U15/05 Girls Academy/ECNL WNT Pool

Seems true with every DA/ECNL club I am aware of. Can you share which ECNL clubs train more than 3 days a week and don't drastically scale down for several months during HS season?
My kid's ECNL club has 3 mandatory practices at the older age groups and one optional small group clinic per week. During the high school break, the club offered optional training sessions(no extra fees for these) 3-5 times per week for all of the ECNL girls who were interested. The high school rules in our area allow for high school kids to train with their club as long as they are not playing 11 v 11, so many of the kids playing high school attended these sessions when they could. The ones who skipped high school attended most of the optional sessions during the break, and these sessions included many college and professional players who trained/competed with the club girls so that they could keep in shape during their off season. The kids have the choice to scale down, but many don't. All up to the kid and the family, as it should be.

You made the trip to Phx last weekend correct? Your daughter made some great saves during the Sat game. See you guys on Sunday. Rising is the Sat game.

So in NV kids can play HS at the same time they are in club? AZ does not allow HS players to play club during HS season. The HS season just ended last week.
Rising is a dangerous team

Leagues don’t develop players, Coaches and Players families do!
I understand that and I appreciate how all the Docs and coaches develop the true goats. The ads I read say something else on social media. It's face that they say come join our family so we can develope you probably. That is BS!!! Also, I think most of these top top players are born to play and just need help. They will develop themselves with hard work, not a club.

SD SURF U.S. SOCCER CALL-INS
Our mission is to create the best of the best opportunities and experiences for our players and this month the opportunities were HUGE for our players! TWENTY-ONE of our players were selected for U.S. Soccer Youth National Teams and Camps. These are definitely experiences they will never forget and we are so proud to have been part of their development journey and see them excel at the national level!

Beach Futbol Club recruits and develops the best soccer talent in Southern California, with hundreds of alums in college, the pros, and international teams. Schedule your tryout today!

I understand that and I appreciate how all the Docs and coaches develop the true goats. The ads I read say something else on social media. It's face that they say come join our family so we can develope you probably. That is BS!!! Also, I think most of these top top players are born to play and just need help. They will develop themselves with hard work, not a club.
Here is an example using my girls 05 and 06 teams. Prior to DA I think our club program did a good job of developing players as well as maintaining its player pool with few additions until DA. When looking at those teams now in DA the 05 team has 21 05's (split between 05 and 04). Of those 14 came from the club program. The 06's have 17 full time players. And 10 of those came from the club program. All of these players originating from the club program (not DA) were with the team for at least 3 years minimum. Some like my two girls have started from the original group at U8.

Here is an example using my girls 05 and 06 teams. Prior to DA I think our club program did a good job of developing players as well as maintaining its player pool with few additions until DA. When looking at those teams now in DA the 05 team has 21 05's (split between 05 and 04). Of those 14 came from the club program. The 06's have 17 full time players. And 10 of those came from the club program. All of these players originating from the club program (not DA) were with the team for at least 3 years minimum. Some like my two girls have started from the original group at U8.
That is super cool to hear and congrats :)

I can only speak to my kid's club. They have 3 practices + 1 technique focused day. They do break for HS soccer, but for those girls that decide not to play HS, training continues 3-4 times per week. There is no scale down.
So DA or ECNL may be giving your kid 6-8 hours per week based on 1.5-2.0 hours for practice 3-4 times per week?

Current daughter, freshman, puts in 10 hours per week for track at the school, 5 hours a week with the basketball team doing some conditioning and drills, 4 hours with soccer team, 1.5 hours with keeper trainer. So she puts in about 20+ hours per week of various exercise, drills, and conditioning, not counting games on the weekends. Not bad for a keeper.

I imagine all the top players, no matter where they play, put in extra hours. 5 for a club or 8 for ECNL/DA isn't going to make that huge of a difference. Putting in another 5-10 hours on your own will. No matter what club, there will be some players that do what is required, and others that put in the extra effort.

