Welcome to South Valley Surf

Having had 2 girls with 2 very different paths make it thru the SoCal landscape, it has been my experience that Coaches and/or DOC’s that promise or sell the most actually have the least to offer.
You said your Doc had to leave a bad scene soccer accident that had many casualties with MBSS. You also said all that Blues does is recruit and selling machine. This is a mess of swamp shit and I tried to tell you but you instead made fun of me (really my dd too) and saying I was chasing championships. We all know it was the other way around. They, the clubs and their Docs were chasing me to get to my dd so they could win the championships. They had something of value to her and only they said they had it. What might that be Kicker? I spoke to every single Doc except yours bro back in 2016-2018. Not because I called them either. They called me brah and gave me the true scoop, no TMs, just straight from the horses mouth.

When RSL (Utah Royals- AZ) got DA they were also promoting their ECNL side. I remember 2 meetings, each a week apart.

First meeting: DOC telling everyone there that RSL is one of something like 8 clubs that has BOTH DA and ECNL. How lucky we were to be part of the club. Some parent asked about DPL. DPL had been started a year earlier and for instance del Sol was in it. His response was DPL isnt even a league. Not worth our time. DPL is a joke. ECNL is where it is at.

Second meeting (one week later): During that week 2 clubs in AZ got ECNL and RSL lost ECNL. So the DOC is talking about how great DA is, etc. Some parent asks about ECNL and what happened. DOC says ECNL is second rate and how lucky the club is to have DPL. And DPL is where it is at. You want the top? DA. Your kids wants HS but still everything else? DPL.

I was like WOW. Just one week apart the story changed that much. I wondered how many people caught the slight of hand, or were most just looking at and thinking DA and missed how the story changed in 7 days between ECNL and DPL.
Thanks for sharing that. I thought I was hearing voices in my head and I tried to tell people and they ALL said, "shhhhhh, you better keep your mouth shut. These Docs know all the college coaches and they will tell them your a club hopper and a crazy dad." At the time I was after the National Team so I said you all can have the college deals. I'm going for the gold right now still." Funny story. I see now it's 99.5% all about college.

You talk like you're an authority but clearly have zero clue what you're talking about buddy. All you heard at manager's meeting is what everyone who is actually in the know wanted you to hear so you could parrot it. The real meetings were at the LAPFC side with Surf, SCA was a pawn in a much bigger game.

This is an interesting take. I've always liked BR and so I'm not going to share everything I know but the fact is LAPFC and BR worked it all out WAY before it was announced publicly and lots of peeps knew. Estban Chavez got $ and DA waivers for his flintridge academy high school team as compensation for being owned by Barry. I'm happy how it ended up becuz although we lost the LAPFC name LA Surf is LA Premier reborn and bigger than ever and growing in the safe hands of BR. #LAPFCproud #LASURFproud
nope an authority at all, but apparently you are, so congrats

Now that Trump has been impeached, I think the Russian troll farms have refocused their efforts on the So Cal soccer scene. #LAPFCproud #kag
I know you joined yesterday but all Trump, climate change, impeachment, politics, religion and other topics go over to the "off-topic" section. It's like going into a high stakes poker room over there. Let's keep it to the topic on the thread. Don;t feel bad, I many times went off script and I still do sometimes. We all need a little grace :)

I know you joined yesterday but all Trump, climate change, impeachment, politics, religion and other topics go over to the "off-topic" section. It's like going into a high stakes poker room over there. Let's keep it to the topic on the thread. Don;t feel bad, I many times went off script and I still do sometimes. We all need a little grace :)

My fault. Apparently I flailed at trying to add a bit "humor" while trying to point out what seems to me like an attempt to stir things up to create more drama/division in the soccer community, rather than just tossing out a cheap shot to turn this political. Will refrain from any references to politics in the future. Please don't give a me red card please please

You said your Doc had to leave a bad scene soccer accident that had many casualties with MBSS. You also said all that Blues does is recruit and selling machine. This is a mess of swamp shit and I tried to tell you but you instead made fun of me (really my dd too) and saying I was chasing championships. We all know it was the other way around. They, the clubs and their Docs were chasing me to get to my dd so they could win the championships. They had something of value to her and only they said they had it. What might that be Kicker? I spoke to every single Doc except yours bro back in 2016-2018. Not because I called them either. They called me brah and gave me the true scoop, no TMs, just straight from the horses mouth.
So if they were calling to recruit girls to help them win Championships and the parent makes the switch, does that not mean your jumping ship to win Championships?

And you think that you were the only one they were calling?

So if they were calling to recruit girls to help them win Championships and the parent makes the switch, does that not mean your jumping ship to win Championships?

