Welcome to South Valley Surf

Truly sad to see good families get played like that. I feel really sad for the girls that get lied to by these adults. My dd and I sniffed them out early but because of fear and not wanting to rock the boat we laid low for two years. I kept seeing and hearing from dear families who got so screwed.This has to stop and get better for all of us. I got guys telling me to shut up because I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm just bitter my kid din;t make the stupid list that Mark and the other docs controlled back then for u14. Seriously guys, you think I came here in July not knowing what truly happened to my kid? I came here and I'm still here looking for answers to my questions because Mark wouldn't or couldn;t answer them.
Merry Xmas, but you still are not helping anyone. Your story and advice come from a platform of blindness; and you still don’t take accountability for your decisions. Despite your experiences and pills, name changes and moods still do not help anyone.

That’s not very helpful......
Trust me, I just found out tonight on the socal soccer forum. I watched this team play great soccer last week and I even told everyone on here how impressed was with their team. First of all, I think it's great the girls at Flintridge prep and co do both. I took a quick peak and I count at least 4 but I was looking at his 04 team I think. Maybe more with the older LA Surf team. I'm sure the waiver came into play and good for them and coach Chaavez. It does make me feel better that we played them tough until their big #8 scored twice at the end of game. I know 4 players at our school playing DA but no waiver allowed. It would be more fair if our 4 DA could get waivers because they all told our coach they wanted to do both but were told no. So I think that is super unfair and maybe CIF should look into unfair rules. We have to play them in CIF if we make it. Their top 5 and their DA players 100% help them out. We could use our 4 DA players too. Or, maybe they should play in the other private school leagues with all the waivers like Mater Dei and RSM and Sierra. Not fair in my book but when is soccer really fair Kicker?

Merry Xmas, but you still are not helping anyone. Your story and advice come from a platform of blindness; and you still don’t take accountability for your decisions. Despite your experiences and pills, name changes and moods still do not help anyone.
That is false statement. I helped Luis. I helped many others who have PM me for help. I know who I'm not helping and that is very obvious. Relax dude, I shall be gone soon and you can have the Forum back.

Yep, that sounds very familiar. SoCal Academy had a very good thing going. It's ashamed it ended the way it did. In that whole process, LA Surf lost 3 teams; 2 went to LA Breakers ECNL (one being my DD's team) and the LA Premier 04 DA left to FCGS/SoCal Blues. I can't and won't speak for anyone else, but the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. But it is what it is and I know my DD is happy playing both ECNL and high school soccer. Pretty big difference between the two...lol
Is it true that SoCal was going ECNL or was that just a rumor to keep the older goats who wanted HS Soccer to leave for ECNL and then pull the DPL card out and make the high school players DPs except for coach Chavez and his squad?

Trust me, I just found out tonight on the socal soccer forum. I watched this team play great soccer last week and I even told everyone on here how impressed was with their team. First of all, I think it's great the girls at Flintridge prep and co do both. I took a quick peak and I count at least 4 but I was looking at his 04 team I think. Maybe more with the older LA Surf team. I'm sure the waiver came into play and good for them and coach Chaavez. It does make me feel better that we played them tough until their big #8 scored twice at the end of game. I know 4 players at our school playing DA but no waiver allowed. It would be more fair if our 4 DA could get waivers because they all told our coach they wanted to do both but were told no. So I think that is super unfair and maybe CIF should look into unfair rules. We have to play them in CIF if we make it. Their top 5 and their DA players 100% help them out. We could use our 4 DA players too. Or, maybe they should play in the other private school leagues with all the waivers like Mater Dei and RSM and Sierra. Not fair in my book but when is soccer really fair Kicker?
The “no high school play for DA players” is not a CIF or any other state hs federation rule. It’s US Soccer Federation rule.
CIF says that you cant play in any games or practices of the same sport during the season. ecnl, da, dpl, Scdsl, AYSo or even a pickup game. Ecnl and scdsl take a break to accommodate. DA does not. Some kids may try to do both and hope they don’t get caught.

Is it true that SoCal was going ECNL or was that just a rumor to keep the older goats who wanted HS Soccer to leave for ECNL and then pull the DPL card out and make the high school players DPs except for coach Chavez and his squad?
With ECNL; unlike DA; you need a team in each of the each brackets starting with the U13 (07) to U18/19 (01/02). I know we didn’t have an 03 team so that was a main issue with not getting ECNL. I’m sure there were other issues that I’m unaware of.