So DA or ECNL may be giving your kid 6-8 hours per week based on 1.5-2.0 hours for practice 3-4 times per week?

Current daughter, freshman, puts in 10 hours per week for track at the school, 5 hours a week with the basketball team doing some conditioning and drills, 4 hours with soccer team, 1.5 hours with keeper trainer. So she puts in about 20+ hours per week of various exercise, drills, and conditioning, not counting games on the weekends. Not bad for a keeper.

I imagine all the top players, no matter where they play, put in extra hours. 5 for a club or 8 for ECNL/DA isn't going to make that huge of a difference. Putting in another 5-10 hours on your own will. No matter what club, there will be some players that do what is required, and others that put in the extra effort.

development of our DDs is down to a number of factors...... I would say these are the top 5.....

1....Natural ability of the DD in question....skill, coordination, speed....
2.... Work ethic of the DD.....does she embrace the grind and like tough challenges....
3....Parents willingness and ability to support the above.....can you drive the to practices and games, feed them good food, role model humility.....
4....A coach who believes in the kid and guides and pushes them....does the coach work hard, will he help your DD at college time.....
5.....Playing with AND against a sufficient level of player and team....hard to be the best of your never exposed to the best hence DA and ECNL....

100% correct.

This news has just come to my attention and it’s crazy to believe. San Jose Quakes have decided to dissolve their girls DA program because of finances despite being a pay to play model. Obviously such a surprising move will only hurt their reputation as a professional club. Apparently costs were swelling partially because of the DOC’s salary which I was told ranged north of $250K. The new initiatives that MLS has set on the boy’s academy programs is also a huge factor in this decision. SJQ DOC also just recently reached out to both ECNL and DA clubs. The hope here is to start a league of their own and for the SJQ DOC to start a new club. Those clubs that were contacted declined this offer. SJQ teams are currently looking for homes. Apparently several teams are negotiating with MVLA. Feel sorry for those players and their families.

This news has just come to my attention and it’s crazy to believe. San Jose Quakes have decided to dissolve their girls DA program because of finances despite being a pay to play model. Obviously such a surprising move will only hurt their reputation as a professional club. Apparently costs were swelling partially because of the DOC’s salary which I was told ranged north of $250K. The new initiatives that MLS has set on the boy’s academy programs is also a huge factor in this decision. SJQ DOC also just recently reached out to both ECNL and DA clubs. The hope here is to start a league of their own and for the SJQ DOC to start a new club. Those clubs that were contacted declined this offer. SJQ teams are currently looking for homes. Apparently several teams are negotiating with MVLA. Feel sorry for those players and their families.
Is this for reals?

The most likely reason for any perceived bias towards the DA is because the selection criteria isn't primarily about identifying and developing "who is the best player today" but rather "who has the most potential to become a full YNT player."

US Soccer knows a U15 girl who is slated to train 4 days a week for 10 months a year at a high level (DA) for each of the next four years is going to better fulfill their potential than a girl slated to train 3 days a week for 7 months a year at a high level (ECNL) plus another 3 months of high school soccer for each of the next 4 years.

Common sense tells you the first environment is much more likely to maximize a player's development, and the last decade of experience with the boys has proven that very few elite players come up through the high school pathway anymore when such a large number of others are following the more intensive DA pathway.

Not sure if this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment??? Not sure of your experience on the boys side but from our own personal experience, and statistically speaking, I am not sure that statement is very accurate. If anything, the last 11 years of boys DA have shown what a total disaster and failure the DA has been on the boys side. You should probably clarify which pathway you are referring to. The pathway to nowhere? Thus far, any sane or reasonable (objective) person can see that these clubs are not producing consistent, quality talent, with the exception of FC Dallas and maybe NY Red Bulls. However, those two clubs can/would produce talent regardless of DA status. Both clubs, particularly FC Dallas identify kids in their youth program, with promising potential, and look to help them find a true development environment generally in Mexico or Germany. Now with one of their top coaches getting the coaching job over at 1st team Xolos, it is likely that more kids will be encouraged to leave the US for better opportunities. Does USSSF like that FC Dallas does this? Not one bit but FC Dallas is the biggest fish in the DA pool. Can a DA system work? Of course. Not suggesting that it can't. Just saying that it is not working now and even a blind man should be able to see that. The reason that FC Dallas has been consistent at producing talent is that they are true to their core mission of development. And they have proven that they can do that and still make real money.