And you think that you were the only one they were calling?
They weren't calling me saying, "come to Surf to win #10." Guess again Kicker. Only two more guesses. I know 100% now they were having discussions with others I found out later. My kid was ok player. Probably #5 on their wish list. I always work solo bro that's why when Fact said all that crap back in July it triggered me. We just happen to be the first to jump in with Marco and his plan and the clubs plan to be #1. To be #1, one must knock off the champs. We all know who they are because they have both DA & ECNL and are one of the most storied girls youth soccer program in America and the world :)

Here's the thing to remember for all clubs (especially the big ones) - There is always a Plan B or Plan C being worked on.
This pertains to (but is not limited to) the following:
  • Club Affiliation
  • Uniform Brand
  • Fields
  • Coaches
  • Players
  • Leagues
If club administrators and coaches were able to focus 100% of their time on improving the quality of their players, we'd all be in a better place. (And if parents were able to 100% believe in the club, they wouldn't have to shop around every December)

As it stands today, your club is spending countless hours and dollars right now on the tryout process. Coaches are jockeying to get players to return. DOCs are trying to figure out if any of their coaches are jumping ship. (And if they are taking players or full teams with them). DOCs are spending time trying to pull coaches away from their existing club (And if they are able to bring in players or full teams with them). DOCs are also trying to figure out who will coach their teams and whether or not a new assignment will cause a coach or players to leave.
And if your DOC is also a coach (and needs to coach 3 teams + DOC money to earn his living), then there will be coaches that will be forced off of a team because the DOC "understands that age group better and will help them develop", when in reality he just needs that extra $14k per year to cover his personal expenses. Then he'll tell the coaches they need to get out and recruit new teams if they want to coach more than 1 or 2 teams.

When RSL (Utah Royals- AZ) got DA they were also promoting their ECNL side. I remember 2 meetings, each a week apart.

First meeting: DOC telling everyone there that RSL is one of something like 8 clubs that has BOTH DA and ECNL. How lucky we were to be part of the club. Some parent asked about DPL. DPL had been started a year earlier and for instance del Sol was in it. His response was DPL isnt even a league. Not worth our time. DPL is a joke. ECNL is where it is at.

Second meeting (one week later): During that week 2 clubs in AZ got ECNL and RSL lost ECNL. So the DOC is talking about how great DA is, etc. Some parent asks about ECNL and what happened. DOC says ECNL is second rate and how lucky the club is to have DPL. And DPL is where it is at. You want the top? DA. Your kids wants HS but still everything else? DPL.

I was like WOW. Just one week apart the story changed that much. I wondered how many people caught the slight of hand, or were most just looking at and thinking DA and missed how the story changed in 7 days between ECNL and DPL.

LOL - BE is an exceptional used car salesman. He will say whatever to whoever to sell what he is currently selling and then turn around and state the opposite to the next in line if that sells them. He has built basically a "mega" club in a very short period of time, and it may even last because he's managed to become too powerful for the state (AZ) IMO, so the association need him (teams) more than he needs them (he has threatened to create/start club leagues for example).

Simple rule of thumb with him that I've learned, nod and disbelieve everything he says.

LOL - BE is an exceptional used car salesman. He will say whatever to whoever to sell what he is currently selling and then turn around and state the opposite to the next in line if that sells them. He has built basically a "mega" club in a very short period of time, and it may even last because he's managed to become too powerful for the state (AZ) IMO, so the association need him (teams) more than he needs them (he has threatened to create/start club leagues for example).

Simple rule of thumb with him that I've learned, nod and disbelieve everything he says.
Thanks for letting us all know what u think. TY

that is a fair Q and initially I was upset to loose our LAPFC name but having spoken with BR and NG the essence of our club lives on as they still run the show so hopefully all our DDs are still in good hands

and I would not agree with Chaves being a good coach from all I have heard and seen but he did get results with great players back in the day as he is a good recruiter but not so much anymore unless he can recruit again now like he did from lapfc and fcgs when at sca
As a member of his current club does he know you are trashing him as a coach on this public forum? From what I saw he had some solid teams that played well , reflecting a good coach with a commitment to developing his players without the brand name and garbage Press releases- I guess I was wrong since you have no agenda to pump up the LA Surf brand name

As a member of his current club does he know you are trashing him as a coach on this public forum? From what I saw he had some solid teams that played well , reflecting a good coach with a commitment to developing his players without the brand name and garbage Press releases- I guess I was wrong since you have no agenda to pump up the LA Surf brand name

I answered your Question before buddy but at this stage I hope I am wrong but it seems you are the 1 trying to stir the pot and increase online dramatics.I am happy to just move on I have already said he sold out for $ and hs waivers and push out the more talented dido this is known well.Ask the sca 2004 families if they think he is a good committed coach or person , many great Fams and Kids my DD is still friends with treated very badly.His head coaching record in DA is 6-16-1 so make of that Fact what you want. i am more concerned with wellbeing of children and families than pos coaches. I am not going to be dragged into revealing more detail why many in the Pasadena and lapfc community shares these negative opinions and once my DD is out of the club system in 2 years and can not be blackballed I will happily say a lot more , if you still want more bud , and apologiez if this post sounds rude as I’m sure you are trying to be the best parent u can be like the rest of us. Peace and happy holidays to your and your Fam

