Welcome to South Valley Surf

ADPSOCCER

SILVER ELITE
WELCOMESVBANNER copy.jpg

South Valley Joins The Surf Family
Launching this week, South Valley Soccer Club will become part of LA Surf bringing Elite Programming and expanded opportunities to the Bakersfield Market.

Pasadena, CA., December 23, 2019 — In the world of youth sports, the Surf brand is renowned for professionalism, elite event management, high quality coaching and most importantly a deep commitment to player development. Our mission is to create best of the best experiences and opportunities for kids and we’re excited to announce our next step towards achieving this goal.

Today, LA Surf is proud to announce a new strategic partnership with the addition of the South Valley Surf; sharing of resources and management; growing influence in the Bakersfield Market; adding to the recently established US Soccer Development Academy Affiliation. South Valley Surf will play the remainder of 2019 as South Valley Soccer Club and become fully integrated into the LA Surf brand by the start of the 2020 season.

“This expansion of LA Surf brings together the best of the best in players, coaches and administrators.” said Jeremy McDonald, of Surf Cup Sports. “We could not be more excited to welcome South Valley to the Surf Family.”

This Surf alliance will have unmatched access to top-level programming and network resources. LA Surf, which offers both ECNL and U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) programming, will be a direct conduit for South Valley Surf athletes to play at the highest levels of competition and achieve increased exposure.

“In a changing landscape, like youth soccer, being able to adapt, integrate and evolve is necessary to deliver on and off the field with the ultimate goal of creating the optimal environment for all of our members.” said Barry Ritson, LA Surf’s CEO. “Creating this new structure in a talent-rich community as Bakersfield and pooling vast resources together of all of the stakeholders gives us the platform to be more efficient in our work, provide the very best development environment for players in more areas, at all levels of the game, and gives us a more prominent and exciting role at the national level.”

“We’re pleased to bring the Surf Nation to Bakersfield. Our Surf partnership will provide additional opportunities for our players to compete at the highest league and showcase levels. This is an exciting time for competitive youth soccer in Bakersfield as South Valley joins our country’s most comprehensive and premier program!” -- Jason Carter, President and DOC, South Valley Surf

“As our Surf Affiliate Program continues to expand, it’s important that we partner with organizations that are run by likeminded Coaches and Administrators as they are dedicated to our mission to provide the best of the best experiences and opportunities for their athletes,” said Chris Adams, Director of the Surf Affiliate program.

For over 42 years, Surf has been one of the founding organizations in youth soccer. With over $7 Million in charitable donations, 16 national championships, and countless professional, collegiate and youth national team players we are forever striving to be the “Best of the Best.” LA Surf joins San Diego Surf, Orange County Surf and the 16 Surf National Affiliates to comprise what we’re proud to call Surf Nation.

For Opportunities to join LA Surf and South Valley Surf visit: www.JoinLASurf.com
For more information on LA Surf and Surf Expansion, please contact: Barry Ritson | B.Ritson@lasurfsoccer.com

This Surf alliance will have unmatched access to top-level programming and network resources. LA Surf, which offers both ECNL and U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) programming, will be a direct conduit for South Valley Surf athletes to play at the highest levels of competition and achieve increased exposure.

q. Does LA Surf have ECNL too now?

I believe they have ECNL on boys side (not sure about girls). They got it with LA Premier side joining last year.

I believe they have ECNL on boys side (not sure about girls). They got it with LA Premier side joining last year.

Advertising is deliberately misleading....Nothing with the Surf name is going to involve @theECNL anytime soon...@boysECNL is totally different and did indeed come with la premier, but girls no chance.... the divide between them and Surf is as deep as the Grand Canyon

Advertising is deliberately misleading....Nothing with the Surf name is going to involve @theECNL anytime soon...@boysECNL is totally different and did indeed come with la premier, but girls no chance.... the divide between them and Surf is as deep as the Grand Canyon
Ya I know. My dd was stuck on a tight rope trying to balance out which side of the Grand Canyon Surf was going to take over a couple years ago. DA on the south side and ECNL northside with my dd stuck in the middle of that decision. Dr Spooner told me 100% ECNL and that no way DA will work with the girls. Boy was he wrong and gone before you know it. Her coach took off too for ECNL because he believed the same thing. I think they might be right. I think we all know what Surf got to go all in.

When Surf acquired SoCal Academy back in February, ECNL for the girls was the "carrot on the string" to string us along. They never promised us this, but said that they knew we wanted ECNL and they could help us get ECNL since they work closely with them as ECNL uses the fields owned by Surf Sports. Fast forward to May, and that's when LA Premier came through the back door and BAM, no more talk of ECNL as they only wanted DA all along. So it's only DA for the girls and ECNL for the boys. Won't surprise me if LA Surf boys go DA next season since SD and OC Surf boys are DA

When Surf acquired SoCal Academy back in February, ECNL for the girls was the "carrot on the string" to string us along. They never promised us this, but said that they knew we wanted ECNL and they could help us get ECNL since they work closely with them as ECNL uses the fields owned by Surf Sports. Fast forward to May, and that's when LA Premier came through the back door and BAM, no more talk of ECNL as they only wanted DA all along. So it's only DA for the girls and ECNL for the boys. Won't surprise me if LA Surf boys go DA next season since SD and OC Surf boys are DA
Thats not entirely true. Esteban Chavez wanted ECNL for the girls. I know that for a fact. He had been trying to get into ECNL for awhile and they kept saying no.

