What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

What makes absolutely no sense based on the facts we know is that enclosed hair salons are open but sports teams that play outside do not have a start up time anytime soon.

What Sense?

Protesters trying everyday now, bunch in OC today. Spread is now worldwide with no end in sight.

Noticed those early June hopefully tryouts now are pushed back two weeks with TBA location notices still so will return to train or play start before July now with everything thats going on?

So are you more afraid of the mental effects for a teenager or do you think the virus is worse for them? I can send more articles on lockdown and It’s correlation with teenage suicides.
I think it depends on the teen. If your teen is only watching tv and playing forte nite and are lonely, then it is a real problem and those teens should be watched for mental illness and parents should definitely seek counseling for them. Our teens are enjoying this time, zoom time with friends, cooking, creating games, painting, reading and rereading old favorites, enjoying sleeping in, setting their own schedule, keeping their class work up and yes some forte nite and tv. Also looking forward to training and games. They are the type that are rarely bored, they are always finding things to do. If a teen is in crisis, definitely get help.

It's what happens when politicians cherry pick which rights you're allowed to exercise.
From what I understand there are strict protocols in place, masks, gloves, staying in car until beautician comes to car to get you, including clients signing waivers releasing salon and beautician of all responsibility if client gets sick. Also, it is a matter of economics for the salons and personnel. A lot of coaches have other jobs, some don't but the impact maybe not quite as high. There was probably a lot of discussion about how to do it.

I think it depends on the teen. If your teen is only watching tv and playing forte nite and are lonely, then it is a real problem and those teens should be watched for mental illness and parents should definitely seek counseling for them. Our teens are enjoying this time, zoom time with friends, cooking, creating games, painting, reading and rereading old favorites, enjoying sleeping in, setting their own schedule, keeping their class work up and yes some forte nite and tv. Also looking forward to training and games. They are the type that are rarely bored, they are always finding things to do. If a teen is in crisis, definitely get help.
Your kids are fortunate to have the resources to do those activities, but many families don't have those resources or the parents to encourage those activities (although I suspect most Club soccer parents do). The lockdown is disproportionately harming underprivileged and disadvantaged children and teens.

I'm lucky that both my kids have zero interest in gaming and prefer outdoor activities. My son is having the time of his life, but we're somewhat flexible in regards to the Covid dictates.

It's what happens when politicians cherry pick which rights you're allowed to exercise.
Do I have a right to host a rave party this summer with 5,000 attendees?

Normally, that is well within my rights. This year, politicians have decided that I do not have that right.

Are you saying that I should be allowed to host my party? Five days indoors at the convention center, AC on full blast so everyone can dance. It will be epic.

Normally, that is well within my rights. This year, politicians have decided that I do not have that right.

Are you saying that I should be allowed to host my party? Five days indoors at the convention center, AC on full blast so everyone can dance. It will be epic.
Sounds like a blast, Straw Man.

Sounds like a blast, Straw Man.
Not a straw man.

A straw man is when I out forward n argument and pretend it is yours.

This is a reduction to absurdity. Taking something you did say, and showing that it has implications that even you do not support.

Neither of us believes that politicians should not have canceled this summer’s large rave parties. We both believe that it was right of them to curtail our rights in that case.

Political convention? Does it matter if the Democrat one is allowed to go on but not the Republican?
What about something smaller...a wedding? Not as big as a protest, outdoors, masks everyone but the bride and groom...more or less important than the protest?
A graduation with the same conditions? Make any difference if it's a rich private school or a poor inner city one? Make any difference if it's seniors who won't ever see each other again?
How about a funeral? Many people around the country were unable to say goodbye to their friends and relatives.
How about a business earned over a life time? O.k. to let it fail but the protestors are fine?
What about the kid's education? Make any difference if it's a rich private school, or a Latino one in an area with little internet connectivity?
What about an elective medical procedure that might cure pain or catch cancer? Many areas said that wasn't o.k. either.
What about the right to worship? Last night in New York the police harassed a Jewish service but the protests went on.
What about a mental health break in the park? Moms were chased away and people scolded for playing with their kids. Make any difference if the people don't have yards?
Then there's our fearless leaders who carved out exceptions for themselves for building a house (C. Cuomo), a haircut (lightfoot), childcare (Cummings), a booty call (Fergueson), going to a cabin (Trudeau), golf (Obama), getting a boat out of drydock (Whitmer), sending family away (Pritzker) or exercising (De Blasio).
It's either all o.k. or none of it, including youth soccer. We either get to decide ourselves or we don't.

Political convention? Does it matter if the Democrat one is allowed to go on but not the Republican?
What about something smaller...a wedding? Not as big as a protest, outdoors, masks everyone but the bride and groom...more or less important than the protest?
A graduation with the same conditions? Make any difference if it's a rich private school or a poor inner city one? Make any difference if it's seniors who won't ever see each other again?
How about a funeral? Many people around the country were unable to say goodbye to their friends and relatives.
How about a business earned over a life time? O.k. to let it fail but the protestors are fine?
What about the kid's education? Make any difference if it's a rich private school, or a Latino one in an area with little internet connectivity?
What about an elective medical procedure that might cure pain or catch cancer? Many areas said that wasn't o.k. either.
What about the right to worship? Last night in New York the police harassed a Jewish service but the protests went on.
What about a mental health break in the park? Moms were chased away and people scolded for playing with their kids. Make any difference if the people don't have yards?
Then there's our fearless leaders who carved out exceptions for themselves for building a house (C. Cuomo), a haircut (lightfoot), childcare (Cummings), a booty call (Fergueson), going to a cabin (Trudeau), golf (Obama), getting a boat out of drydock (Whitmer), sending family away (Pritzker) or exercising (De Blasio).
It's either all o.k. or none of it, including youth soccer. We either get to decide ourselves or we don't.
My view is that we needed a line, but they drew the wrong one. As you note, some of our elected leaders are hypocrites. The other choice is unelected bureaucrats, and some of them are hypocrites, too.

