What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

I‘m talking age and income, not race.
Bullshit. Golf was a rich mans sport many, many years ago. And Tennis costs very little at the rec level.
I get it.. In your world (when you peek out from under your bed) Black man plays basketball, white man play golf.

They opened Chester Washington GC, Alondra GC, The Links at Victoria at the same time as all the other courses. Those tracks are not exactly in Newport Beach.

Remind me again how many business were looted and burned down then?
Police need to go after the looters and anarchists, instead of standing in a line all day in front of peaceful protesters. Arrest the looters, and THEN come back for the curfew breakers.

I know we’re all interested in opening back up this wonderful product called youth club soccer. It’s really an amazing thing. Very beautiful. Actually. And there’s another beautiful thing, people tell me, called La Liga and also Premier League. Closed down for some reason. But not sure why. Probably the libs. But soccer will come back. It’s beautiful. Perhaps, a beautiful game. A very beautiful game is what I think I would call it. And I’m probably the first person to come up with that.

I know we’re all interested in opening back up this wonderful product called youth club soccer. It’s really an amazing thing. Very beautiful. Actually. And there’s another beautiful thing, people tell me, called La Liga and also Premier League. Closed down for some reason. But not sure why. Probably the libs. But soccer will come back. It’s beautiful. Perhaps, a beautiful game. A very beautiful game is what I think I would call it. And I’m probably the first person to come up with that.
That would be a deflection because the actual answer doesn't fit your preferred narrative. Grace is all over this. It is inconsistent and nonsensical, which is when people will no longer comply. The federal/state/local messaging and policy positions have been atrocious. Impossible to defend no youth sports outside but malls are open. Ticketing people for going to church and staying in their cars, but not ticketing people for standing next to each other in a mass group while breaking a curfew? Home Depot is OK, but not Best Buy? Looting is not an infection issue, but going alone to the beach is? The OC Park's department on its website this morning has a note providing that building a sandcastle is not permitted. Really? Care to explain that one? Doesn't say by more than one person, just not permitted. No umbrellas, either. Or sunbathing. I missed all the data out of Italy about how sitting alone under an umbrella at the beach was such a dangerous transmission risk. Target is OK, but people can't get married or have a funeral regardless of their mitigation activities? There is no data supporting that minor children engaged in sporting activity outside has proven to be any source of increased transmission risk to the kids, their families or the public at large. We now have several weeks of data from states where these activities are permitted. Where is the hospitalization spike connected to these activities in those states? There isn't one. Was government right to react aggressively in the face of an unknown risk? Sure. Has it been right to refuse to adapt to new information in a timely or consistent way? No, it hasn't. And why have those who refused to adapt tended to be Democrats? You remember that they are the science party, right? I guess only scary science, though. Gov. Whitmer threatened those protesting her shut in order with another month of restrictions based on the exposure risk the presented by protesting. I haven't heard any governor say that about these current protests, which are obviously dramatically larger. Have you? If COVID was such a risk that we needed to shut down the national economy and today keep it in largely a crippled state to protect the public against transmission of this virus, what difference would it make what the subject of the protest was? Exactly zero if we are talking science. But we aren't. We are talking politics in an election year.