Their not so secret keys to producing talent lies in their tier system. Everybody knows and understands their role.

Ballers - Key players who, as soon as coaching staff feels they are ready, looks for opportunities abroad to develop further.

Chumps - Important role to keep system working. They complete the roster. Some will get lucky and play at a higher level, some will go to college but most will be pumping gas or flipping burgers by the age of 25

Fluffers - Just like in the movies, these players ride the bench and whose primary role is to support the team and make sure they are ready for the show. Parents put these kids on the team to boast at cocktail parties to people that don't know better.

Not sure if this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment??? Not sure of your experience on the boys side but from our own personal experience, and statistically speaking, I am not sure that statement is very accurate. If anything, the last 11 years of boys DA have shown what a total disaster and failure the DA has been on the boys side. You should probably clarify which pathway you are referring to. The pathway to nowhere? Thus far, any sane or reasonable (objective) person can see that these clubs are not producing consistent, quality talent, with the exception of FC Dallas and maybe NY Red Bulls. However, those two clubs can/would produce talent regardless of DA status. Both clubs, particularly FC Dallas identify kids in their youth program, with promising potential, and look to help them find a true development environment generally in Mexico or Germany. Now with one of their top coaches getting the coaching job over at 1st team Xolos, it is likely that more kids will be encouraged to leave the US for better opportunities. Does USSSF like that FC Dallas does this? Not one bit but FC Dallas is the biggest fish in the DA pool. Can a DA system work? Of course. Not suggesting that it can't. Just saying that it is not working now and even a blind man should be able to see that. The reason that FC Dallas has been consistent at producing talent is that they are true to their core mission of development. And they have proven that they can do that and still make real money.

Their not so secret keys to producing talent lies in their tier system. Everybody knows and understands their role.

Ballers - Key players who, as soon as coaching staff feels they are ready, looks for opportunities abroad to develop further.

Chumps - Important role to keep system working. They complete the roster. Some will get lucky and play at a higher level, some will go to college but most will be pumping gas or flipping burgers by the age of 25

Fluffers - Just like in the movies, these players ride the bench and whose primary role is to support the team and make sure they are ready for the show. Parents put these kids on the team to boast at cocktail parties to people that don't know better.

I’m only speaking about the Girls DA program just to be clear.

This is way above my pay grade! This topic has been crickets all day. No one wants to touch this topic. lol
I do. It's false rumor with lies again right again? "What's going on" up in NoCal? When Blues spanked them 7-0, I knew something was up. I bet some of those girls also want to play hs soccer? I would predict that MLVA is going to be a very stronger team? Are they all staying to finish the season?

Apparently Deza is desperately trying to find someone in the area to start a new club with him. Problem is - he’s burned so many bridges here in the Bay Area and know one wants to work with him or fund it for him. He’s not the easiest person to get along with is what I’m hearing. Wonder what his #1 04 team is thinking!
I do. It's false rumor with lies again right again? "What's going on" up in NoCal? When Blues spanked them 7-0, I knew something was up. I bet some of those girls also want to play hs soccer? I would predict that MLVA is going to be a very stronger team? Are they all staying to finish the season?
Could be all lies if that’s your take. Nothing on this board is ever true right?

Apparently Deza is desperately trying to find someone in the area to start a new club with him. Problem is - he’s burned so many bridges here in the Bay Area and know one wants to work with him or fund it for him. He’s not the easiest person to get along with is what I’m hearing. Wonder what his #1 04 team is thinking!

Back