this was serious enough to keep these restrictions in place despite raging unemployment and a devastated economy .

We have had peaceful protests and not so peaceful riots 9 straight days and nights in many cities and most states . The majority of these protests have consisted of peaceful very large groups of people . In those situations most people have had a hard time maintaining a 6 ft social distance and many wore masks and many did not.

If the experts are right we should see a very large increase in infections over the next one to two weeks over much of the US .

If we don't see this large increase in infections it would appear the experts were wrong and it seems reasonable that we should lift the restrictions and open up our struggling economy and get people working again to support their families . Or at least the restrictions should be greatly reduced in most states and eliminated in others.

Sounds good

I just looked at today's update 10am and didn't notice any new county variance(s). Not open looks to be the same

Are there some specifics that's are going to be changed at a news conference? Or in weeks not days there is a new roadmap or something?
Newsom said in the Q & A portion of the news conference that new guidelines for opening nail salons, etc are coming today. Hopefully that includes youth sports. The conference was about injustice, protests so he only touched on it very briefly

Many of the experts said we need to restrict group gatherings to 25 people or less and wear masks and maintain 6 ft distance to prevent a surge in infections and those are three of the main restrictions in many states including California and New York . Obviously our state and local officials thought this was serious enough to keep these restrictions in place despite raging unemployment and a devastated economy .

We have had peaceful protests and not so peaceful riots 9 straight days and nights in many cities and most states . The majority of these protests have consisted of peaceful very large groups of people . In those situations most people have had a hard time maintaining a 6 ft social distance and many wore masks and many did not.

If the experts are right we should see a very large increase in infections over the next one to two weeks over much of the US .

If we don't see this large increase in infections it would appear the experts were wrong and it seems reasonable that we should lift the restrictions and open up our struggling economy and get people working again to support their families . Or at least the restrictions should be greatly reduced in most states and eliminated in others.

you do understand people are much closer to one another at the grocery store in a closed environment then at these protest. Its physically impossible to maintain 6ft going out for grocery's.........but yet some how 22 players on an open soccer field pose a threat, a threat great enough to shut down youth sports everywhere

I'm just repeating myself but experts have yet to be right, why would we need to wait another two weeks for them to be wrong again? When Georgia reopened and Wisconsin held elections the experts said it would have tragic Covid consequences...not even remotely close. Deaths actually have declined. There is not a state that has reopened that has had a material increase (most are decreases) in the death rate, or hospitalization rate (for those states that report hospitalizations).

Good news, unemployment figure down to 13.5%. Some bad news in my opinion, my friend just came back from Havasu where people were not physical distancing and no masks. She is now sick with fever over 101, with Tylenol 100 and severe sweats at night. Going to contact doctor today. If she is positive for covid it will show up for OC, not Arizona. Just continue to practice safety guidelines as we open up.

you do understand people are much closer to one another at the grocery store in a closed environment then at these protest. Its physically impossible to maintain 6ft going out for grocery's.........but yet some how 22 players on an open soccer field pose a threat, a threat great enough to shut down youth sports everywhere
Remember it is a contact sport, especially for the olders.

Reopening California: State to allow schools, pro sports, gyms, bars to begin resuming operations next week.

"California will allow schools, day camps, bars, gyms and professional sports with modifications to begin reopening starting next Friday.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has been moving the state through a methodical four-step process for reopening. Most of the new businesses are part of "Phase 3." Nail salons will not be included in the list"

Reopening California: State to allow schools, pro sports, gyms, bars to begin resuming operations next week.

"California will allow schools, day camps, bars, gyms and professional sports with modifications to begin reopening starting next Friday.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has been moving the state through a methodical four-step process for reopening. Most of the new businesses are part of "Phase 3." Nail salons will not be included in the list"
Professional sports listed, is youth sports included?

Good news, unemployment figure down to 13.5%. Some bad news in my opinion, my friend just came back from Havasu where people were not physical distancing and no masks. She is now sick with fever over 101, with Tylenol 100 and severe sweats at night. Going to contact doctor today. If she is positive for covid it will show up for OC, not Arizona. Just continue to practice safety guidelines as we open up.
Keep us posted on your friend. Prayers to her. Let me know if she dies and or passes this on to someone else who passes it to someone who passes it to some one else who passes it on to someone else who dies. Thanks for the Warning too!!!. Hey everyone. Attention: Someone from lake Havasu has 101 temp. Please stay where you are now if you were in that area the last few days. Put your hands up now!!! Plus, kneel as well. Do not leave your place except for essentials the next 14 days. Call in sick or better yet, go on unemployment!! Watch tv too and no kids can play. Be on the look out for a fever of 103.........I pray for your friend.......

Last edited:
Professional sports listed, is youth sports included?

Nope they are two separate entities.

Let's see the guidance when it's put out and what's included for next Friday.

Schools and gym are a good start, rec centers, pools, playrounds would be nice to see included.

Seen the camp draft guidance previously so unless it's open to more people and/or activities pretty much a restrictive bummer for most kids.

Back