That would be a deflection because the actual answer doesn't fit your preferred narrative. Grace is all over this. It is inconsistent and nonsensical, which is when people will no longer comply. The federal/state/local messaging and policy positions have been atrocious. Impossible to defend no youth sports outside but malls are open. Ticketing people for going to church and staying in their cars, but not ticketing people for standing next to each other in a mass group while breaking a curfew? Home Depot is OK, but not Best Buy? Looting is not an infection issue, but going alone to the beach is? The OC Park's department on its website this morning has a note providing that building a sandcastle is not permitted. Really? Care to explain that one? Doesn't say by more than one person, just not permitted. No umbrellas, either. Or sunbathing. I missed all the data out of Italy about how sitting alone under an umbrella at the beach was such a dangerous transmission risk. Target is OK, but people can't get married or have a funeral regardless of their mitigation activities? There is no data supporting that minor children engaged in sporting activity outside has proven to be any source of increased transmission risk to the kids, their families or the public at large. We now have several weeks of data from states where these activities are permitted. Where is the hospitalization spike connected to these activities in those states? There isn't one. Was government right to react aggressively in the face of an unknown risk? Sure. Has it been right to refuse to adapt to new information in a timely or consistent way? No, it hasn't. And why have those who refused to adapt tended to be Democrats? You remember that they are the science party, right? I guess only scary science, though. Gov. Whitmer threatened those protesting her shut in order with another month of restrictions based on the exposure risk the presented by protesting. I haven't heard any governor say that about these current protests, which are obviously dramatically larger. Have you? If COVID was such a risk that we needed to shut down the national economy and today keep it in largely a crippled state to protect the public against transmission of this virus, what difference would it make what the subject of the protest was? Exactly zero if we are talking science. But we aren't. We are talking politics in an election year.
I know this is a small subset in a far away land, but they are having soccer tournaments in Oklahoma next weekend. Just saying, this is 100% political and there's nothing we can do about it. If Trump were to resign the presidency tomorrow we would have our first soccer tournament July 4th weekend.

Bullshit. Golf was a rich mans sport many, many years ago. And Tennis costs very little at the rec level.
I get it.. In your world (when you peek out from under your bed) Black man plays basketball, white man play golf.

They opened Chester Washington GC, Alondra GC, The Links at Victoria at the same time as all the other courses. Those tracks are not exactly in Newport Beach.

So, your argument is swearing and an ad-hominem attack? Classy.

You were saying something about golf not being a rich old man’s sport.

Average age of golfers is 54. Median income is over 100K.

Average age of basketball players is about 30. Skate park users in my town are almost all 15-25.

That’s why golf is open, but skate parks are closed. The old men who control government feel sympathetic to the needs of golfers, so the golf course is opened. The old men who control government do not feel sympathetic to the needs of skateboarders, so the skate parks stay closed.

Distance is the excuse. Age and sympathy are the reason.

Average age of basketball players is about 30. Skate park users in my town are almost all 15-25.

That’s why golf is open, but skate parks are closed. The old men who control government feel sympathetic to the needs of golfers, so the golf course is opened. The old men who control government do not feel sympathetic to the needs of skateboarders, so the skate parks stay closed.

Wrong daddy o. They wanted to keep the kids home to cause problems for everyone and make life sh*t for the kids and for single moms or single dad or both parents who have to work and they sure in the hell made life horrible for small business owners who happen to employ most of the young folks. No one watching the kids either except all you rich ass white liberals who have guilt written all over their faces because they don;t lift a finger and actually go do the heavy lifting to combat racism. I knew a rich white guy who called himself a disciple of Jesus. He gave so much money everyone loved him. However, when it came to helping and spending time with people the way Jesus did, he was nowhere to be found. However, the church loved his money and all was good. I know you like to be cute and so do i sometimes but your BS is starting to get on my nerves like the sh*t you pulled on me before Corona and Riots. U r a very interesting person but hey, you keep things going. I was telling my wife how do people not see what I see and she laughed and she said this, "You have a gift."

I know this is a small subset in a far away land, but they are having soccer tournaments in Oklahoma next weekend. Just saying, this is 100% political and there's nothing we can do about it. If Trump were to resign the presidency tomorrow we would have our first soccer tournament July 4th weekend.
Club soccer parents are well-off and educated and yet so anti-science and conspiratorial. The GOAT Lionel Messi has been sidelined for months. The greatness of the game as exemplified on European grass is on hold. Fans do not fill stadiums. No sports to be found on TV. If only Trump were removed from office tomorrow, America could bring the world it’s beautiful game back, right?

You are just dripping with white guilt. You are so woke it’s almost blinding.
PS. Sorry I said a bad word.

Been in AZ for the last week with the family...in Sedona and then in the PHX area until Sat. Our DD has been training this week with a local club In the area to get some work in and play. It’s been great and she has a blast getting back out on the field. They are practicing in AZ...no masks, no 5 player split practices, there are distance protocols with bags/water and some of the drills are designed to definitely create space, but the kids are playing and getting good work in. I even shook the coaches hand...the horror....It’s a shame it can’t be done in CA....right next door.

