What is your School Doing so far regarding sports?

Futbol30

SILVER
Hi, just wondering what everyone's schools are doing so far regarding sports. My kids attend a private school (no religious affiliation) and I just received an e-mail that no group sports will take place and P. E. will be "very different" than what we're used to, but will include running, tennis, etc. (non-contact sports). I don't want this to turn into a political thread so please please don't turn this into one, I just want to get a feel of what different schools are doing. My brother's kids who attend a public school up North went from returning to campus and sports in the fall to no contact sports this year and online school for fall. So strange all the different rules, I heard Christian and Catholic schools have their own set of rules too... I'm curious what counties and schools are doing what, I guess I just have too much time on my hands and can do this and attend zoom meetings and look like I'm working...;)

My son is at a Catholic high school. Their summer conditioning camp started a couple of weeks ago with 48 kids in each of 4 time slots. Everyone is in masks and they use hand sanitizer before and after touching any equipment. They are currently going full speed ahead with fall sports. I received his football practice and scrimmage schedule for August yesterday. My son is thrilled, but I expect the state will put the brakes on it sometime soon.

My son is at a Catholic high school. Their summer conditioning camp started a couple of weeks ago with 48 kids in each of 4 time slots. Everyone is in masks and they use hand sanitizer before and after touching any equipment. They are currently going full speed ahead with fall sports. I received his football practice and scrimmage schedule for August yesterday. My son is thrilled, but I expect the state will put the brakes on it sometime soon.

That's great, I'm glad he's at least getting some training in! I think you're right about it getting shut down, unfortunately. I told my kids to enjoy training now (soccer) because we have no idea what the future holds. Best of luck to your son!

My son will be attending a high school in San Diego unified. They have tryouts scheduled in August for various fall sports, including contact sports. No announcements yet about any restrictions or modifications.

My son's August football scrimmage schedule includes games against Torrey Pines (San Dieguito Union High School District) and El Camino (Oceanside Unified School District), so seems like those schools are currently planning on having teams ready to field.

SVUSD and CUSD supposedly starting today with very heavy restrictions. Not sure though how many schools will be doing any Summer conditioning with this kind of restrictions.

Placentia-YL School District has sports summer camp starting next week. Soccer is included. I am wondering if they will change this with the recent covid trend

Placentia-YL School District has sports summer camp starting next week. Soccer is included. I am wondering if they will change this with the recent covid trend
@Eagle33 @SoccerFan4Life I think it's all a waiting game at this point. I'm keeping my kids active, swimming, running, biking, etc, if soccer season is a no go, then it'll be an opportunity to learn a new non-group sport like golf or surfing which we normally wouldn't have any time for with multiple kids playing soccer (trying to stay positive)

Training seems to be the "norm" for now and everything else is wait and see. My girls attend a private high school in the Inland Empire and they have started cross country and volleyball training and are assigned "pods" which are essentially their training groups and they spread the groups throughout each morning so as to avoid too many kids in the gym or running in the pack.

Training seems to be the "norm" for now and everything else is wait and see. My girls attend a private high school in the Inland Empire and they have started cross country and volleyball training and are assigned "pods" which are essentially their training groups and they spread the groups throughout each morning so as to avoid too many kids in the gym or running in the pack.
And as soon as the practice session is over, they all go to lunch or swimming together. (Not calling you out in this. I see this happening all over town with various sports. Same thing will happen when school starts back up. Small classs. No PE. No lunch at school. Then everyone will get lunch together at subway.)

And as soon as the practice session is over, they all go to lunch or swimming together. (Not calling you out in this. I see this happening all over town with various sports. Same thing will happen when school starts back up. Small classs. No PE. No lunch at school. Then everyone will get lunch together at subway.)
We see it, plenty of kids carpooling this morning.

Thank for you saying that so well coach.

Is Subway open?

Is Subway open?

To go but not dine in, some have closed.

The one I bike to sometimes is near a a college and they been hurting since a lot of there business is students. With fall on-line their worried loan money will run out.

Tennis, golf, swimming, and surfing running summer programs for HS but nothing else so far no ball sports or anything that uses a field.

To go but not dine in, some have closed.

The one I bike to sometimes is near a a college and they been hurting since a lot of there business is students. With fall on-line their worried loan money will run out.

Tennis, golf, swimming, and surfing running summer programs for HS but nothing else so far no ball sports or anything that uses a field.

Other subways are hurting too. On the way to training over lunch during the lockdowns my son used to like to look inside and was always excited if he saw someone in there (a sign of things getting back to normal)...that and the In N Out line length. Problem with subway is if you are locked down you aren't picking subway to go out since you can make a better sandwich at home, and they aren't getting too many large catering orders for office lunches or beach or team picnics. Their only customer base right now is workers who are out and about full time and have a place to eat the sandwich on a go (so basically construction workers).

Son's private middle school starts summer soccer training in August. Football was supposed to start this week but not sure if it has (school is in LA County but not LA City). Requiring a COVID test for anyone participating, all distanced.

Hi, just wondering what everyone's schools are doing so far regarding sports. My kids attend a private school (no religious affiliation) and I just received an e-mail that no group sports will take place and P. E. will be "very different" than what we're used to, but will include running, tennis, etc. (non-contact sports). I don't want this to turn into a political thread so please please don't turn this into one, I just want to get a feel of what different schools are doing. My brother's kids who attend a public school up North went from returning to campus and sports in the fall to no contact sports this year and online school for fall. So strange all the different rules, I heard Christian and Catholic schools have their own set of rules too... I'm curious what counties and schools are doing what, I guess I just have too much time on my hands and can do this and attend zoom meetings and look like I'm working...;)
@Futbol30 July 20 we'll all find out -- two weeks from today. https://cifstate.org/covid-19/6.12.20_release

@Futbol30 July 20 we'll all find out -- two weeks from today. https://cifstate.org/covid-19/6.12.20_release
That's right, I keep forgetting about that date. Honestly, I'm really trying to stay positive about the whole thing, whatever the outcome, and trying to keep my kids with the same positive outlook regarding sports, school, etc. I'm still trying to figure out if our pets are pissed or stoked that we've been home so much (despite more walks) Cat is always a bitch but can't figure out the dogs...

Per someone in cif state office fall sports will not happen. Holding out hope they can salvage something (short, delayed, varsity only) but as of now 10% chance it happens. They have a bunch of contingencies and are working hard at providing scenarios and ways for it to happen. But as of today it’s a no go for fall.
(and they will make a ruling for the state. It won’t be district by district or section by section. They are under a bunch of pressure to let some schools/districts/sections play and not a statewide mandate but the headaches associated with that are too much. Private schools will have same regulations and no transfer waivers for sports will be issued).

but again this is as of today July 5th. And they want to have sports but the plans are currently unworkable state wide. I’m sure there’s more info out there and things could change. But they met with newsomes office in June (and my buddy hates newsome but said he’s been awesome to work with and is very pro high school sports happening If it can at all) and they thought by July 1 California would be in a much better place and we are way worse off so we are running out of time to pull the rip cord for fall. They have MANY reports of positive Covid tests in football practices and coaches not quarantining the kids appropriately. Extrapolate that to all fall sports and to the first parent that dies and the coach was proven not to have followed guidelines. That’s a coach/school/district lawsuit. Let alone the actual health of the kids.

don’t shoot the messenger. This is via text this afternoon from a friend in the state cif office and he reiterates this is so fluid so don’t hitch your wagon to any scenario.

Back