U15/05 Girls Academy/ECNL WNT Pool

What's going on with the 05 age group? There's no chatter on how the season is going for any teams. 05's can't be that boring! :)Curious to get a pulse on both leagues how teams are looking this season. Question regarding U15 National Team pool- Do they normally select players heavily from DA or ECNL? I'm hearing in Socal to get a sniff at a national camp call up you should been in a DA program. Is there any truth to that. Seems wrong to me if that's the case.

Also- is there any U15 National Team invite camps scheduled for this upcoming weekend in San Diego. I've heard a few girls from Norcal got invited up to San Diego for a camp invite.

What's going on with the 05 age group? There's no chatter on how the season is going for any teams. 05's can't be that boring! :)Curious to get a pulse on both leagues how teams are looking this season. Question regarding U15 National Team pool- Do they normally select players heavily from DA or ECNL? I'm hearing in Socal to get a sniff at a national camp call up you should been in a DA program. Is there any truth to that. Seems wrong to me if that's the case.

Also- is there any U15 National Team invite camps scheduled for this upcoming weekend in San Diego. I've heard a few girls from Norcal got invited up to San Diego for a camp invite.
FWIW there were a decent number of girls from ECNL at the recent U14 YNT regional camp.

FWIW there were a decent number of girls from ECNL at the recent U14 YNT regional camp.
It's great to see 60 girls invited. That's a good number by the way nice of them to bring some ECNL goats to the camp. Let's just make sure no inside recruiting is goin on like last year. Rumor Rumor Rumor :) Tip for those who are paying attention. Look to see where the ECNL players are playing next year :)

LAFC Slammers is 11-0-0 I don't think they lost a game all of last year until the ECNL national title game. It's unfortunate they arent in DA would be good competion great games with them and Surf, Galaxy, Beach, Legends, Blues

LAFC Slammers is 11-0-0 I don't think they lost a game all of last year until the ECNL national title game. It's unfortunate they arent in DA would be good competion great games with them and Surf, Galaxy, Beach, Legends, Blues

I would throw that Thorns team in the mix with Socal teams. Doesn't matter if in DA or ECNL just the players get recognized. Throw in Quakes, Placer and Mustangs. All are good teams. Wonder how they select these players from DA if not having any scouts at games. Doesn't make any sense.

There are ‘05 ECNL players in the U15 NTC pool as well as in the U15 YNT pool. There are more DA players than ECNL, but ECNL is certainly still represented. Scouts do watch some games in person, and they watch some film when they can’t physically be at games.

The U14 camp in Chula Vista was a regional camp. It already happened in the beginning of February and yes there were several NorCal girls invited.

Lol out of that group you listed only Surf my DDs old team.....and maybe on one of their good days Galaxy.....would be able to give LAFC a game.....they are loaded with young goats.....

Lol out of that group you listed only Surf my DDs old team.....and maybe on one of their good days Galaxy.....would be able to give LAFC a game.....they are loaded with young goats.....
Surf and Galaxy are good team but give Norcal a little credit here. I saw LAFC Slammers play in Florida and the team is solid but not unbeatable. We have some young goats here in DA too.

Surf and Galaxy are good team but give Norcal a little credit here. I saw LAFC Slammers play in Florida and the team is solid but not unbeatable. We have some young goats here in DA too.

I was referring only to the list of teams given in that post.....NorCal has some great teams no doubt......but to call LAFC only solid is a bit tough.....but true they are beatable as pda and Barcelona proved.....

And Heat beat them in Vegas cup and Rush Hawaii in regionals both in 2018 yes they are barely beatable was never trying to say they wouldn't be on top of DA just saying it would be hard a lot tougher and a bigger challenge to keep going unbeaten through the grind of a season against that competion and would be fun to see

I was referring only to the list of teams given in that post.....NorCal has some great teams no doubt......but to call LAFC only solid is a bit tough.....but true they are beatable as pda and Barcelona proved.....
Ahh Gotcha! That pda didn’t really impress me for some reason. I can’t point at one thing but it’s just something about that team that doesn’t sit well to me. That Barcelona team was pretty good. I water the champion game and there first goal as they built out the back and the mid overlap straight to goal was unreal. You really don’t see that type of movement at that age group.

I would throw that Thorns team in the mix with Socal teams. Doesn't matter if in DA or ECNL just the players get recognized. Throw in Quakes, Placer and Mustangs. All are good teams. Wonder how they select these players from DA if not having any scouts at games. Doesn't make any sense.
Love that Thorns team beautiful soccer

U15 YNT camp will be in California next week. Imagine roster will be public soon, this is the next camp after the 60 person camp in October. Decent number of ECNL girls will be there

And Heat beat them in Vegas cup and Rush Hawaii in regionals both in 2018 yes they are barely beatable was never trying to say they wouldn't be on top of DA just saying it would be hard a lot tougher and a bigger challenge to keep going unbeaten through the grind of a season against that competion and would be fun to see
If LAFC played in the Pac 12 they would have a few loses is what your trying to say. I do like how they play. Both LAFC 04 and 05 teams are solid. MLVA is my favorite team to watch 04.

If LAFC played in the Pac 12 they would have a few loses is what your trying to say. I do like how they play. Both LAFC 04 and 05 teams are solid. MLVA is my favorite team to watch 04.
Ha maybe. One of their goats was freshman at Troy hs scoring many goals was ocvaristy athlete of the week one week

Just saying those teams I listed as well as Surf soon to be ecnl for a day then dpl were the top finishing 8 teams in national cup the last time 05s played national cup and LAFC doesn't get to play any of them since then.

Wonder how they select these players from DA if not having any scouts at games. Doesn't make any sense.

Coach recommendation so parent politics can get involved.

As others have stated, a sprinkle of ecnl players invited, but heavily skewed DA. Then the US Soccer folks suggest to the ecnl players they should think about moving to DA clubs.

Coach recommendation so parent politics can get involved.

As others have stated, a sprinkle of ecnl players invited, but heavily skewed DA. Then the US Soccer folks suggest to the ecnl players they should think about moving to DA clubs.
Coach and then Doc with a final recommendation. At least with ODP all 50 sates had a a team to try and beat the Goliath. The top 100 would then play and the YNT Coaches picked the best goats of that day. You have to bring it that day when all eyes are watching. There is no way the top 100 players in this country today are getting a looksey. Also, all the poor girls are locked out.

Back