I saw his HS team in action last week, Flintridge Prep. I'm assuming it's a private school? Must be nice to be able to coach HS Soccer and the DA Team, plus have some of your studs who play DA get to play HS Soccer and DA but my kid can't. Something wrong with that perception?????? Loved their position style but now I understand why.....lol! I know many who felt like Coach Chavez was all in ECNL and then bamb, Surf came knocking and the last minute change of heart happened. I can relate. I've changed my mind a few times and I'm sure the coach had his reasons. Lot's of parents were pissed because they wanted ECNL and HS soccer and were told that was happening. However, looks like a late move by LA Surf got them into the DA fold and.....you guessed it, they were all sold DPL and the Big Hat No Cattle showcase in Dallas. Same thing happen to us two years ago. ECNL one day and then, Bamb, DPL instead. They drag the truth out as far as it's too late to find a new team and your stuck and that frankly sucks!!!!

I saw his HS team in action last week, Flintridge Prep. I'm assuming it's a private school? Must be nice to be able to coach HS Soccer and the DA Team, plus have some of your studs who play DA get to play HS Soccer and DA but my kid can't. Something wrong with that perception?????? Loved their position style but now I understand why.....lol! I know many who felt like Coach Chavez was all in ECNL and then bamb, Surf came knocking and the last minute change of heart happened. I can relate. I've changed my mind a few times and I'm sure the coach had his reasons. Lot's of parents were pissed because they wanted ECNL and HS soccer and were told that was happening. However, looks like a late move by LA Surf got them into the DA fold and.....you guessed it, they were all sold DPL and the Big Hat No Cattle showcase in Dallas. Same thing happen to us two years ago. ECNL one day and then, Bamb, DPL instead. They drag the truth out as far as it's too late to find a new team and your stuck and that frankly sucks!!!!
Stop speaking to subjects that you have zero info on. Your not helping.

Thanks for the informative post....we spent many happy years at Sd surf but were relieved we’d moved out the area before the great lie of 2018....surf told families (good families and DDs) they had ECNL when they knew they’d lost it...took their money then many weeks later boom, sorry guys ECNL just told us we have it no more so we can’t give you any refund.....but we do have dpl...lol....really bad stuff that upset some lovely good meaning people and their hard earned money was totally disrespected....

Stop speaking to subjects that you have zero info on. Your not helping.
Zero info? I have experience and insight unlike many so I can surly help parents out. I experience the Surf shit first hand and saw families stressed out looking for a team because no ECNL which was sold to the parents and then they got sold DPL as I did by the new Doc so my little goat could play HS Soccer. However, Coach Chavez gets to do both and so do his players. If coach Chavez took the DPL Directorship then I think I would be ok with that. This is so wrong I can puke on xmas night. Wow, what a xmas surprise.

Thanks for the informative post....we spent many happy years at Sd surf but were relieved we’d moved out the area before the great lie of 2018....surf told families (good families and DDs) they had ECNL when they knew they’d lost it...took their money then many weeks later boom, sorry guys ECNL just told us we have it no more so we can’t give you any refund.....but we do have dpl...lol....really bad stuff that upset some lovely good meaning people and their hard earned money was totally disrespected....
Yep, that sounds very familiar. SoCal Academy had a very good thing going. It's ashamed it ended the way it did. In that whole process, LA Surf lost 3 teams; 2 went to LA Breakers ECNL (one being my DD's team) and the LA Premier 04 DA left to FCGS/SoCal Blues. I can't and won't speak for anyone else, but the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. But it is what it is and I know my DD is happy playing both ECNL and high school soccer. Pretty big difference between the two...lol

Zero info? I have experience and insight unlike many so I can surly help parents out. I experience the Surf shit first hand and saw families stressed out looking for a team because no ECNL which was sold to the parents and then they got sold DPL as I did by the new Doc so my little goat could play HS Soccer. However, Coach Chavez gets to do both and so do his players. If coach Chavez took the DPL Directorship then I think I would be ok with that. This is so wrong I can puke on xmas night. Wow, what a xmas surprise.
Ok, show us how much you know. Name the players that are on his HS team and his DA teams.

Truly sad to see good families get played like that. I feel really sad for the girls that get lied to by these adults. My dd and I sniffed them out early but because of fear and not wanting to rock the boat we laid low for two years. I kept seeing and hearing from dear families who got so screwed.This has to stop and get better for all of us. I got guys telling me to shut up because I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm just bitter my kid din;t make the stupid list that Mark and the other docs controlled back then for u14. Seriously guys, you think I came here in July not knowing what truly happened to my kid? I came here and I'm still here looking for answers to my questions because Mark wouldn't or couldn;t answer them.

Back