I agree that it is time to move the line. I cant agree that there never should have been any restrictions, or that it is time to go back to full stadiums.

My view is that we needed a line, but they drew the wrong one. As you note, some of our elected leaders are hypocrites. The other choice is unelected bureaucrats, and some of them are hypocrites, too.

I agree that it is time to move the line. I cant agree that there never should have been any restrictions, or that it is time to go back to full stadiums.
Or it's called hypocrisy. Or, you pay your business and city tax for police protection as a business owner and when you call the police no one shows up. I won;t mention his name but a certain business owner tried to open a week too early in Santa Monica during Corona. He was arrested and handcuffed. The next week, looters looted his gym in front of the same police officers that arrested him and they did nothing. Nothing!!! Why? Plus, no one was practicing what you dad of 4 have preached to us. That is a huge problem that is the smoking gun and why this has been too heavy handedness and the heavys have been left leaning politicians who don;t practice what they preach and are on record saying they hate rich business owners. The fact is, most "rich" business owners are not rich at all. They actually were providing jobs for people and now no more jobs to offer and it's all t fault too. Wow, you can;t make this stuff up. I can see, can you see? I hope our former President can speak with love and hope. Let's see what he has to say daddy o

well the problem is that if the line is the protests pretty much any mass gatherIng outside (church, wedding, graduation, youth soccer or yes even stadium) is ok so long as its accompanied by irregular and voluntary mask use. That’s the bar now. Can’t also say it was ok then but not now because cases (at least in Los Angeles) aren’t really down and we may even be seeing an uptick.

well the problem is that if the line is the protests pretty much any mass gatherIng outside (church, wedding, graduation, youth soccer or yes even stadium) is ok so long as its accompanied by irregular and voluntary mask use. That’s the bar now. Can’t also say it was ok then but not now because cases (at least in Los Angeles) aren’t really down and we may even be seeing an uptick.
Here's play #5 for next week in their play book. More cases and the second wave is coming earlier than expected. Kids had to get out to protest and what we found is they need to stay home more because they actually are the one's bringing it to the unhealthy. The can't play youth sports for the rest of the year because we have been through so much and we can;t afford more cases to come out and the nation needs time to heal plus all the soccer players need months to get back into shape and it's just too early.

The protests are not good for disease control. But that doesn’t mean we moved the bar for everything else. It just means that stopping the protests with a crackdown is worse than accomodating them.

There is an argument that we need to open up the parks. It looks horrible that we close skate parks and basketball courts but allow golf and tennis. It makes it very clear who is important.

The protests are not good for disease control. But that doesn’t mean we moved the bar for everything else. It just means that stopping the protests with a crackdown is worse than accomodating them.

There is an argument that we need to open up the parks. It looks horrible that we close skate parks and basketball courts but allow golf and tennis. It makes it very clear who is important.
What the hell is that supposed to mean!? I swear leftists are the most racist people around!!! Do you just assume that POC don't enjoy golfing or tennis in your world? That they can't afford it? White kids don't skateboard or play BB? I have many golfing buddies that are something other that lily white rich guys.

Do you think maybe, just maybe that the reason that golf and tennis opened first is because it is a pretty low density activity compared to basketball?

Or are you saying that the liberal city/county's kept the BB courts and skate parks closed to oppress POC but opened the golf courses and tennis courts to appease the white man? That is freaking hilarious!!

But the police in New York harassed a Jewish service, but let the peaceful protests go on. Then it means there's arbitrariness going on in enforcement: throwing a mom in jail for going to the park but calling the protestors stunning and brave. Or could it be the protestors are essentially using violence and intimidation to carve out their exceptions....if that's the case then anyone with a gun or a crowd can carve out an exception in which case civil society has broken down? What's worse is worship and the right to assembly/speech are both first amendment rights....so you've now got a massive constitutional problem too.

Yup. This has been an attack on small business owners who tend to be independent thinkers and for the record, come in all colors. I went back and watch video of Santa Monica Riots with protesters mixed in. The biggest thugs were white. The ones with hammers, white. The cops? White. The looters?

What the hell is that supposed to mean!? I swear leftists are the most racist people around!!! Do you just assume that POC don't enjoy golfing or tennis in your world? That they can't afford it? White kids don't skateboard or play BB? I have many golfing buddies that are something other that lily white rich guys.

Do you think maybe, just maybe that the reason that golf and tennis opened first is because it is a pretty low density activity compared to basketball?

Or are you saying that the liberal city/county's kept the BB courts and skate parks closed to oppress POC but opened the golf courses and tennis courts to appease the white man? That is freaking hilarious!!
I‘m talking age and income, not race.

The data cuts both ways. We closed down the sports preferred by youth, who transmit less. We kept open the preferred sports of older people, who carry higher viral loads and transmit more. There is a strong argument that a golf foursome of 58 year olds is higher risk than some 18 year olds playing hoops.

I don’t see any article bemoaning the role of skate parks or outdoor basketball in disease transmission, but I can point to several church based clusters. But we throw sand on the skate parks and open the churches. If it were about risk, the churches would be closed and the skate parks would be open.

I’m not saying the city councils chose these priorities to appease older men. The city councils have these priorities because they are older men.

The people who are in political office play a lot more golf than basketball, so it is no coincidence that golf is open and basketball is closed. If you don’t believe me, go to a city council meeting and count the gray hairs on the dais. Then try to ask the wealthy gray heads to fund sports fields for poor youth, and see how far you get.

Back