I answered your Question before buddy but at this stage I hope I am wrong but it seems you are the 1 trying to stir the pot and increase online dramatics.I am happy to just move on I have already said he sold out for $ and hs waivers and push out the more talented dido this is known well.Ask the sca 2004 families if they think he is a good committed coach or person , many great Fams and Kids my DD is still friends with treated very badly.His head coaching record in DA is 6-16-1 so make of that Fact what you want. i am more concerned with wellbeing of children and families than pos coaches. I am not going to be dragged into revealing more detail why many in the Pasadena and lapfc community shares these negative opinions and once my DD is out of the club system in 2 years and can not be blackballed I will happily say a lot more , if you still want more bud , and apologiez if this post sounds rude as I’m sure you are trying to be the best parent u can be like the rest of us. Peace and happy holidays to your and your Fam
Wow, I feel your pain bro. I understand that fear all too well. Dear, Dear and I mean Dear families I know have been treated like shit by coaches and docs who have had leverage in areas they should never have such power over a girl and her parents in. I hear some of these guys are pulling in over $200,000 a year. I'm just the guy to shout out, "This whole system is rigged." The cool thing about our family is I always taught my kids that you don;t have to go to college to be successful. So, were not afraid of that big bad wolf lie. I love college sports and I bet these coaches hate all this too. DA, ECNL, SCDSL, CSL or HS Soccer? "Gee coach, what league do you prefer my dd play to be seen by you?" Every college in America that has a girls soccer program are looking for girls who have good grades, a good attitude and can ball. So many college roster spots, they can't fill them all. You don't need a club soccer coach or a dude like Singer to be the "middle man." I do believe you need a good soccer coach to help you prepare for the college game and be an adviser through the process. I can pay for that. I told everyone on here that the 04's got it really bad in the birth year age change. That was the first domino to fall to start this train wreak and make players look for teams and open up the market to recruit players. It was like all the 04/03 baby goats got let out of their play pins and allowed to roam the green pastures out there. I know Tad Bobak and other experts in girls soccer tried hard to tell these incompetent at best USSF folks not to change to birth year because 99% of the girls will be playing college soccer with the other school age girls. All this went down because rich dads and "some" Docs wanted the big pay day using our money & time and our DD bodies to make a buck!!!!. Torn ACLs, broken wrists, concussions, broken legs, knee caps go side ways, missed school for a week b4 finals and no HS Sports. What your dd gets in return? 10 months of 100% committed soccer, 5 days a week, Fly across the country three times a year and take 6 hour car rides to play AZ and Vegas and nocal. Most of the rich fly because they have lot's of points. I have to drive my dd. Extra personal trainers, private time hitting the wall with the ball and practice through cones and only play soccer all by the time their 13 if you want to be better than everyone else. The prize for dd is maybe a call up to TC or YNT camp or WNT cap with a .5% of making the National Team. If you don't make any of that, you get an opportunity to play in college.

@soccerfan123 said, "I've always liked BR and so I'm not going to share everything I know"

That doesn't help us bro. Please share what you know, it will be very helpful. I wish you a fabulous 2020 :)
I understand. I had Marco from England and he said he knew everyone. BR coached the YNT and I bet he knows everyone in soccer too. You can PM me and we can start a convo if you like. I will never share anything someone on here tells me PM. That is called respect to one's privacy. If you need to wait two years before you spill the beans, it might allow this to drag on too long. I know now parents are afraid and I can relate to that. Peace bro to your family and especially your DD :)

Thats not entirely true. Esteban Chavez wanted ECNL for the girls. I know that for a fact. He had been trying to get into ECNL for awhile and they kept saying no.
They kept saying no to Beach and Legends too. This is starting to get interesting......

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to expose hypocrisy......
Yes, I understand now how you roll Kicker and I obviously was never a dear friend and I'm ok with that. I truly understand what you're all about. I get you. I'm hearing a lot other reasons why so many dads want the DA to stay. This is bigger then some U14 National Team that never was real in the first place. Oh yes, please expose my hypocrisy. Why are you so into the DA Kicker? Please, sell us why the DA is so incredible and is making the next best for the girls? Please share with the online parent class why DPL is so much better than ECNL and why it's ok for Docs to lie to the parents and string them along until it's too late to find a team? These assholes lied to kids faces and there lies the problem. Liar liar pants on fire all to make a buck off of us!!!!

Yes, I understand now how you roll Kicker and I obviously was never a dear friend and I'm ok with that. I truly understand what you're all about. I get you. I'm hearing a lot other reasons why so many dads want the DA to stay. This is bigger then some U14 National Team that never was real in the first place. Oh yes, please expose my hypocrisy. Why are you so into the DA Kicker? Please, sell us why the DA is so incredible and is making the next best for the girls? Please share with the online parent class why DPL is so much better than ECNL and why it's ok for Docs to lie to the parents and string them along until it's too late to find a team? These assholes lied to kids faces and there lies the problem. Liar liar pants on fire all to make a buck off of us!!!!
Do not confuse INTO with IN......My DD’s followed the Coaching, I do as I say and practice what I preach.

Why is DPL better than ECNL? Thats easy, it’s not!

There are a lot of Salesmen in youth sports, buyer beware!

Back