When Surf acquired SoCal Academy back in February, ECNL for the girls was the "carrot on the string" to string us along. They never promised us this, but said that they knew we wanted ECNL and they could help us get ECNL since they work closely with them as ECNL uses the fields owned by Surf Sports. Fast forward to May, and that's when LA Premier came through the back door and BAM, no more talk of ECNL as they only wanted DA all along. So it's only DA for the girls and ECNL for the boys. Won't surprise me if LA Surf boys go DA next season since SD and OC Surf boys are DA
LA Surf boys already has DA for U13 and U14 - came with LA Premier acquisition.

The “no high school play for DA players” is not a CIF or any other state hs federation rule. It’s US Soccer Federation rule.
CIF says that you cant play in any games or practices of the same sport during the season. ecnl, da, dpl, Scdsl, AYSo or even a pickup game. Ecnl and scdsl take a break to accommodate. DA does not. Some kids may try to do both and hope they don’t get caught.
Unless the player has a waiver....

Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to
remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers
are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office
before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption.

I understand it's not CIF rules and they aren't going to help out. DA takes a small winter break and they also give waivers to the private schools kids and the coach. When we play them in CIF they will have all their players on the team while Laguna Beach (4 da players not allowed to do both) and other public schools can't suit up their DA players although they would like to do both as well. I guess Flintridge Prep will have an advantage that we and all the other public schools will will just have to over come this year. Next year I will HELP all the DA players in public schools be afforded the same choices as coach Chavez and all the private school kids. I want them ALL to be able to do both. It's so stupid were even having this discussion.

Unless the player has a waiver....

Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to
remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers
are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office
before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption.
And don't bother filling one out if you're poor and go to public school. Nice rules (loop holes) rich dads create so DDs can do both. Must be nice to be rich :)

Last edited:
Blindness? Please HELP me see the light bro.......My gosh, I can;t believe the things you say. I have to ask. Are you invested financially somehow with this DA league or do you think it will truly save American Soccer and make us winners? What accountability should I take for my decisions I made that I guess were my fault and I should be a man and man up? I'm confused why you tell everyone I know nothing and have ZERO experience in all this toxic swamp soccer leagues in socal. I've been in the sport longer than you I think. I started 2009 with AYSO and here we are 10 years later. My dd team won state cup by going 13-0-1 in SCDSL and running table at state cup. We scored 54 goals and gave up ZERO goals bro. We broke the Blues record of giving up ZERO goals. We won State Cup with Tad Bobak and the Gaffer. My dd scored a lot of those goals too :) . In Semi of State Cup with Dr Spooner coaching the other team she scored two goals in 10 minutes and we won 2-1. He saw my goat play at the highest level and it was his job to get her away from the Blues. She left for greener pastures to Surf and a few others followed later to join, at the time, the 2nd best team and club in the country. With the addition of my dd and others we won the Natty. I can keep going if you like. No pills bro, only experiences. I do have mood swings but everyone does so who cares. You should really just ignore me and let me be.

And don't bother filling one out if you're poor and go to public school. Nice rules (loop holes) rich dads create so DDs can do both. Must be nice to be rich :)
The only players that I know personally with waivers are not rich. The waivers protect their needs-based high school scholarships. Not all DA clubs will allow it though.

The only players that I know personally with waivers are not rich. The waivers protect their needs-based high school scholarships. Not all DA clubs will allow it though.
I stand corrected. If it's needs based then great for the poor kids getting into Prep school. Maybe they can go play in the Trinity League and D1. D3 with scholarships/waivers for the best goats is unfair but Laguna will take on the challenge as we always do. Heck, Mater Dei does it all the time.

I wouldn’t be posting player names on a public forum....
I agree. I think Kicker was baiting me to do it. I only "out" my own and not those who PM me. ALL the girls are 100% innocent and need to be left out of this. Mine will be 16 and already acts 18 so were all good :) from my side.

I agree. I think Kicker was baiting me to do it. I only "out" my own and not those who PM me. ALL the girls are 100% innocent and need to be left out of this. Mine will be 16 and already acts 18 so were all good :) from my side.
You are 100% correct. The girls and also the families are Innocent. The system is all screwed up and all the blame should goto US Soccer and the individual clubs. They’re the ones allowing the waivers and loopholes.

Max preps and the da roster are all available to the public and anyone can access it. Not posting anything that isn’t available to everyone and anyone

Did not post any sensitive information or anything from a private conversation. Just simple went to max preps and the da website. Like i said both are free and open to the public to view. Cheers. Never blamed a kid for anything. All names listed are on both websites and neither website requires a password or any special means of viewing them.

Back