U15/05 Girls Academy/ECNL WNT Pool

Real....our commute now is fast only 30 minutes but we are willing to drive up to one hour.....maybe a little bit more especially if there is less traffic and it is faster leaving practice.....

Walnut Creek area or Stockton.........

Do NOT move to Stockton. That's like saying "Encino or Compton." Stockton is an absolute cesspool with 2 nice areas the locals are terrified to leave.

Real....our commute now is fast only 30 minutes but we are willing to drive up to one hour.....maybe a little bit more especially if there is less traffic and it is faster leaving practice.....

Walnut Creek area or Stockton.........
If you're out in Stockton, there are no ECNL or GDA clubs close by. From Stockton to Mustang or Rage is about an hour depending on the traffic. It's worse going back home - probably an hour and half.

Another choice if you're living in Stockton would be San Juan, which is also one of the best clubs in NorCal. It would take an hour or more each way, depending on the traffic.

Since soccer seems to be a big part of you and your daughter's life and she wants to play at a high level, I would take this into consideration when choosing between Walnut Creek and Stockton.

Walnut Creek is close to me. Mustang and Lamorinda are basically equidistant from Walnut Creek. So go to Lamorinda if you want a more possession style. Go to Mustang if you want a more physical and direct style. Depending on traffic 15-45 minutes commute to either from WC.

Walnut Creek is close to you... and your daughter in Tijuana?

If you're out in Stockton, there are no ECNL or GDA clubs close by. From Stockton to Mustang or Rage is about an hour depending on the traffic. It's worse going back home - probably an hour and half.

Another choice if you're living in Stockton would be San Juan, which is also one of the best clubs in NorCal. It would take an hour or more each way, depending on the traffic.

Since soccer seems to be a big part of you and your daughter's life and she wants to play at a high level, I would take this into consideration when choosing between Walnut Creek and Stockton.
And, since a few people mentioned MVLA and Thorns, that would be a monster commute from Walnut Creek or Stockton. Consider that only if you're willing to spend 3 or 4 hours in your car each day.

And, since a few people mentioned MVLA and Thorns, that would be a monster commute from Walnut Creek or Stockton. Consider that only if you're willing to spend 3 or 4 hours in your car each day.

Agreed. If you're in WC, I think Mustang in Danville is the obvious choice. I don't know enough about Lamo but I don't consider them equal clubs. Lamo doesn't have the reputation of moving girls onto college like Mustang does. Even Pleasanton Rage is sliding the wrong direction.

I do. It's false rumor with lies again right again? "What's going on" up in NoCal? When Blues spanked them 7-0, I knew something was up. I bet some of those girls also want to play hs soccer? I would predict that MLVA is going to be a very stronger team? Are they all staying to finish the season?

Spanked them 7-0? When and what age group?

Apparently Deza is desperately trying to find someone in the area to start a new club with him. Problem is - he’s burned so many bridges here in the Bay Area and know one wants to work with him or fund it for him. He’s not the easiest person to get along with is what I’m hearing. Wonder what his #1 04 team is thinking!

Could be all lies if that’s your take. Nothing on this board is ever true right?

Apparently Deza is desperately trying to find someone in the area to start a new club with him. Problem is - he’s burned so many bridges here in the Bay Area and know one wants to work with him or fund it for him. He’s not the easiest person to get along with is what I’m hearing. Wonder what his #1 04 team is thinking!

4 of them are verbal to UCLA. Others to Stanford, Duke, etc. Already in pretty good shape.

Do NOT move to Stockton. That's like saying "Encino or Compton." Stockton is an absolute cesspool with 2 nice areas the locals are terrified to leave.
Probably worse. Stockton is a cesspool. Lot’s of problems there homie...any neighborhood you’re considering drive by at night before you commit!

Agreed. If you're in WC, I think Mustang in Danville is the obvious choice. I don't know enough about Lamo but I don't consider them equal clubs. Lamo doesn't have the reputation of moving girls onto college like Mustang does. Even Pleasanton Rage is sliding the wrong direction.
Lamo is a smaller club and their director is reputed to be as talented as Deza.
The good thing that I hear about LaMo is that they are very dedicated to their players as long as you’re willing to work.
I also don’t think Mo has problems putting his kids on YNT either.
I almost went there out of convenience and Mustang SC style is too direct for my liking.

The determining factor between those 2 clubs should be based on your kids preferred style of play.
I ended up not going to LaMo because the coach I was talking to got caught in a sex sting with a minor girl.

This news has just come to my attention and it’s crazy to believe. San Jose Quakes have decided to dissolve their girls DA program because of finances despite being a pay to play model. Obviously such a surprising move will only hurt their reputation as a professional club. Apparently costs were swelling partially because of the DOC’s salary which I was told ranged north of $250K. The new initiatives that MLS has set on the boy’s academy programs is also a huge factor in this decision. SJQ DOC also just recently reached out to both ECNL and DA clubs. The hope here is to start a league of their own and for the SJQ DOC to start a new club. Those clubs that were contacted declined this offer. SJQ teams are currently looking for homes. Apparently several teams are negotiating with MVLA. Feel sorry for those players and their families.
I‘m being told this is completely fabricated. I personally know several of the families from my DD YNT camps and trips. Their families are saying coaches and the organization laughed at the comments. They said Rumors like these start every year prior to tryouts. Usually propaganda started by local clubs. Apparently it’s quite the opposite. The Quakes organization is actually putting even more resources into the girls program.

I‘m being told this is completely fabricated. I personally know several of the families from my DD YNT camps and trips. Their families are saying coaches and the organization laughed at the comments. They said Rumors like these start every year prior to tryouts. Usually propaganda started by local clubs. Apparently it’s quite the opposite. The Quakes organization is actually putting even more resources into the girls program.

That's good to hear for the girls... but if Deza is making $250k+ per year, I'd be taking a hard look at that.

I have no personal knowledge if that rumor is true, nor do I really care. But I do remember you from a couple of years ago, when there was a discussion about a tournament final game in NorCal which a Quakes team lost, and you made up that story about seeing a video that showed that the Quakes outplayed the other team and deserved to win. When people who saw the game live said the flow of the game was completely opposite of what you described from the "video" and the deserving team won, and asked you to send a link, you completely ran away. Now you're back again 2 years later, with only 3 posts to your name in all that time, and every post defending the same organization and accusing someone of spreading propoganda. LOL.

I don't live in the San Francisco area but wouldn't that be the entry level income needed to afford a house and a middle class life within a commutable drive?

Not based on what I know about my friends in that area but that's an admittedly small sample size. My friends are mostly living hand to mouth and often times have 1 vehicle. And we're talking about both being college educated and well into their careers. That said, a soccer DOC? I could see $150k... but you're a damned soccer club director. Just seems excessive to me.

Heard Quakes sent out a letter saying they wont be in DA next year. Cleverly left out the part that the club is cutting the girls! Don’t know what families you know but can’t be that close. Congrats to your YNT camp friends! Don’t know why that was important!

S
I have no personal knowledge if that rumor is true, nor do I really care. But I do remember you from a couple of years ago, when there was a discussion about a tournament final game in NorCal which a Quakes team lost, and you made up that story about seeing a video that showed that the Quakes outplayed the other team and deserved to win. When people who saw the game live said the flow of the game was completely opposite of what you described from the "video" and the deserving team won, and asked you to send a link, you completely ran away. Now you're back again 2 years later, with only 3 posts to your name in all that time, and every post defending the same organization and accusing someone of spreading propoganda. LOL.
Ding Ding! Looks like someone just got exposed! Nice work Davin!!

Back