What is your School Doing so far regarding sports?

Hearing word Ventura County got pulled as well. At least kiddo had another week of soccer...he was dressed for practice and is now a shivering mess behind is door room......well, we are definitely getting out now (already in advanced stage of planning) at least until it's decided if our private school will open.

I doubt we will be seeing fall sports this year. Anaheim UHSD announced they will continue with distance learnng in the fall.

I was going to say hey you have a valid point about people being "stupid and selfish" but I realized then you left the BLM/Antifa protests off your list, which destroys your credibility. The fact that you mention one form of protest and ascribe bad behavior to them and you don't bring up the other just shows you are in it for the partisan game. It would otherwise have been a valid position to have, even if one disagreed with it.

The fact that one of your justification is that "children have survived far worse during war time" and you believe that children come out stronger and more relisent from wars is scary.

I make it a policy not to insult people on these boards, but that you are an educator is concerning to me, to say the least.

p.s. not my study but I had the same question.
I mentioned the beaches because I saw it first hand. Of course all the stupid and selfish people, including the Black Lives Matter protesters are involved as are all the stupid kids gathering in parking lots to get together at Ladera Middle School, and the McDonalds parking lot and the stupid parents who knowingly allowed it. Also the guy who told me he doesn't care when I offered him my just sanitized cart and he didn't have a face mask on (I was more than six feet away) , the idiot at the car wash sitting there with the mask under his mouth, all the idiots going into markets with their masks under their chin, all the people enjoying a meal at a restaurant but are drunk and laughing and almost yelling to be heard (I was told this by a family member). There are so many instances it is absolutely ridiculous. There is really no surprise in what has happened. I mention the children because so many parents are freaking out thinking their children can't handle this. I have said before, if your child has a mental illness, is severely depressed, seek help. Contact your school district, the county or a private medical provider and get your child the help he/she might need. This virus is a monster but we will eventually have better treatments and maybe a vaccine. Some of the best minds in the world are working on it. In the mean time, put the mask on, social distance and wash your hands correctly. Also, if you have a mental illness or are severely depressed seek help.

They all wore masks. Socially distanced. They all got it. One died.
You know what that article didn't detail?

That she was in the very high risk category. CNN reported the following.
"Kimberley Byrd started feeling unwell in June. She was prone to sinus infections, and also had asthma, diabetes and lupus."

Looking at the photos of her she is also rather overweight.

She was generally speaking a very unhealthy person.

The press played it as if...see going back to school is dangerous. And of course they get the husband to say...hey slow down there pardner...school is dangerous. We need to slow down.

The reality was given her health issues her catching the virus and then passing away is not surprising.

You don't keep schools/biz/sports closed based on cases like this.

People in this category should be staying at home.

You know what that article didn't detail?

That she was in the very high risk category. CNN reported the following.
"Kimberley Byrd started feeling unwell in June. She was prone to sinus infections, and also had asthma, diabetes and lupus."

Looking at the photos of her she is also rather overweight.

She was generally speaking a very unhealthy person.

The press played it as if...see going back to school is dangerous. And of course they get the husband to say...hey slow down there pardner...school is dangerous. We need to slow down.

The reality was given her health issues her catching the virus and then passing away is not surprising.

You don't keep schools/biz/sports closed based on cases like this.

People in this category should be staying at home.
You are correct, those at risk should stay away. So for teachers, that's a pretty big number, apparently

maybe 18%, https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2020/05/07/teachers-at-higher-risk-for-covid-19-worry.html

or 25%, https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...serious-illness-if-infected-with-coronavirus/

