What is your School Doing so far regarding sports?

for teenagers alcohol and drug use will begin to trend higher. You watch more teenagers will begin to ignore zoom classroom and just hang out with their friends. They should at least try to get the kids to practice sports in the afternoon at school. Give them something to do and a chance to hang out with their friends.

for teenagers alcohol and drug use will begin to trend higher. You watch more teenagers will begin to ignore zoom classroom and just hang out with their friends. They should at least try to get the kids to practice sports in the afternoon at school. Give them something to do and a chance to hang out with their friends.

The missing portion is what are they going to do about grades. If it's all online, not sure how you can keep honesty. But if you pass/fail or grade protect them (not sure how you can grade protect without a baseline), yeah kids are smart...the non-honors/AP group of teenagers will check out. The other question is how much learning is going to actually be live.

The elementary school students are so f----, particularly ESL families. You're looking at a loss of over a year in language and math skills.

Game on for those 850,000 kids & parents!!!
San Diego County 0-19 Total Hospitalizations (likely co-conditions) 43 or .005%
San Diego County 0-19 Deaths 0, or .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Spare me the whole spreader argument. Show me evidence of any material outbreak of kids spreading it to adults.

Ha.. when i first read that I was thinking the same for the parents. Not easy being home with kids all day while trying to work. God knows I'm drinking more now.

I am guessing because Cal shut down sports is the reason vs suddenly you are worried your kid may get sick.

From the CDC website.

Quote: "For children (0-17 years), cumulative COVID-19 hospitalization rates are much lower than cumulative influenza hospitalization rates at comparable time points* during recent influenza seasons."
My kid and husband have pretty bad asthma. But thanks for the judgement

Ha.. when i first read that I was thinking the same for the parents. Not easy being home with kids all day while trying to work. God knows I'm drinking more now.
So how does that work for parents that have to go to work but have younger kids who shouldn't be home by themselves.

Other countries are sending their kids back to school.

But half of our country wants to hide out in their basement.

San Diego County 0-19 Total Hospitalizations (likely co-conditions) 43 or .005%
San Diego County 0-19 Deaths 0, or .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Spare me the whole spreader argument. Show me evidence of any material outbreak of kids spreading it to adults.

Its a great example of how few dedicated adults can fuck up for the whole lot of kids.

So, would you say you are a judgy god? ;-)
God? Nope. But I am certainly a good judge of reading data and seeing who is at risk.

And positive cases have gone up rapidly and yet we are not seeing the corresponding spike in deaths that we say early on.

The median age of those dying is still around 80. So we know who is at risk and who isn't.

We know that if you are under 17 your risk is well under the flu. Up until 55 or so you are slightly elevated risk vs the flu. 80 plus AND with issues, you have a large risk factor.

A sane strategy would be to devise a plan built around known risk factors vs pretending everything needs to be shut down and the reporting implying everyone is at risk when that is not the case.

I am god on judgements. And if you 2 fall into the risk category stay home and keep your kid home. Don't advocate for the rest of us to have to do the same as you feel you need to do.
Can you remind me where I was advocating this? Because I never did. I stated that temperature checks at school entrance won't work because of logistical reasons. I never said for anyone to keep their kid home. Go fuck yourself

Touchy aren't we.

If I confused you with another person my bad.
it's pretty shitty to accuse someone whose kid is high risk of advocating for everyone else to have to suffer. This sucks for my son having to be extra careful while everyone else is out having fun. I would never wish that on other people, and it pissed me off that you accused me of doing so. But thanks for realizing you had me confused with someone else

And all this on the same day a German study released in Saxony (which returned to school with full class sizes and local outbreaks in progress) says schools are not a major vector of transmission and kids may even serve as a break on the infection.

My kid and husband have pretty bad asthma. But thanks for the judgement
Which is why home schooling is best for your family. But give parents some options as it isn't best for other families. I know about 10 teachers, about 6 want to go back, 4 don't. So guess who teaches at the school, and who remotely teaches. Give options to both the parents and the teachers.

My kid just finished high school health class at home in 4 weeks. Got an A. Not sure though how much she learned because she would be learning while watching tv. Hey, maybe she is a great multitasker. Having said that I'd prefer that she gets some actual class time in as well.

Can you remind me where I was advocating this? Because I never did. I stated that temperature checks at school entrance won't work because of logistical reasons. I never said for anyone to keep their kid home. Go fuck yourself
It's really easy to say this won't work and that won't work without actually trying to make it work. I'm sure it will work with help of many parent volunteers who rather make it work than stay home with kids for another 6 month.

Back