Welcome to South Valley Surf

Do not confuse INTO with IN......My DD’s followed the Coaching, I do as I say and practice what I preach.

Why is DPL better than ECNL? Thats easy, it’s not!

There are a lot of Salesmen in youth sports, buyer beware!
I'm happy for you. Thanks for the heads up

I answered your Question before buddy but at this stage I hope I am wrong but it seems you are the 1 trying to stir the pot and increase online dramatics.I am happy to just move on I have already said he sold out for $ and hs waivers and push out the more talented dido this is known well.Ask the sca 2004 families if they think he is a good committed coach or person , many great Fams and Kids my DD is still friends with treated very badly.His head coaching record in DA is 6-16-1 so make of that Fact what you want. i am more concerned with wellbeing of children and families than pos coaches. I am not going to be dragged into revealing more detail why many in the Pasadena and lapfc community shares these negative opinions and once my DD is out of the club system in 2 years and can not be blackballed I will happily say a lot more , if you still want more bud , and apologiez if this post sounds rude as I’m sure you are trying to be the best parent u can be like the rest of us. Peace and happy holidays to your and your Fam
You got a lot wrong - not trying to stir up sh#%. You came on here praising one and trashing another. In reality there are only a few coaches and DOC’s that really care about the players. I’m not interested in you exposing any details about anything. I have had my own experience that informs my opinion about the youth soccer world. Parents have to advocate for their own players and make tough choices and no parent should be afraid of retaliation. This isn’t the mob while some coaches act like it. I am about parents getting the truth and having some control over the experiences of their minor children and not being pumped up and manipulated by propaganda and fear of retaliation.

Here is a great article on how the deal went down. SoccerToday, the voice of soccer has great information.

Some highlights
Elite, high-performance pathways for talented youth soccer players have become more rigorous and demanding as our country strives to showcase its soccer skills on the world stage. While our USA Women break records in the opening game of the 2019 Women’s World Cup, defeating Thailand 13-0, youth clubs all across America are focused on developing the next generation of professionals players. (I was sold pro dd was 12)
In the ever-changing American youth soccer landscape, what remains a constant is that the better players and coaches are attracted to a well-known brand, a name they can trust and feel represents quality.
This is understandable, especially with the myriad of often confusing choices in youth soccer. A youth club that affords opportunities to play in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, Boys ECNL and Girls DPL, among other leagues, can easily set itself apart, but when you add a proven track record for developing professional players with an outstanding reputation for producing professional, world-class tournaments — a club has the distinct advantage to dominate the market. This is the Surf brand. (We never talked college when she was 12 & 13. The list and pro only...lol)
If you want to build the best youth soccer club, it helps to have the Surf resources behind you — and Barry Ritson‘s goal is to build the leading youth soccer club in the country. Ritson announced yesterday that LA Premier FC will join with LA Surf SC; adding to the recently established merger of SoCal Academy, San Gabriel Valley Surf and Soltilo FC.
“The coming together of the 3 clubs, SoCal Academy, San Gabriel Valley Surf and Soltilo FC, showed a great vision for the LA market,” said Ritson. “With this existing base, it was just a quick 5-week process. From the very first day, there was a desire to put egos aside and look at what the market needs. Everyone was fantastic to work with. The LA market is unrivalled and is massive.” (So, does anyone know how they put egos aside?)
In fact, add in all the 18 Surf National Affiliates spanning the USA from New York to LA and there are more than 16,000 youth players wearing the Surf logo.

Last edited:
This is not an article with journalistic information - it is a press release to promote a brand. What's the real story on Dido leaving?

Truly sad to see good families get played like that. I feel really sad for the girls that get lied to by these adults. My dd and I sniffed them out early but because of fear and not wanting to rock the boat we laid low for two years. I kept seeing and hearing from dear families who got so screwed.This has to stop and get better for all of us. I got guys telling me to shut up because I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm just bitter my kid din;t make the stupid list that Mark and the other docs controlled back then for u14. Seriously guys, you think I came here in July not knowing what truly happened to my kid? I came here and I'm still here looking for answers to my questions because Mark wouldn't or couldn;t answer them.
Stop playing the victim. You went to Surf and got a free ride correct? Please you can’t say that the training your dd receives at Surf was not valuable. Life is not fair and the best don’t always make the list whether it be NT, TC, ODP or even AYSO All-Stars. I’ve known plenty of kiddos that quit soccer entirely for tennis, track, cross country and golf because the system in these sports are more objective. Either learn to live with it or more on. And you’ll be glad to know that my niece told me that CIF in San Diego no longer allows DA girls to play high school. She is bummed because she thought her high school team would kill it next year.

Stop playing the victim. You went to Surf and got a free ride correct? Please you can’t say that the training your dd receives at Surf was not valuable. Life is not fair and the best don’t always make the list whether it be NT, TC, ODP or even AYSO All-Stars. I’ve known plenty of kiddos that quit soccer entirely for tennis, track, cross country and golf because the system in these sports are more objective. Either learn to live with it or more on. And you’ll be glad to know that my niece told me that CIF in San Diego no longer allows DA girls to play high school. She is bummed because she thought her high school team would kill it next year.
Facter, where have you been? I am not a victim bro. But you know who is? All the girls should be able to do both and. I never cared about that stupid list bro. If I did, I would have kissed Marks Ring. The free ride lasted for two months. Yes, it did figure in my decision and I'm guilty for taking the money as did other coaches and docs. After EJ and the talks with Map, you think I care about the List that Mark, JH and few others put together in Socal? U17 and above is The List to be on and that will never happen for my baby unless some big changes happen at the top and if she turns heads every time she plays soccer. Not easy to make The List these days.

Last edited:
Back