What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

And what reduces child and teen obesity? Team sports. So we may be doing more damage to the youth of america by making them stay inside then coronavirus every would.
100% agree....there is also a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and severity of Covid symptoms. Which may shed some light as to why cases in some states like AZ aren’t going down dramatically but the hospitalization rates are.

Many hairdressers were doing home visits. My stylist told me she did 71 over the shut down. Being in an enclosed place with a person standing over you for an hour to 2 hours is worse exposure than kids playing soccer outside. There is millions that flow through the economy for club fees.
The club fees are still being collected, very few refunds.

So obesity can cut life expectancy by 8 years, extreme obesity can cut life expectancy up to 14 years. 18.5% are obese between ages 6-11 and 20% are obese between the ages of 12-19. Those numbers are sure to go up with stay at home rules. I'm fine with parents staying in cars during practice, but let the kids out. They need it. From rec to club our kids need to be active. Team sports helps them be active. That isn't even counting the emotional and mental aspects that sports helps with.

Note the chart of deaths in AZ I just posted above. So while the state of AZ is showing increased cases (we have ramped up testing) take a look at deaths per day and see how fast those are dropping off.

The chart above comes from the state of AZ.
I think we are in agreement....was just noting that we may in part be seeing a reduction in the severity of cases due to people being outside in the sun getting Vitamin D. Which studies have shown a correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and increased severity of the affect C19 has on a person.

I think we are in agreement....was just noting that we may in part be seeing a reduction in the severity of cases due to people being outside in the sun getting Vitamin D. Which studies have shown a correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and increased severity of the affect C19 has on a person.
This would explain several other anecdotal observations from Italy, GA and TX.

Similar chart (I think) for San Diego from the San Diego Union Tribune.
View attachment 7424
Ok, to make an "apples to apples" comparison, I took the daily hospitalization below and created a 14-day moving average to compare with the positive test 14-day average you have above. Now, a 14-day average will really lag when things are changing quickly (up or down). Notice the positive cases starts dropping about the first few days of May then levels out about May 24 - a three-week drop. If you look at hospitalizations, notice they start dropping about two weeks later (May 17). Assuming other factors haven't changed, we'd expect another week of dropping hospitalizations as they have been dropping for two weeks.

1591322007890.png

A little more on the virus and children, according to the CDC, the fatality total among children under 18 without an underlying condition is 1. .
https://thehill.com/opinion/education/500349-science-says-open-the-schools
It is clear that kids are not at great risk for covid. My son has asthma and believe it or not I have not been able to find to much info on his risk level. His doctor said he would think he would handle it about the same as the flu. I'm not to sure that we know enough about the virus to feel comfortable with that answer. Anyone have any other info regarding coronavirus and asthma in teens?

Reactions: htk
It is clear that kids are not at great risk for covid. My son has asthma and believe it or not I have not been able to find to much info on his risk level. His doctor said he would think he would handle it about the same as the flu. I'm not to sure that we know enough about the virus to feel comfortable with that answer. Anyone have any other info regarding coronavirus and asthma in teens?

There's not a whole lot of data but they are beginning to think asthma does not enhance the risk a lot. The virus may leave asthmatics more weasy though afterwards and short of air. The reason is because COVID seems to be not primarily a respiratory disease but a systemic one attacking the circulatory system, digestive system and nervous system as well as the lungs.

Unclear how mandatory the new US Soccer timetables are, but if CalSouth sticks to them: 1) it means unless we started in the next 2-4 weeks the fall soccer season is unlikely to happen. Given Los Angeles County will likely run several weeks behind the rest, while it's still possible in the other counties and it's great people are talking, the fall season in Los Angeles County is especially doubtful. 2) Unless they get going in the next 2 weeks or so, it's impossible for the large scale tournaments to take place in August and in any case they will be radically reduced in size.

There's not a whole lot of data but they are beginning to think asthma does not enhance the risk a lot. The virus may leave asthmatics more weasy though afterwards and short of air. The reason is because COVID seems to be not primarily a respiratory disease but a systemic one attacking the circulatory system, digestive system and nervous system as well as the lungs.

Thanks! I had seen some vague information as well that it may not be as high a risk as they thought. It's so strange because asthma is a respiratory disease and covid is a respiratory virus!

Back