IDK which

I mentioned the beaches because I saw it first hand. Of course all the stupid and selfish people, including the Black Lives Matter protesters are involved as are all the stupid kids gathering in parking lots to get together at Ladera Middle School, and the McDonalds parking lot and the stupid parents who knowingly allowed it. Also the guy who told me he doesn't care when I offered him my just sanitized cart and he didn't have a face mask on (I was more than six feet away) , the idiot at the car wash sitting there with the mask under his mouth, all the idiots going into markets with their masks under their chin, all the people enjoying a meal at a restaurant but are drunk and laughing and almost yelling to be heard (I was told this by a family member). There are so many instances it is absolutely ridiculous. There is really no surprise in what has happened. I mention the children because so many parents are freaking out thinking their children can't handle this. I have said before, if your child has a mental illness, is severely depressed, seek help. Contact your school district, the county or a private medical provider and get your child the help he/she might need. This virus is a monster but we will eventually have better treatments and maybe a vaccine. Some of the best minds in the world are working on it. In the mean time, put the mask on, social distance and wash your hands correctly. Also, if you have a mental illness or are severely depressed seek help.
If it such a monster, what happened to the homeless people? are they dying in the streets? Also, is Newsom the only Governor in US history to lead over canceling Youth Sports and School? I think he is...easily could go down as a disaster for teenagers and parents.....

OC Facts!!!!
Thank you for the public safety announcement Copa. Attention all those in Ladera Ranch and anywhere now. The Copa police is out in force to look for any idiot kids and their stupid parents. Her family memebers will report back to Copa so Copa and let us know about the monster virus. Let's look at the Death Math ((DM) in OC. The news on death from Covid is excellent folks!!! The fact is, we dont get the info yet but we will soon.
  • 85 and older: 32% (134)
  • 75-84: 26% (112)
  • 65-74: 18% (75)
  • 55-64: 13% (53)
  • 45-54: 8% (34)
  • 35-44: 2% (10)
  • 25-34: 1% (5)
  • 18-24: >1% (1)
  • 0-17: 0%

424 deaths in OC as of July 13th. 321 over 65 and of those 321, 212 were in a nursing home. 103 deaths that had Covid when they died. Copa or Keepermommy or any mommy or Dr, how many of the 103 deaths died because they got Covid and they were perfectly healthy? How many of those came in from something else and then died? I need numbers to help my brain make decisions.....

Last edited:
OC Facts!!!!
Thank you for the public safety announcement Copa. Attention all those in Ladera Ranch and anywhere now. The Copa police is out in force to look for any idiot kids and their stupid parents. Her family memebers will report back to Copa so Copa and let us know about the monster virus. Let's look at the Death Math ((DM) in OC. The news on death from Covid is excellent folks!!! The fact is, we dont get the info yet but we will soon.
  • 85 and older: 32% (134)
  • 75-84: 26% (112)
  • 65-74: 18% (75)
  • 55-64: 13% (53)
  • 45-54: 8% (34)
  • 35-44: 2% (10)
  • 25-34: 1% (5)
  • 18-24: >1% (1)
  • 0-17: 0%

424 deaths in OC as of July 13th. 321 over 65 and of those 321, 212 were in a nursing home. 103 deaths that had Covid when they died. Copa or Keepermommy or any mommy or Dr, how many of the 103 deaths died because they had got Covid and they were perfectly healthy? How many of those came in from something else and then died? I need numbers to help my brain make decisions.....
Each and every day with common sense science data, we all can see that this is about the election, ALL POLITICS!

You are correct, those at risk should stay away. So for teachers, that's a pretty big number, apparently

maybe 18%, https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2020/05/07/teachers-at-higher-risk-for-covid-19-worry.html

or 25%, https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...serious-illness-if-infected-with-coronavirus/

IDK which
So have the 18% or 25% do online courses for those parents who don't want/need/scared/whatever...put their children in a live class.

Instead of having people say impossible...kids cant go back to school. Look at data and set up a plan that works for various groups.

OC Board of Education voted to open up last night but they have zero say. My dd school sent out email today that said they will follow the health pros of Cali and not board of Ed. We will respect the guidelines.

O.C. Board of Education approves recommendation to reopen schools without masks or increased social distancing

Interested I don't know if the school districts will follow the recommendation, do they have choices or how do things work in OC? Making no judgements either way just curious more than anything.