Been in AZ for the last week with the family...in Sedona and then in the PHX area until Sat. Our DD has been training this week with a local club In the area to get some work in and play. It’s been great and she has a blast getting back out on the field. They are practicing in AZ...no masks, no 5 player split practices, there are distance protocols with bags/water and some of the drills are designed to definitely create space, but the kids are playing and getting good work in. I even shook the coaches hand...the horror....It’s a shame it can’t be done in CA....right next door.

Well, my dd has been training with private trainers and even doing 1 v 1 drills for two weeks. If we wait for the 1st wave and then 2nd wave, we wont be playing until the summer of 2021.

Well, my dd has been training with private trainers and even doing 1 v 1 drills for two weeks. If we wait for the 1st wave and then 2nd wave, we wont be playing until the summer of 2021.

One thing I've learned through all this is that my u14 DD really dislikes doing fitness and training by herself. She really misses the team aspect and actually playing the game. Hopefully we can get back to some form of it soon.

Beach and surfing everyday for me and my family. Cleats and ball are on the shelf for the rocket. Just like that space ship got delayed, my dd soccer career keeps getting delayed by forces out of her control. Cool thing about the ocean, It's free to swim :) New team starts July 1st and I see no rush to force her to keep up with the Jones and Smiths of the old soccer world scholarship contest. Plus, it's time for a nice break from such a difficult season. No winners this year :( I thought I could predict the future and right now it's 50/50 in my mind if we can play in Socal this year. I dont know what will happen tomorrow or next week in Socal. I do see a pledge going around that is insane but I will just stay with soccer on this thread. Soccer is the least of my worries. I would get out of here too if I had 6 kids. Everyone better stay in shape and get ready to play soccer games in August. That is my hope but I wont move to Texas or AZ or CO so my dd can play soccer this year.

Beach and surfing everyday for me and my family. Cleats and ball are on the shelf for the rocket. Just like that space ship got delayed, my dd soccer career keeps getting delayed by forces out of her control. Cool thing about the ocean, It's free to swim :) New team starts July 1st and I see no rush to force her to keep up with the Jones and Smiths of the old soccer world scholarship contest. Plus, it's time for a nice break from such a difficult season. No winners this year :( I thought I could predict the future and right now it's 50/50 in my mind if we can play in Socal this year. I dont know what will happen tomorrow or next week in Socal. I do see a pledge going around that is insane but I will just stay with soccer on this thread. Soccer is the least of my worries. I would get out of here too if I had 6 kids. Everyone better stay in shape and get ready to play soccer games in August. That is my hope but I wont move to Texas or AZ or CO so my dd can play soccer this year.

Well, must be nice to live near the beach and surf all day :) Heck, I wouldnt be thinking of soccer either if I had your luxury. LOL

From what I understand there are strict protocols in place, masks, gloves, staying in car until beautician comes to car to get you, including clients signing waivers releasing salon and beautician of all responsibility if client gets sick. Also, it is a matter of economics for the salons and personnel. A lot of coaches have other jobs, some don't but the impact maybe not quite as high. There was probably a lot of discussion about how to do it.
Many hairdressers were doing home visits. My stylist told me she did 71 over the shut down. Being in an enclosed place with a person standing over you for an hour to 2 hours is worse exposure than kids playing soccer outside. There is millions that flow through the economy for club fees.

One thing I've learned through all this is that my u14 DD really dislikes doing fitness and training by herself. She really misses the team aspect and actually playing the game. Hopefully we can get back to some form of it soon.
I learned that too about my dd. Too each her own and it won't mean diddlie squat if your dd has speed, quickness and ganas. If you don;t have the three I mentioned, you beeter be tall and you better have made skills and so many tricks you can pass behind your back....lol!!! Stay safe out there and keep the peace :)
Well, must be nice to live near the beach and surf all day :) Heck, I wouldnt be thinking of soccer either if I had your luxury. LOL
Perception is a bitch and I've dealt with it all my life :) My dd loves soccer more but the beach is free and that's all we can afford right now.

Back