OC Board of Education voted to open up last night but they have zero say. My dd school sent out email today that said they will follow the health pros of Cali and not board of Ed. We will respect the guidelines.
Similar for us, Diocese of San Bernardino for my daughter's Private High School has outlined and voted to open with guidelines modeled after CDC recommendations, but will wait word from San Bernardino County Office of Public Health approval. I anticipate they will start back up with distance learning for the Fall.

O.C. Board of Education approves recommendation to reopen schools without masks or increased social distancing

Interested I don't know if the school districts will follow the recommendation, do they have choices or how do things work in OC? Making no judgements either way just curious more than anything.
School districts individual "choice" based upon what the teachers' union will allow, and/or barter for.

I sure hope OC have a choice and will make it right for the kids. At least until Nov 3rd. we still live in a free country.

From the OC Register: "The board has no power to direct any of Orange County’s 27 school districts to follow its guidelines, which are in direct opposition to those issued by the Orange County Department of Education, state public health officials and others."

Frankly I'm quite confused on what the purpose of last night's meeting was. My school district had to clarify publicly today that they will not be following last night's non-binding recommendations.

So have the 18% or 25% do online courses for those parents who don't want/need/scared/whatever...put their children in a live class.

Instead of having people say impossible...kids cant go back to school. Look at data and set up a plan that works for various groups.
I most definitely want my kids back in school in the fall. But we can't be simplistic about it. We need a plan. My point was that its less about the risk to the kids and more about the risk to the adults (teachers and all the support staff) - aside from any indirect risks.

The most infuriating thing, to me, about this is the clear lack of leadership from the White House, through Congress and through the States. There is nothing but bumbling and reacting, inconsistency and lack of thought.

The number of teachers at risk and what they teach will differ from school to school. Each school should self assess, roll it up to their district, roll it up to their state and someone can then start to formulate a clear plan of action with all the resources available to them (in that state). That should have started in March for the next school year.

If it such a monster, what happened to the homeless people? are they dying in the streets? Also, is Newsom the only Governor in US history to lead over canceling Youth Sports and School? I think he is...easily could go down as a disaster for teenagers and parents.....
The homeless population is in most cases, being housed in hotels, motels. Those who don't want to go have been given tents, hand sanitizer, soap and water and are being checked on. A lot of the homeless don't socialize as much as the general public. You don't see the homeless in gyms, hair salons, restaurants, bars, museums, movies, markets, car washes, barber shops, at protests, nail salons, should I go on?

I most definitely want my kids back in school in the fall. But we can't be simplistic about it. We need a plan. My point was that its less about the risk to the kids and more about the risk to the adults (teachers and all the support staff) - aside from any indirect risks.

The most infuriating thing, to me, about this is the clear lack of leadership from the White House, through Congress and through the States. There is nothing but bumbling and reacting, inconsistency and lack of thought.

The number of teachers at risk and what they teach will differ from school to school. Each school should self assess, roll it up to their district, roll it up to their state and someone can then start to formulate a clear plan of action with all the resources available to them (in that state). That should have started in March for the next school year.
The situation in March was a totally unexpected event. Nobody was prepared for what happened. Point in fact most school districts started working on a plan for the fall, surveying parents, teachers, staff, health officials when the shut down occurred. Teacher groups have been working all summer to establish better options, structured, consistent curriculum and mechanisms for accountability, grading and attendance for distant learners. Everyone hoped we would be in a better position by the opening of school in August. Districts are trying to do what is safe for children, teachers and staff and at the same time keep parents happy, health officials informed and parents with options where possible. LAUSD is unique in that it has about 600,000 students spanning 720 square miles, with over 57 different languages being spoken by students. Anyone who thinks their task is easy is, to be blunt, stupid and uninformed. Parents have some difficult decisions to make but it looks like there will be options at most school districts. Nobody wants this virus, and in fact I agree with you in that from the start the White House completely and totally mishandled everything.

Back